Florida ECNL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the coaches YOUR player contacted come to see her play? Do they follow up shortly after the event? That's what matters. Coaches are there to see players on their shopping lists, players who reached out to them first. Sometimes a player may also catch their eye but generally they aren't watching your kid. If every player on two teams even had one coach each, that's a lot of coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Did the coaches YOUR player contacted come to see her play? Do they follow up shortly after the event? That's what matters. Coaches are there to see players on their shopping lists, players who reached out to them first. Sometimes a player may also catch their eye but generally they aren't watching your kid. If every player on two teams even had one coach each, that's a lot of coaches.
      For U16's, which are Freshmen and Sophomores, there is no contact until June 15 after Sophomore year. The reality with the new rules is that these showcases for U16's or younger are about generating interest for June 15.

Different story for U17/18's as they can get feedback or have direct contact immediately so the OP's comments above make more sense.

Comment

For U16's, which are Freshmen and Sophomores, there is no contact until June 15 after Sophomore year. The reality with the new rules is that these showcases for U16's or younger are about generating interest for June 15.

Different story for U17/18's as they can get feedback or have direct contact immediately so the OP's comments above make more sense.
        and with that said some of the U17's are sophomores.

Comment

For U16's, which are Freshmen and Sophomores, there is no contact until June 15 after Sophomore year. The reality with the new rules is that these showcases for U16's or younger are about generating interest for June 15th.
          My sophomore already knows which D1 schools are interested in her. There are ways for them to let you know IF they really want you.

Comment

My sophomore already knows which D1 schools are interested in her. There are ways for them to let you know IF they really want you.
            Yep...I got an inbox full if ID Camps too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice to see Boston teams do well.

...and now we wait for jerk to remind us that they play other weak opponents who shared similar regular season performance. Wait, am I the jerk?
              I guess Eddie Johnson is the jerk. He said the level of play was embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/eddie_johnson7/s...80983333187590

:)

Comment

Sure, the college coach can reach out to the club coach and say "I'm interested in Mia". The truth is prior to the rule change, the same thing happened, only a recruit could then call the coach and have an actual conversation. You don't get to have that conversation now until June 15 and neither does an intermediary.

My kid is a sophomore and has a short list of colleges from D1 to D3 that have shown interest. She knows which coaches showed up in Florida to see her play. Beyond that, it's all about June 15 as that's when the real conversations start.

Comment

Everyone always says that but my dd has actually gotten more interest after showcases from coaches she didn’t email ahead of time who happened to see her play when, I assume, they came to watch someone else. The coaches are mostly the same level as the ones she wrote to, but some higher and some lower. She’s a junior though so maybe the D1 coaches don’t bother to open emails from any player that old that they aren’t already following. I don’t blame them because they must get a thousand emails before showcases!

Comment

Everyone always says that but my dd has actually gotten more interest after showcases from coaches she didn’t email ahead of time who happened to see her play when, I assume, they came to watch someone else. The coaches are mostly the same level as the ones she wrote to, but some higher and some lower. She’s a junior though so maybe the D1 coaches don’t bother to open emails from any player that old that they aren’t already following. I don’t blame them because they must get a thousand emails before showcases!
                    My kid is having the same experience!!! Of the 8 schools that are interested in her, 7 were unsolicited-schools that were there to see other kids. It's weird bc the schools that have "talked" to her coach about her are actually higher level than the ones she was targeting. He said the stronger programs are out in force looking at Sophomores (which she is) while some of the lower level programs she reached out to, are still recruiting Juniors. I've read for years on these threads that it doesn't matter how many coaches show up, but that's not true. Now her top 5 are literally schools she would've never thought to reach out to.

Comment

Do they want to recruit her or they trying to sell her on the expensive ID clinics? How can a player tell the difference?

Comment

Do they want to recruit her or they trying to sell her on the expensive ID clinics? How can a player tell the difference?
                        Bingo.

The first time I saw something, I was like "Wow, Notre Dame viewed my kid's profile". After you get the ID Camps e-mails a few times you figure it out.

Comment

When I say 8 schools interested, I'm talking about schools that have discussed my kid with her coach expressing interest. She's gotten a bunch of those invites to ID clinics, but I feel like they cast a wide net with those to generate $$$-even the ones that are personalized with a little note.

Comment

When I say 8 schools interested, I'm talking about schools that have discussed my kid with her coach expressing interest. She's gotten a bunch of those invites to ID clinics, but I feel like they cast a wide net with those to generate $$$-even the ones that are personalized with a little note.
                            Ok. Ty. At the start of this. If they actually discussed the player with the club coach then is that a sign it is legit interest? If it is legit interest how do the Id clinics fit it? Does the player need to pay and go or they can pass in that?

Comment

Ok. Ty. At the start of this. If they actually discussed the player with the club coach then is that a sign it is legit interest? If it is legit interest how do the Id clinics fit it? Does the player need to pay and go or they can pass in that?
                              Meant pass on that. These ID event are very costly. Are they required?

Comment

continuing with the Notre Dame example... does a player have to go to a Notre Dame ID clinic to be considered or is showcase play enough?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X