• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lampard to NYCFC!

Good/bad?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/so...icle-1.1878574

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He will be 37 next year when the teams comes on board. Recognizable star which helps the fan base.

Comment

He will be 37 next year when the teams comes on board. Recognizable star which helps the fan base.
      NY Cosmos 2.0

Comment

NY Cosmos 2.0
        Sort of, except NYCFC has the financial power of Manchester City and the New York Yankees combined

Comment

Sort of, except NYCFC has the financial power of Manchester City and the New York Yankees combined
          Hopefully the atmosphere will be good at Yankee Stadium. Not built for soccer

Comment

Now JK can keep telling everybody that the Revs have the leading scorer on the Honduras National Team (whatever the hell that means, since they hadn't scored a goal in the WC in 30+ years), while Lampard winds down his career for several years just 200 miles away.

Putting people in the seats and selling merchandise is for suckers.

Comment

So Saurez is probably on his way as well.
              Go back home you Cockney bastard.

Comment

A guy no one in the US has ever heard of is not going to put asses in the seats at Yankee stadium. When people figure out who he is they are going to be throwing beer and batteries at the guy.

Comment

The dude got suspended two weeks for taunting Americans post 9/11.

Two weeks suspension in the EPL must have been pretty bad. Bad dude.

Comment

A guy no one in the US has ever heard of is not going to put asses in the seats at Yankee stadium. When people figure out who he is they are going to be throwing beer and batteries at the guy.
                    What a comment. Anyone who styles themselves something of a soccer fan has "heard" of Lampard. I understand that those of low soccer IQ like yourself haven't "heard" of him but maybe you should be quiet and try to listen and learn something.

Jesus if I knew less about soccer I would know nothing yet I've watched at least a dozen games over the years with Lampard playing.

Not saying people will love him or he will fill seats. Just dealing with your idiotic comment "no one in US has heard of" change that to "I haven't heard of and since I am ignorant I will assume everyone is as ignorant as me.

This is a soccer forum. Learn a little about the game.

Comment

What a comment. Anyone who styles themselves something of a soccer fan has "heard" of Lampard. I understand that those of low soccer IQ like yourself haven't "heard" of him but maybe you should be quiet and try to listen and learn something.

Jesus if I knew less about soccer I would know nothing yet I've watched at least a dozen games over the years with Lampard playing.

Not saying people will love him or he will fill seats. Just dealing with your idiotic comment "no one in US has heard of" change that to "I haven't heard of and since I am ignorant I will assume everyone is as ignorant as me.

This is a soccer forum. Learn a little about the game.
                      I think he meant that the average American has never heard of him. I bet 95 % of American adults have no clue who he is. Kids have heard of him because of Fifa video games but he is not someone anyone would consider world class. They probably would be better bringing in a Mexican international or someone like Pirlo . Beckham is the only English players American gave two cents about because he was good looking and already famous. Lampard is about as blahh a unsalted Shepard pie

Comment

I think he meant that the average American has never heard of him. I bet 95 % of American adults have no clue who he is. Kids have heard of him because of Fifa video games but he is not someone anyone would consider world class. They probably would be better bringing in a Mexican international or someone like Pirlo . Beckham is the only English players American gave two cents about because he was good looking and already famous. Lampard is about as blahh a unsalted Shepard pie
                        Disclaimer - I never liked Lampard personally but "he is not someone anyone would consider world class"?

all-time leading scorer for Chelsea and pretty sure top 10 EPL scorers all time so obviously not world class in some arrogant American's mind

Regardless of what YOU or your pal meant the first time it's getting worse now that you are explaining yourself.

Comment

Disclaimer - I never liked Lampard personally but "he is not someone anyone would consider world class"?

all-time leading scorer for Chelsea and pretty sure top 10 EPL scorers all time so obviously not world class in some arrogant American's mind

Regardless of what YOU or your pal meant the first time it's getting worse now that you are explaining yourself.
                          Different poster. He WAS world class. No more. This is the MLS model. Pay big bucks for washed up players who are on the decline.

He is a big name, but to the other poster's point he is not a crossover name. He is not Beckham, Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. who are at least recognizable to non-soccer fans.

He is also a first class ahole due to his 9/11 taunting of Americans in London. He now denies doing it 13 years later. I hope NYers give it to him every chance they get. I would love to see him get a taste of his own medicine.

Comment

Different poster. He WAS world class. No more. This is the MLS model. Pay big bucks for washed up players who are on the decline.

He is a big name, but to the other poster's point he is not a crossover name. He is not Beckham, Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, etc. who are at least recognizable to non-soccer fans.

He is also a first class ahole due to his 9/11 taunting of Americans in London. He now denies doing it 13 years later. I hope NYers give it to him every chance they get. I would love to see him get a taste of his own medicine.
                            It's not like the kraft model of cheap players with plenty of locals is working. They look awful on the field when playing against these "washed up players on the decline" playing for other teams against whom the revs look positively inept.

A lot of anti-foreigner animus came through on earlier posts - not yours (at least not the one I am responding to) I suspect that drove all the sweeping ignorant generalizations that you and others are now rushing to qualify

Comment

The non-world class players like Keane, Henry, Cahill, Dafoe, etc...have done more to elevate the mls game than any marquee signing. Lampard will fit into that role perfectly as his style suits the mls game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X