Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The second U12 team did great. They had to play NEFC Elite (a top 20 team nationally) and lost 0-2. Very respectable. Won 5-0, and a lost 3-4. In all, great effort for a team with 50% new players (and a few from the third team.)
    The third U12 team needed to play in a low division but there was only one for U12 11v11. They lost badly as would any third team.

The U13's were also misplaced apparently. I think the club expected better from this team. Again no B teams in the highest division to make comparisons.

Make sure you get your kid a "we went 1-2 trophy"

Comment

Make sure you get your kid a "we went 1-2 trophy"

Social question:
      Are the lives of people such as you, and others who harp on a relatively small club, so empty such that this is how you direct your energies? You have a bullying mentality, which usually generates itself from a deep seated insecurity. I assume you are a man, as most women do not post this stuff, unless it is related to girls youth soccer (some real tough moms exist) or they are hockey moms. In guessing you are a man, I might profile you as someone who may have played sports in his youth, but is now overweight and quite a bit slower. I won't guess your level of education, although I don't suspect that you attended Harvard. If one were to probe further you might not have been as successful with the women in recent years, or you are having troubles with your current one.

Please let me know how I did on profiling you. It is so much more fun posting about adults than it is trying to rip apart clubs and youth sports teams.

Comment

Social question:
        Are the lives of people such as you, and others who harp on a relatively small club, so empty such that this is how you direct your energies? You have a bullying mentality, which usually generates itself from a deep seated insecurity. I assume you are a man, as most women do not post this stuff, unless it is related to girls youth soccer (some real tough moms exist) or they are hockey moms. In guessing you are a man, I might profile you as someone who may have played sports in his youth, but is now overweight and quite a bit slower. I won't guess your level of education, although I don't suspect that you attended Harvard. If one were to probe further you might not have been as successful with the women in recent years, or you are having troubles with your current one.

Please let me know how I did on profiling you. It is so much more fun posting about adults than it is trying to rip apart clubs and youth sports teams.
        Spot on!

Comment

Social question:

Perhaps you should read your OWN message above. It has its own stereotypes, biases, sexist and mean spirited restorts. Bravo! Or Brava.

Look at yourself in the mirror before casting stones. You tried to take that high road but failed.

Also, please stop suggesting that Valeo (if that is your child's club) is a "small club" because its not. It can now boast multiple teams in several age groups, teams in both genders, and multiple affiliations, including those ex- US.

Comment

Social question:

For the record, I didn't "rip apart" anybody. I'm also not the one who thought it was a good idea to post that my kid's team did "great" while going 1-2 against other teams in their age group. You can take all the credit for that. Congrats - "great" job!

As for the profile... you're right, this is fun... male, played varsity sports on a partial scholarship through D1 college, bigger than my college days (but who isn't?). My hot athletic wife (who is incredibly the same size and shape as when she was in college) did go to an Ivy League school... and wasn't complaining the other night.
            (I'm not going to stereotype a profile about you, but feel free to make something up.)

My kid's team did pretty well this weekend and came home with an actual medal from the tournament they were in, but they didn't play "great" by any means.

Comment

For the record, I didn't "rip apart" anybody. I'm also not the one who thought it was a good idea to post that my kid's team did "great" while going 1-2 against other teams in their age group. You can take all the credit for that. Congrats - "great" job!

As for the profile... you're right, this is fun... male, played varsity sports on a partial scholarship through D1 college, bigger than my college days (but who isn't?). My hot athletic wife (who is incredibly the same size and shape as when she was in college) did go to an Ivy League school... and wasn't complaining the other night.
              (I'm not going to stereotype a profile about you, but feel free to make something up.)

My kid's team did pretty well this weekend and came home with an actual medal from the tournament they were in, but they didn't play "great" by any means.
              So ask your smart wife for some reading lessons because you can't read very well.
              The original poster did not claim they played "very respectable" and made a "great effort" which is surely true.

"They had to play NEFC Elite (a top 20 team nationally) and lost 0-2. Very respectable. Won 5-0, and a lost 3-4. In all, great effort for a team with 50% new players (and a few from the third team.)"

How many B teams in MA can play NEFC a tough game, for that matter how many A teams? If picking on these 11 year old boys is your idea of "fun" you are indeed one sick moron.

Comment

So ask your smart wife for some reading lessons because you can't read very well.
                The original poster did not claim they played "very respectable" and made a "great effort" which is surely true.

"They had to play NEFC Elite (a top 20 team nationally) and lost 0-2. Very respectable. Won 5-0, and a lost 3-4. In all, great effort for a team with 50% new players (and a few from the third team.)"

How many B teams in MA can play NEFC a tough game, for that matter how many A teams? If picking on these 11 year old boys is your idea of "fun" you are indeed one sick moron.

Oh, I can read. You can't copy/paste.

