Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    lol, these crazy soccer parents don't want to hear what this article is saying. Next thing you know they might start thinking a club other than DA or ENCL is just as good for their kid.

OMG what would they do if they didn't spend every waking minute trying to get their kids into the top schools and top soccer programs?
    LOL. I suppose they should spend every waking hour like you do. Extra large meat lover's for breakfast?

Comment

LOL. I suppose they should spend every waking hour like you do. Extra large meat lover's for breakfast?
      Your wife is extra large so if that is how you want to refer to her go ahead.

Comment

Your wife is extra large so if that is how you want to refer to her go ahead.
        Well, the way it's stated is she loves extra large meat, so yeah that fits...

Comment

Unfortunately that huge belly hanging out over your belt doesn't do a lot for her.

Comment

So she has told you how I spend my time, that is how you knew what I am doing all day.

Comment

Which SCHOOL is her ideal school? Ignore the soccer until that question has been answered first. Soccer can easily go away (injury, cut, burnout, no PT). If you can't picture yourself at a school without soccer it's probably not the right one.
              THIS! My d was injured last year and it was really eye opening for her how quickly it can all be taken away (ACL). She has battled back but it was a LONG 8 months.

Comment

THIS! My d was injured last year and it was really eye opening for her how quickly it can all be taken away (ACL). She has battled back but it was a LONG 8 months.
                Glad to hear she is healthy again! Best of luck to her going forward...

Comment

just my humble opinion but... I don't think kids you go to college to play soccer. they should go to school for an education. So start with education in mind. not every school is the best fit for every student. It doesn't have to be the highest academic, the most expensive the farthest away/ or closest. Visit different sized schools. maybe a small school is too small, maybe a big school is too big. then you have to consider what to have for a major. If she doesn't have any idea then maybe too much time and thought was put into soccer vs school.
                  Once a certain size, environment, and majors are decided then send to those schools. If she meets with one team and has a very good feel vs meeting with another and not liking them then that is part of her college experience and should be considered. There are enough colleges out there that you should be able to find the right fit.
                  My kid wants to play D1 soccer in College and I constantly have to say he might be better off playing D2 because he's planning on going for engineering and it might be too tough of a workload to try to meet the demands of D1 and the travel. No sense in getting bad grades.

Comment

just my humble opinion but... I don't think kids you go to college to play soccer. they should go to school for an education. So start with education in mind. not every school is the best fit for every student. It doesn't have to be the highest academic, the most expensive the farthest away/ or closest. Visit different sized schools. maybe a small school is too small, maybe a big school is too big. then you have to consider what to have for a major. If she doesn't have any idea then maybe too much time and thought was put into soccer vs school.
                    Once a certain size, environment, and majors are decided then send to those schools. If she meets with one team and has a very good feel vs meeting with another and not liking them then that is part of her college experience and should be considered. There are enough colleges out there that you should be able to find the right fit.
                    My kid wants to play D1 soccer in College and I constantly have to say he might be better off playing D2 because he's planning on going for engineering and it might be too tough of a workload to try to meet the demands of D1 and the travel. No sense in getting bad grades.
                    Agreed on all points. You mentioned your kids wants to study engineering, which is great. But before you sell the D2 option to him, for good reason, there aren't many D2 schools that offer a decent engineering program. Take a look at the current rosters too. If no one is majoring in engineering, you can use that as a piece of the puzzle.

Comment

What D2 school has a highly regarded engineering program? My kid was looking at engineering and had to look at D1 and D3 schools. Not every school has this course of study.

Comment

the best players dont have to compromise on either. Just bear that in mind. The better you are, the fewer trade offs you have to make.

Comment

the best players dont have to compromise on either. Just bear that in mind. The better you are, the fewer trade offs you have to make.
                          Player ability doesn't change travel demands, class loads/ability to keep up with work. D1 travel varies a good deal depending on conference but is generally more extensive; D2 and D3 tends to be less travel intensive. D3, however, doesn't have academic support.

Comment

What D2 school has a highly regarded engineering program? My kid was looking at engineering and had to look at D1 and D3 schools. Not every school has this course of study.
                            Not the poster - there are some STEM oriented schools in D2. There's not many and not many are highly regarded, but there's a few like CO School of Mines, FL Tech or Embry Riddle.
                            https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-socc...ion-2-colleges

Comment

Not the poster - there are some STEM oriented schools in D2. There's not many and not many are highly regarded, but there's a few like CO School of Mines, FL Tech or Embry Riddle.
                              https://www.ncsasports.org/mens-socc...ion-2-colleges
                              Good to know. Thank you.

Comment

Your post assumes the family can swallow the crazy tuition costs that are out there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X