X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Inflated fees. Inflated coach egos.
    GPS is a massive organization and has now swallowed up many smaller clubs.
    It is a successful business.
    How is the soccer? Given the huge range and number of teams, the quality of soccer has to vary tremendously. Like any other massive club, the top tier teams are the main focus and I would accept that thereafter will vary dramatically.

My kids have played on the top teams of other clubs. GPS has provided the best training and coaching...at least at the top tier level. It has been a great balance.

Inflated fees? No more than any of the other clubs.
    Inflated egos? Not that we have seen. Certainly less than the other two clubs.

There are plenty of reasons for someone not to like a club. It usually is that your child didn't make a team or was successful on that team. Certainly one could argue that we found more success with GPS and our kids were not thriving with the other clubs.

The only real conclusion is that there is a balance to achieve and that each child is going to be different. That reality will affect how one sees each team, coach, and club.

Comment

GPS is a massive organization and has now swallowed up many smaller clubs.
      It is a successful business.
      How is the soccer? Given the huge range and number of teams, the quality of soccer has to vary tremendously. Like any other massive club, the top tier teams are the main focus and I would accept that thereafter will vary dramatically.

My kids have played on the top teams of other clubs. GPS has provided the best training and coaching...at least at the top tier level. It has been a great balance.

Inflated fees? No more than any of the other clubs.
      Inflated egos? Not that we have seen. Certainly less than the other two clubs.

There are plenty of reasons for someone not to like a club. It usually is that your child didn't make a team or was successful on that team. Certainly one could argue that we found more success with GPS and our kids were not thriving with the other clubs.

The only real conclusion is that there is a balance to achieve and that each child is going to be different. That reality will affect how one sees each team, coach, and club.
      Thank you PB/JB

Comment

Thank you PB/JB
        Definitely another bored GPS coach! I heard Juventus took one of their top Director of Coaches and a few other coaches followed him.

Is this a result of GPS not minding their own business?

Comment

Definitely another bored GPS coach! I heard Juventus took one of their top Director of Coaches and a few other coaches followed him.

Is this a result of GPS not minding their own business?
          Or is it that GPS has excellent coaches and other clubs want to mirror their success

Comment

Our experience with GPS NPL teams was good and coaches (GM and CVW) are excellent. Some non-parent regularly trolls this site with a constant GPS is overpriced mantra. GPS costs same as any other big club. Of course mileage will vary as you move down the pyramid, same as everywhere else.

Comment

Our experience with GPS NPL teams was good and coaches (GM and CVW) are excellent. Some non-parent regularly trolls this site with a constant GPS is overpriced mantra. GPS costs same as any other big club. Of course mileage will vary as you move down the pyramid, same as everywhere else.
              😂😂😂 this is gold. Love it. Keep it up

Comment

😂😂😂 this is gold. Love it. Keep it up
                Put more simply, you have no response.

One guy, sharing one family's experience. It was good, and I named the specific folks that made it good. Team was good too (still is). Nothing is perfect and yes D did decide to leave and wanted to play ECNL (which has also been great). I have no need to fluff GPS, but yes I can keep it up and I will stick my hard truth right up ya bum

Comment

$3,600 is an awful lot of scratch for McSoccer

Comment

Put more simply, you have no response.

One guy, sharing one family's experience. It was good, and I named the specific folks that made it good. Team was good too (still is). Nothing is perfect and yes D did decide to leave and wanted to play ECNL (which has also been great). I have no need to fluff GPS, but yes I can keep it up and I will stick my hard truth right up ya bum
                    Yay. Good one Beavis

Comment

$3,600 is an awful lot of scratch for McSoccer
                      All big soccer clubs = McSoccer. You are a fool to think otherwise.

Comment

Keep paying GPS to "develop" your son so that he can lose out on that D1 scholarship to an international...
                        You're not wrong!

Comment

My kid plays ECNL... tuition is under $3K (includes 4 showcases/tournaments) and we don't buy a new uniform every year. GPS charges more for their regional teams (3600+) and uniforms need to be purchased each year. Do the math.

Comment

My kid plays ECNL... tuition is under $3K (includes 4 showcases/tournaments) and we don't buy a new uniform every year. GPS charges more for their regional teams (3600+) and uniforms need to be purchased each year. Do the math.
                            Your post implies you believe 2 things
                            1. That at the highest level of club soccer, tuition cost is a very important factor
                            2. That ECNL is a lower cost option

Is that really what you are saying?

Comment

Your post implies you believe 2 things
                              1. That at the highest level of club soccer, tuition cost is a very important factor
                              2. That ECNL is a lower cost option

Is that really what you are saying?
                              No, I'm saying that the previous poster's statement that "all" big clubs cost the same is not true.

I also feel that friends of ours who paid 3600+ for a regional GPS team that went through 3 coaches in a single year is awful--especially compared to the coaching/training that my kid is getting for less $$. The regional teams at our club are almost $1000 less than GPS and the coaching is more consistent.

Saying that GPS is overpriced for what they offer is accurate, in my opinion.

Comment

No, I'm saying that the previous poster's statement that "all" big clubs cost the same is not true.

I also feel that friends of ours who paid 3600+ for a regional GPS team that went through 3 coaches in a single year is awful--especially compared to the coaching/training that my kid is getting for less $$. The regional teams at our club are almost $1000 less than GPS and the coaching is more consistent.

Saying that GPS is overpriced for what they offer is accurate, in my opinion.
                                Sounds like you’re “asking for a friend”.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X