X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Says the guy sitting on the sidelines
    I'm the guy referred to. And yes, I was on the sidelines. ON THE GRASS! ...oh yes, we had to walk over several corpses on the turf that had succumb to either cancer or heat, but you do what you have to do.

Comment

my friend, kelly leak, once played in a game at the old Astrodome in houston and got a burn when he slid on the turf
      I was all ready to correct you. I would've sworn his name was Kelly Lee, but I checked and you were correct. Kelly Leak. I am a wiser man thanks to you and Talking Soccer.

...this message brought to you by Chico's Bail Bonds

Comment

Why don't they use white rubber to reduce the heat? Affirmative action has invaded every aspect of our lives!

Comment

Heat is from the nylon that makes up the grass like material. The heat does not come from the black rubber and was proven in testing with a company that had colored the rubber a white color

Comment

Astro Turf, was really concrete covered with the old outdoor rugs, and maybe an 1/8 of foam. Whole generation of players from the 70s-90s, that are making Ortho/Neuro Surgeons a lot of money today.

Comment

The fact that FIFA does not utilize them is not a positve fact for your argument
              FIFA does utilize turf and even has a worldwide certification program known as FIFA 1 and FIFA 2 field certification. It runs about 25k per year to be certified.

Comment

perhaps one of you could do a bit of research. What is the cost for instillation and maintenance of a turf versus grass field?

Below below looks interesting and when you read it... clearly there are alternatives to "cheap old turf". So, why does Gillette install sod for 24-48 hours when top international teams play at Gillette.

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artifici...-certification

Lastly, all of you that like pre season tournaments in March in the Northeast ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X