Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 4 > Oregon

Notices

Oregon Discussions about Oregon soccer.

Old 09-11-2019
Unregistered

Default 3a girls teams

I think you are right and Catlin Gabel can win it this year. I hear OES graduated most starters from last year. Then their two best returning players are out for the season already. One through injury and one choosing not to play HS soccer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe only Caitlin Gable.
Old 09-11-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you are right and Catlin Gabel can win it this year. I hear OES graduated most starters from last year. Then their two best returning players are out for the season already. One through injury and one choosing not to play HS soccer.
Is the one choosing not to play hs, playing GDA instead?
Old 09-11-2019
Unregistered

Default 3a girls teams

I heard she doesn't like the OES program and is training on her own. Does anyone have better information?

Quote:
Is the one choosing not to play hs, playing GDA instead?
Old 09-16-2019
Unregistered

I think she is not playing during league play because the level of competition is poor. If she is getting serious looks from a top Div I team, she needs to find the best training environment and competition. The OES coach is strong, but she would only have 3-4 games worthy of competition.
Old 09-16-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I think she is not playing during league play because the level of competition is poor. If she is getting serious looks from a top Div I team, she needs to find the best training environment and competition. The OES coach is strong, but she would only have 3-4 games worthy of competition.
She will be playing D-1, and needs to train with and against solid competition in preparation for that.
Old 09-17-2019
Unregistered

Default 3a girls teams

A few new teams at the top of the rankings. I know its early and that can change quick when more games are played but are Santiam Christian and Portland Christian for real? Is it actually a big match up for them against each other tonight?

Also cool to see Cascade Christian and Riverside in the top 5. Changing of the guard at all?
Old 09-17-2019
Unregistered

No love for 4A.....

Marist Catholic, North Marion, Gladstone.

Corbett in the top 10. Woodburn just outside!!!!

Personally I'm rooting for Woodburn. They've got like 10 boys state titles and none for the girls.
Old 09-17-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
She will be playing D-1, and needs to train with and against solid competition in preparation for that.
I would’ve thought this but then why are the Thorns academy players that are going D1 playing high school soccer instead of da?
Old 09-17-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
I would’ve thought this but then why are the Thorns academy players that are going D1 playing high school soccer instead of da?
Because her HS (OES) does not have a lot of strong players to train with, and the competition does not have a lot of strong players to play/compete against.
Old 09-18-2019
Unregistered

Quote:
A few new teams at the top of the rankings. I know its early and that can change quick when more games are played but are Santiam Christian and Portland Christian for real? Is it actually a big match up for them against each other tonight?

Also cool to see Cascade Christian and Riverside in the top 5. Changing of the guard at all?
It was a really good match up. I also think PC underutilized their best player and it likely would have been a very different game with her playing an attacking /offensive roll.