Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whatever. Her future and story has just started. Don't come back on here and try to justify your bullshQt and idiocy, about an 18 yr old. None in her future? F#ck off. You have no idea. Otherwise you would articulate her situation.
    Ok. Be sure and let us all know who she’s playing with then. I hear city league in Eugene is pretty competitive.

Comment

I had a medical condition that required some really powerful medication. Side effects caused my testicles and penis to shrink and shrivel up to almost nothing. No more testosterone. My voice is now high like a little girl. My wife left me. My kids laugh at me.

So my only outlet is posting on here criticizing young girls. Cut me some slack. My life is really sad.
      Sorry to hear that.

Comment

“I had a medical condition that required some really powerful medication. Side effects caused my testicles and penis to shrink and shrivel up to almost nothing. No more testosterone. My voice is now high like a little girl. My wife left me. My kids laugh at me.

So my only outlet is posting on here criticizing young girls. Cut me some slack. My life is really sad.”

This does not surprise me.

Comment

Ok. Be sure and let us all know who she’s playing with then. I hear city league in Eugene is pretty competitive.
          Classy

Comment

No matter what your opinion on this, it's really a nonissue at this point. No college. No pros. No meaningful games in the past 9 months and none in her future. Not worth discussing anymore, whether you think her decisions were wise or whacko.
            Then why start this thread in the first place?

Most kids with big-time soccer deeams won't make it, and should be left alone in peace when they reach the end of their road. I suspect the real target of this thread is the Thorns, and that this is the usual sniping from the usual suspects, and HC is merely collateral damage.

Comment

Then why start this thread in the first place?

Most kids with big-time soccer deeams won't make it, and should be left alone in peace when they reach the end of their road. I suspect the real target of this thread is the Thorns, and that this is the usual sniping from the usual suspects, and HC is merely collateral damage.
              Thread was started by someone who seemed to bragging about the decision to go pro.

Comment

Thread was started by someone who seemed to bragging about the decision to go pro.
                First comment in this thread simply linked to a news report indicating she had filed for the draft, along with the comment "never played in college". How you interpret that as bragging, I don't know--seems to be more along the lines of criticism.

Second comment was a question.

Third comment was an assertion that the Thorns had no interest in giving her a professional contract, and told her to play college instead.

Entire thread turned into a dogpile, roundly accusing her (and her parents, even though she's an adult) of being fools, with the Thorns being blamed for this for various reasons by a few commenters.

Comment

Definitely not a brag. It was someone wanting to stir the pot, as usual, on this forum. After people began suggesting she was getting bad advice, wasting an opportunity to play college, etc. some of us began to defend her. Because clearly there are idiots on here that cannot read, do not know her situation, make assumptions about her situation and don't understand the possible reasons that people make these kinds of decisions. 18yr olds don't need to be criticized in public forums unless they have broken laws or hurt someone. This young lady has done neither.

Comment

“I had a medical condition that required some really powerful medication. Side effects caused my testicles and penis to shrink and shrivel up to almost nothing. No more testosterone. My voice is now high like a little girl. My wife left me. My kids laugh at me.

So my only outlet is posting on here criticizing young girls. Cut me some slack. My life is really sad.”

This does not surprise me.
                    Feel sorry for you. What a sad and pathetic life.

Comment

Sad life....

Comment

First comment in this thread simply linked to a news report indicating she had filed for the draft, along with the comment "never played in college". How you interpret that as bragging, I don't know--seems to be more along the lines of criticism.

Second comment was a question.

Third comment was an assertion that the Thorns had no interest in giving her a professional contract, and told her to play college instead.

Entire thread turned into a dogpile, roundly accusing her (and her parents, even though she's an adult) of being fools, with the Thorns being blamed for this for various reasons by a few commenters.
                        I don't know on the first post - you have some folks (including at Thorns) openly promoting the professional path to the exclusion of the college path for young women. Celebrating young women that bypass or leave early the college game seems to be their current MO.

Comment

I don't know on the first post - you have some folks (including at Thorns) openly promoting the professional path to the exclusion of the college path for young women. Celebrating young women that bypass or leave early the college game seems to be their current MO.
                          Nonsense. Thorns and Timbers Academies both work on college placement for their players. College coaches would be dumb not to recruit there, and everyone involved knows that the vast majority of academy kids will not be getting a contract.

Academies give a chance at the pros, but the college path is always available, and you have to go through a lot of paydirt to find a nugget.

Comment

Nonsense. Thorns and Timbers Academies both work on college placement for their players. College coaches would be dumb not to recruit there, and everyone involved knows that the vast majority of academy kids will not be getting a contract.

Academies give a chance at the pros, but the college path is always available, and you have to go through a lot of paydirt to find a nugget.
                            Nonsense what? Thorns doc recently posted on facebook on this exact subject (bypassing college).

Comment

Nonsense what? Thorns doc recently posted on facebook on this exact subject (bypassing college).
                              Depends on the player.

If you can turn pro, it might be a better deal, depending on what schollys you can get. A full ride at UNC is probably worth more than most pro contracts. 0.1FTE at Grand Canyon College, not so much.

And most players to go through either academy won't turn pro. Only two Timbers Academy alums have first team contracts, and none yet from Thorns. It wouldn't surprise me if OM is the first, and that won't happen for 3-4 years, unless NWSL changes the rules to allow minors to play.

The academies do help with college placement as part of the deal. It isn't pros or bust.

Comment

Sad life....
                                Poor guy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X