Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt On

Ok I put my seat belt on. Ready for the magic of unicorns and farting rainbows.

Comment

Hearing Eastside wants in on the action, but who knows.

Comment

Ha !

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Hearing Eastside wants in on the action, but who knows.
        Yes, Eastside, FC, Oregon Premier all want to join a league with clubs who do not meet the club qualifications for OYSA. What sense would that make?

In the new league, (which is just the Pudget Sound Premier League extending to OR) teams have to schedule their own leagues games, referees, and fields etc... Based on the track record do you think these the clubs can actually do that ?

Good luck.

Comment

Yes, Eastside, FC, Oregon Premier all want to join a league with clubs who do not meet the club qualifications for OYSA. What sense would that make?

In the new league, (which is just the Pudget Sound Premier League extending to OR) teams have to schedule their own leagues games, referees, and fields etc... Based on the track record do you think these the clubs can actually do that ?

Good luck.
          Well you are coming at me with logic . . . maybe it is as simple as Eastside has taken steps in the last couple of years to have a good working relationship with Nike clubs and has expressed interest in discussions around improvements in leagues. Not sure that means they would be part of a break off league, but talking to Eastside about reform is alot easier then talking to others, who seem to take a hear no evil, see no evil attitude with respect to OYSA.

Comment

Good luck.
            Competition is good. Bottom line.

Comment

Better Mouse Trap

Well you are coming at me with logic . . . maybe it is as simple as Eastside has taken steps in the last couple of years to have a good working relationship with Nike clubs and has expressed interest in discussions around improvements in leagues. Not sure that means they would be part of a break off league, but talking to Eastside about reform is alot easier then talking to others, who seem to take a hear no evil, see no evil attitude with respect to OYSA.
              This new league is a short cut for clubs who do not have the infrastructure to be part of OYSA leagues. As a parent I want that over site of OYSA, I wanted boards looking over DOC's.

The clubs in this state have done the OPL and US Club OPL and where are we know, back with OYSA because it works. I even question the BECNL in WA. What improvements have they really seen with respect to league administration? It is the same old same old teams still playing each other. Still the second league to the boys DA.

Comment

This new league is a short cut for clubs who do not have the infrastructure to be part of OYSA leagues. As a parent I want that over site of OYSA, I wanted boards looking over DOC's.

The clubs in this state have done the OPL and US Club OPL and where are we know, back with OYSA because it works. I even question the BECNL in WA. What improvements have they really seen with respect to league administration? It is the same old same old teams still playing each other. Still the second league to the boys DA.
                That all may be true - other than the "back with OYSA because it works"; we are back because there are no viable alternative

Yet OYSA has plenty of issues, including the albatross of a Timbers relationship. What practical progress has OYSA made since unity to address those issues? It is still financially weak, cannot support clubs' field development or ODP relative to other states, which help subsidize each of those.

Comment

Expanding PSPL to include more Oregon teams looks a bit desperate. Just look at the nightmare of SCA dragging teams to Spokane to compete at the OYSA Div 1 level. Creating more leagues and making kids travel more isn’t the solution.

Comment

DA and ECNL are two different animals.

The DA specifically states they are building Pro players and national team players.

ECNL helps your child find the right college to play soccer at.

I have kids in both and see the benefits of both. In fact, I would lean more towards BECNL than the DA. BECNL is very organized. Both events my child went to this year were very well run.

In the end the DA is going to take a big hit. MLS clubs are done with the DA and will be building their own league. The DA will be the new dinosaur ODP model

Comment

Expanding PSPL to include more Oregon teams looks a bit desperate. Just look at the nightmare of SCA dragging teams to Spokane to compete at the OYSA Div 1 level. Creating more leagues and making kids travel more isn’t the solution.
                      Lol. Have fun on that drive to Medford.

Comment

Boards looking over the DOC's? C'mon man! It's the DOC's looking over the Boards

Comment

Boards looking over the DOC's? C'mon man! It's the DOC's looking over the Boards
                          Whole host of ex DOCS from THUSC, Eastside, and Washington Timbers who found out one way are another they had a board looking over their shoulders.

Comment

how does Oregon United Football Club fit in with next Fall’s new league?

Comment

Are they a club

how does Oregon United Football Club fit in with next Fall’s new league?
                              Is Oregon United Football Club part of La Amistad Soccer Club ?

Comment

Wow....lots of opinions. Sad to see Oregon soccer is ran and influenced by a mafia family.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X