Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who does it help? Afraid there's an obvious answer - it helps GPS, NEFC, Stars and a few other large clubs that are a for-profit business first and foremost. These megaclubs control NEP, and they have managed to brand NEP/NPL/etc as "the" league in New England. By keeping smaller clubs like Valeo and others out, they attract even more players to their teams, extract more money out of their parents, and marginalize smaller clubs that in many cases provide a better experience for players.
    Valeo played in NEP the very first season of the league. They were there at the start but left after one year. Anyone know why? Looking back they probably made a mistake not to stay with the league.

Comment

My son was asked about joining the FC Blazers at the Commissioner's Cup. FO reputation killed the offer before it ever got off the ground
      Just about every boy was offered a spot on his teams by Francis at this tournament. Obviously the Blazers are struggling. A BU assistant coach, wow, big deal!!

Comment

Valeo played in NEP the very first season of the league. They were there at the start but left after one year. Anyone know why? Looking back they probably made a mistake not to stay with the league.
        Actually, they were removed by the league. I don't think they actually played any games in the league.

My son was invited to join the team the year they joined NEP but chose a different club. The email stated that they were joining NEP but when my son played in NEP that year, they were still in Maple.

Comment

Actually, they were removed by the league. I don't think they actually played any games in the league.

My son was invited to join the team the year they joined NEP but chose a different club. The email stated that they were joining NEP but when my son played in NEP that year, they were still in Maple.
          My son played them in an NEP game so they were in NEP at the start.

Comment

I stand corrected.

Comment

Just about every boy was offered a spot on his teams by Francis at this tournament. Obviously the Blazers are struggling. A BU assistant coach, wow, big deal!!
              That doesn't make sense. Their U13 team only lost one game last spring and that was to Valeo who was undefeated. That is a pretty good showing.

Did they have a big exodus?

Comment

They might have had a few teams but were not formally admitted, reason given was no girls team but obviously larger clubs did not want to be thoroughly embarressed.

Comment

They might have had a few teams but were not formally admitted, reason given was no girls team but obviously larger clubs did not want to be thoroughly embarressed.
                  Back then, I don't think the larger clubs would have been embarrassed. Valeo did not stand out 3 years ago.

So now that they have girl teams this year, are they applying to NEP?

BTW -- I heard MS was fit to be tied when they were not admitted.

Comment

it is quite a shame that FO struggles to hold it together. In my opinion, he is one of the best teachers of the game. Unfortunately, he is a bit of a control freak. He trains hard and demands quite a bit from the players. Those who are able to stick it out learn quite a bit from him.

He is one of the better coaches in the area. Ed Kelley, however, is a step above.

Comment

That doesn't make sense. Their U13 team only lost one game last spring and that was to Valeo who was undefeated. That is a pretty good showing.

Did they have a big exodus?
                      Okay, that's one team. Isn't private club soccer's business model a repeat sustainable year round revenue generating small to medium sized business? I guess they are hurting. One boy's U13 team's, one season's success will not be the deal breaker. A lot of small soccer organizations will get that periodically. Luck of the draw, realistically. I'm afraid to say, the big clubs are positioning themselves to drive the boys market here in Massachusetts and from what I've heard, expect some major affiliations with the Revolution this summer. It just makes sense, larger pools of players, better barometer of talent.

Comment

Okay, that's one team. Isn't private club soccer's business model a repeat sustainable year round revenue generating small to medium sized business? I guess they are hurting. One boy's U13 team's, one season's success will not be the deal breaker. A lot of small soccer organizations will get that periodically. Luck of the draw, realistically. I'm afraid to say, the big clubs are positioning themselves to drive the boys market here in Massachusetts and from what I've heard, expect some major affiliations with the Revolution this summer. It just makes sense, larger pools of players, better barometer of talent.
                        That is what NYRB does and so to be NYCFC will do. They will spread out their tentacles to the region's most outlying areas to find the best talent. Who can blame them? It won't be with the small clubs, but with the so called factories.

Comment

PDA is NJ not NY mate, and there are plenty of NY teams to play who are not in DAP.
                          Is there a difference mate?

Comment

Valeo will play in EDP. Simply go to EDP and look at the R1 rankings of the teams from NJ/NY in top division, much stronger than New England teams above.
                            can only start in lower level of EDP. Equal to Maple or town competitions. The travel alone will kill those teams. We're talking 4 hours round trip to play a 1 hour game. Absolutely contrary to development. What kind of a club would partake of this kind of idiocy?

Comment

seems like thyer good at having everyone kiss their b-b-butts, but doing no butt kissing in response, just a lot of asinine driving endangering youngsters. Were part of that dysfunction and have moved on. what a freak show

Comment

The league started in 2009. If you look at the schedule from the Internet Archive, Valeo is not listed.

Do you know the year your son played Valeo?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X