Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Club Soccer

Hi all! I am looking into colleges that I would like to attend. I am going into my junior year, and yes, I have been trying to get recruited. However, the school I am really interested in going to has a pretty good D1 soccer program and I am not sure if I will make the team. Luckily, the school also has a club team. What do you guys know about club soccer versus D1 or D3? I know it must be a lot more laid back since these students are presumably more focused on their education than soccer, so what does it usually consist of? Some questions I have are

1.) Is it usually all year long or just the fall?
    2.) How often do they practice?
    3.) Could a club member move up in rankings and become part of the real team their following year?
    4.) Are there usually a lot of cuts or do most kids make the club team?
    5.) What is the experience compared to playing a varsity sport in college?

Thanks!

The entertainment never ends. TS just keeps on giving.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi all! I am looking into colleges that I would like to attend. I am going into my junior year, and yes, I have been trying to get recruited. However, the school I am really interested in going to has a pretty good D1 soccer program and I am not sure if I will make the team. Luckily, the school also has a club team. What do you guys know about club soccer versus D1 or D3? I know it must be a lot more laid back since these students are presumably more focused on their education than soccer, so what does it usually consist of? Some questions I have are

3.) Could a club member move up in rankings and become part of the real team their following year?

Thanks!
      I don't know much about college club soccer, but know that the club program at UMass features some former high level (DAP) players on the men's side. Here are links for the UMass men's and women's programs:

https://umassamherst.collegiatelink....ubsoccer/about

They appear much more laid back than D1 and D3, but pretty similar to high level youth club in terms of training frequency.

Comment

The entertainment never ends. TS just keeps on giving.
        You are such a douche! Its a perfectly valid question, f u c k t a r d.

Comment

I don't know much about college club soccer, but know that the club program at UMass features some former high level (DAP) players on the men's side. Here are links for the UMass men's and women's programs:

They appear much more laid back than D1 and D3, but pretty similar to high level youth club in terms of training frequency.
          So you had all this at your fingertips but are clueless about what it is all about and what you should do. OK.

Comment

You are such a douche! Its a perfectly valid question, f u c k t a r d.
            It's a complete fictitious joke, idiot.

Comment

So you had all this at your fingertips but are clueless about what it is all about and what you should do. OK.
              I knew UMass had club soccer, googled it, and presented the links I found. Having looked over what I found at those links, I now know more about college club soccer...at UMass...than I did before. Please don't shoot the messenger!

Comment

I knew UMass had club soccer, googled it, and presented the links I found. Having looked over what I found at those links, I now know more about college club soccer...at UMass...than I did before. Please don't shoot the messenger!
                OP here! Thanks for your comment I actually found it useful. Don't know why someone is making fun of you for it.

Comment

OP here! Thanks for your comment I actually found it useful. Don't know why someone is making fun of you for it.
                  Because these people are f'ing retards. They assume that any question is a "set up" question from one of many alter egos that exist in the minds of some delusional members!

Comment

LOL. The extraneous commentary is a nice touch. You found the comment useful in what way? Please, do tell.

Comment

Thanks!
                      Club programs vary hugely from school to school. Some teams even have significant school funding. You should be able to obtain answers for your questions from the coach or current team members. Check the websites for contact info.

Comment

Because these people are f'ing retards. They assume that any question is a "set up" question from one of many alter egos that exist in the minds of some delusional members!
                        I recognized that a couple of the questions in the original post were hot button issues on TS, but decided to respond genuinely because it couldn't hurt to have the information out there. Club sports are a big deal on a lot of campuses and it's nice to know that club soccer is an option for those who either don't wish to play intercollegiate soccer or can't make the team.

Comment

I recognized that a couple of the questions in the original post were hot button issues on TS, but decided to respond genuinely because it couldn't hurt to have the information out there. Club sports are a big deal on a lot of campuses and it's nice to know that club soccer is an option for those who either don't wish to play intercollegiate soccer or can't make the team.
                          Exactly, and unfortunately you got caught up in the great witch-hunt!

Comment

Totally agree. I was unaware of the club option until we started looking at a lot of NE schools this year for our rising senior. Quite a few schools have different sports' teams. I think it's a great option for athletes to still play semi-competitively but don't want to make as big a commitment. Not sure how widespread it is outside of the NE where there is such a high density of close-proximity schools.

Comment

LOL. The extraneous commentary is a nice touch. You found the comment useful in what way? Please, do tell.
                              OP -- don't answer. Let the nut job rub.

Don't forget to clean. The basement is getting skanky smelling

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X