Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sad for a kid that would like to play for a GDA club but can’t because they also want to play for their high school.
    So, they have to choose.

People have to make all kinds of choices in life, some of them really serious. This isn't one of them.

Comment

So, they have to choose.

People have to make all kinds of choices in life, some of them really serious. This isn't one of them.
      exactly. or you can play high school, play for match fit, and never play college. its also a choice.

Comment

So, they have to choose.

As an adult I couldn’t agree more but the mind of a teenage girl works very differently and it isn’t always an easy choice. That’s all.

Comment

As an adult I couldn’t agree more but the mind of a teenage girl works very differently and it isn’t always an easy choice. That’s all.
          It's really not.

If a young player feels that playing HS is more important than the other path provided, they choose that one. If it's not, the choose the original one.

People have to learn priorities and how to act accordingly. Some kids would like to play the piano, but they cannot find the time with their athletic activities to do so.

Not everyone gets what they want and sooner they find out, the better.

Comment

It's really not.

If a young player feels that playing HS is more important than the other path provided, they choose that one. If it's not, the choose the original one.

People have to learn priorities and how to act accordingly. Some kids would like to play the piano, but they cannot find the time with their athletic activities to do so.

Not everyone gets what they want and sooner they find out, the better.
            I agree with you but that doesn’t mean that your teen age kid can’t be sad about it. Jeez.

Comment

So, they have to choose.

False choice really. If you go HS soccer there are players out on the field with more talent and better skills then plenty of GDA (and ECNL) player out there.

They are giving up HS for not much in return plus we all have to pay for the the HS programs and I dont appreciate US soccer telling me my kid cant make use it it.

Comment

False choice really. If you go HS soccer there are players out on the field with more talent and better skills then plenty of GDA (and ECNL) player out there.

They are giving up HS for not much in return plus we all have to pay for the the HS programs and I dont appreciate US soccer telling me my kid cant make use it it.
                OK, great. Nobody is forcing your kid to give up anything. This isn't 1950's USSR here.

Want to play HS? Play for Christ' sake. Don't want to? Then don't for Christ' sake. What is the issue?

US Soccer has their reasons, I happen to believe they are sound, and if you don't want to follow them I can 100% guarantee nobody from US Soccer is showing up at your door to drag them down to the pitch.

This hand-wringing over what kids can't have is worrisome.

Comment

OK, great. Nobody is forcing your kid to give up anything. This isn't 1950's USSR here.

Want to play HS? Play for Christ' sake. Don't want to? Then don't for Christ' sake. What is the issue?

US Soccer has their reasons, I happen to believe they are sound, and if you don't want to follow them I can 100% guarantee nobody from US Soccer is showing up at your door to drag them down to the pitch.

This hand-wringing over what kids can't have is worrisome.
                  Agree to disagree. I think the rule is bad for encouraging as much talent as possible to participate in the DA program and you think it is beneficial.

Comment

Agree to disagree. I think the rule is bad for encouraging as much talent as possible to participate in the DA program and you think it is beneficial.
                    its fine as an amateur sport to keep players having fun, getting HS accolades, training 2x a week. not an issue. when you decide you want more, go and get more. play GDA, go to IMG, make it full time. but please don't confuse a fun pastime with a professional sport.

uswnt wins a bunch of soccer matches, because the rest of the world are just mainly amateur teams and as a result we dont have to try hard or seek/nurture top talent. HS is just "good enough".

Comment

They view the HS issue as a distraction from their end goal. All I hear from the crowd for reasons to play is:

1) It's fun! (I don't understand why playing HS cornered the market on fun)
                      2) OK, it's fun to play with your friends!! (I don't understand why playing with your club friends isn't fun)
                      3) OK, it's great for the social activity (I don't understand how all the kids who don't play HS soccer get all their social activity if this the case)
                      4) I remember when I played and.... (no comment needed)

There is no valid soccer developmental reason to forfeit your time to play HS. And, that's 100% OK. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. But, what you view as talent being missed, they view as someone outside their target market so they just allow you to move along.

Comment

You can always go to one of the PA ECNL clubs - they are usually begging for players!

A real question. Is it better to be one of many on a good club/team that has pretty good track record of getting kids to D1 or is it better to be on a smaller team that doesn’t have a lot of D1 commits? Food for thought.
                        Biggest fallacy in youth soccer. Put your kid on a really good team with a bloated roster and they will get noticed. Not happening if your kid is not playing. Only 18 are eligible for games. A kid has better chance on getting recruited/noticed on a smaller team with 18 or less players. They see the field more and have opportunities to impress at showcases. Coaches recruit players not brands. Good luck getting noticed by being the loudest cheerleader on the Bench!!

Comment

Biggest fallacy in youth soccer. Put your kid on a really good team with a bloated roster and they will get noticed. Not happening if your kid is not playing. Only 18 are eligible for games. A kid has better chance on getting recruited/noticed on a smaller team with 18 or less players. They see the field more and have opportunities to impress at showcases. Coaches recruit players not brands. Good luck getting noticed by being the loudest cheerleader on the Bench!!
                          "That kid without a number on her jersey really shined during the pre-game rondos"

Comment

"That kid without a number on her jersey really shined during the pre-game rondos"
                            Did you see that kid with the warmup jacket on juggle during halftime? Very impressive!!

Comment

its fine as an amateur sport to keep players having fun, getting HS accolades, training 2x a week. not an issue. when you decide you want more, go and get more. play GDA, go to IMG, make it full time. but please don't confuse a fun pastime with a professional sport.

uswnt wins a bunch of soccer matches, because the rest of the world are just mainly amateur teams and as a result we dont have to try hard or seek/nurture top talent. HS is just "good enough".
                              What a silly comment, the USWNT was winning everything when DA and ECNL did not even exist, players we’re playing HS ball and they were even multi sport athletes if you can believe that! The Mia Hamm teams would still win World Cups today! Your DA propaganda and brainwashing is just that.

Comment

What a silly comment, the USWNT was winning everything when DA and ECNL did not even exist, players we’re playing HS ball and they were even multi sport athletes if you can believe that! The Mia Hamm teams would still win World Cups today! Your DA propaganda and brainwashing is just that.
                                Not a chance those Mia Hamm teams win as much as current US teams. The world has caught up you fool.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X