"The second U12 team did great. They had to play NEFC Elite (a top 20 team nationally) and lost 0-2. Very respectable. Won 5-0, and a lost 3-4. In all, great effort for a team with 50% new players (and a few from the third team.)"

See the six word sentence at the beginning which you omitted? That was the sentence I was commenting on. And I'm not commenting on the team, its players, which team they are from, if I like the uniform colors, what field they played on, or anybody's effort.

I chose to make a snarky comment to an adult... about what that adult said... about their kid's team's performance. By most normal metrics, they weren't "great".

What their first U12 team did in PA was, by all metrics, "great".

Comment

Oh, I can read. You can't copy/paste.

"The second U12 team did great. They had to play NEFC Elite (a top 20 team nationally) and lost 0-2. Very respectable. Won 5-0, and a lost 3-4. In all, great effort for a team with 50% new players (and a few from the third team.)"

See the six word sentence at the beginning which you omitted? That was the sentence I was commenting on. And I'm not commenting on the team, its players, which team they are from, if I like the uniform colors, what field they played on, or anybody's effort.

I chose to make a snarky comment to an adult... about what that adult said... about their kid's team's performance. By most normal metrics, they weren't "great".

What their first U12 team did in PA was, by all metrics, "great".
                  They are a B team. They did great. The scores are not the only measure of greatness. And the OP is correct. Most A teams in the state have been beaten silly by NEFC Central.

Comment

They did great

They are a B team. They did great. The scores are not the only measure of greatness. And the OP is correct. Most A teams in the state have been beaten silly by NEFC Central.
                    Here is the problem in today's youth sports world. "Great" is the wrong word here, they were everything but "great"! Be honest with yourself. Call it like it is, the kids worked hard, put in good effort, good sports, tried hard but weren't great. Not everyone achieves greatness.

Comment

Yes they did great.

Here is the problem in today's youth sports world. "Great" is the wrong word here, they were everything but "great"! Be honest with yourself. Call it like it is, the kids worked hard, put in good effort, good sports, tried hard but weren't great. Not everyone achieves greatness.
                      They had a fabulous weekend. Enjoyed their games.

You are a jerk.

Comment

My 'social question' was directed to the adult that wrote:
                        Quote:
                        'Make sure you get your kid a "we went 1-2 trophy"'
                        If you made this comment, do you really think that it sounds supportive?

So, back to my profile, you are overweight and perhaps insecure about it and the fact that your wife still looks good and you don't. My profiling had little to do with your wife, her physical appearance, or her education. But, you obviously did not go to an IVY league school. Are you also insecure about that as well? Does your wife make more money than you (actually, I wish I had a 'sugar-mama')? Just because you married the prom-queen does not mean that she is equally boasting now.

Back to the comment. Do you really think the '1-2 trophy' is a positive thing? I admit that some of the prompting for my 'social question' was generated by the negative comments toward Valeo, which is, by comparison to other large clubs, still a smaller club. The DOC is still able to know the name of every kid in the club. It hopes to build, but time will tell.

Comment

My 'social question' was directed to the adult that wrote:
                          Quote:
                          'Make sure you get your kid a "we went 1-2 trophy"'
                          If you made this comment, do you really think that it sounds supportive?

Back to the comment. Do you really think the '1-2 trophy' is a positive thing?

Yes, I think my comment directed at an ADULT who made a statement of greatness about their kid's B-level soccer team going 1-2 and almost beating somebody was appropriate. It's not "great". (It's as "great" as getting a 33% on a test but almost getting the toughest question right. Do you hang those on the fridge too?)

On the absolute other hand... if I happened to run into a KID from that team in a uniform at Dunkin Donuts and I said "Hey, how did you do?"... and he said "We played great"... I'd say "Wow, that's awesome, good job."

There's a difference - a huge difference.

Comment

Valeo should consider merging with GPS because they, as a club, will not be sustainable. Similar story line with all small clubs in Massachusetts.

Comment

Valeo should consider merging with GPS because they, as a club, will not be sustainable. Similar story line with all small clubs in Massachusetts.
                              I know, hanging on to a sole U12 winning team in a tournament is sad. Got to merge with the big boys on campus.

Comment

Yes, I think my comment directed at an ADULT who made a statement of greatness about their kid's B-level soccer team going 1-2 and almost beating somebody was appropriate. It's not "great". (It's as "great" as getting a 33% on a test but almost getting the toughest question right. Do you hang those on the fridge too?)

On the absolute other hand... if I happened to run into a KID from that team in a uniform at Dunkin Donuts and I said "Hey, how did you do?"... and he said "We played great"... I'd say "Wow, that's awesome, good job."

There's a difference - a huge difference.

'We played great' does not have to equate to a W/L record. There is also a potentially 'huge difference'. Unfortunately, many parents and coaches do equate the two and placing lots of pressure on kids. At some point (older than U11 and U12) the two realities do start to meld.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X