•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2639382]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Why'd they leave?
    Probably because there are 20 kids on the roster.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2639382]

Why'd they leave?
      One anted to be on the national team one was better at basketball and no idea about the 3rd.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2639515]

One anted to be on the national team one was better at basketball and no idea about the 3rd.
        Not even close to the truth. You literally just made that up.

Comment

Why should players run if more than 18 on a roster at U13 and up. I actually think the number should go down as you get older because players develop differently. Clubs should keep higher numbers at the younger ages and then see who actually develops. I have seen many kids get cut at U13 to be studs at U16 when they fully developed. Players should compete for playing time and we should start making soccer more competitive in training and games. This crap about everybody should play is BS. This is the problem when these kids get to college they have no idea how to handle not playing because they got to when they played club. I actually don't think players should make a team but a training pool and the best players play on x team that week. You can then adjust the cost of playing across 25 rather than 18. Most clubs start making money on teams around 15 players.

Some basic math.
          18 players at $3000 = $54,000
          25 players at $2160 = $54,000

The club still makes the same amount but parents now pay less at the early ages to find out if their child wants or can play at a higher level.

Comment

Why should players run if more than 18 on a roster at U13 and up. I actually think the number should go down as you get older because players develop differently. Clubs should keep higher numbers at the younger ages and then see who actually develops. I have seen many kids get cut at U13 to be studs at U16 when they fully developed. Players should compete for playing time and we should start making soccer more competitive in training and games. This crap about everybody should play is BS. This is the problem when these kids get to college they have no idea how to handle not playing because they got to when they played club. I actually don't think players should make a team but a training pool and the best players play on x team that week. You can then adjust the cost of playing across 25 rather than 18. Most clubs start making money on teams around 15 players.

Some basic math.

The club still makes the same amount but parents now pay less at the early ages to find out if their child wants or can play at a higher level.

Hey, look at that. The suggested DA model. Have a full time roster of minimum 16 (18 preferred) and have PT players who can't play more than 6 games. They can train with the club, but will get limited game time but can play on another team (HS, NPL, etc.).

Comment

Some basic math.

All these parents with their brilliant ideas. What would we ever do without you?

Comment

All these parents with their brilliant ideas. What would we ever do without you?
                What would you do without us? Probably sweep floors across the pond, mate!

Comment

Some basic math.

Some more basic math:
                  25 players at $3,000= $75,000

Comment

Some basic math.

Some more basic math:
                    25 players at $3,000= $75,000
                    Some more basic math:

1 + 1 = 2

Comment

I love reading this thread. I don't even have an 07 girl but find this so entertaining. Everyone bashing each other and pretending they are so great and all knowing. I wonder what the conversations would be like if you all had to use your names?
                      I'll stop back now and then for a good laugh, but in the meantime, I'm going to go watch my son's NPL team, the core of which has been together for 4 years because that's how you build a good team.
                      Please keep up the entertainment.

Comment

I love reading this thread. I don't even have an 07 girl but find this so entertaining. Everyone bashing each other and pretending they are so great and all knowing. I wonder what the conversations would be like if you all had to use your names?
                        I'll stop back now and then for a good laugh, but in the meantime, I'm going to go watch my son's NPL team, the core of which has been together for 4 years because that's how you build a good team.
                        LOL. 10 years from now you going to remember that core?

Comment

NPL sucks. Have you learned nothing from this thread?

Comment

That team stinks

Comment

Enjoy. in most other areas of the country NPL means No one Plays in this League anymore. Sounds challenging.

Comment

Great that your son has a good team, I’m interested in development. Hope he enjoys his NPL championship trophy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X