Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mountainside has strong coaching and probably the most talented player in the state. West Linn is a good team but I don’t they will trouble Jesuit.
    I’d wager a lot of money that Jesuit averages 8 goals per game the rest of the way and concedes 2-3 garbage time goals.

Comment

I’d wager a lot of money that Jesuit averages 8 goals per game the rest of the way and concedes 2-3 garbage time goals.
      To clarify, 2-3 goals total the rest of the season.

Comment

To clarify, 2-3 goals total the rest of the season.
        We shall see won’t we. This post will be the platform to check back up on, since we all know your a Jesuit parent beating his chest.

Comment

We shall see won’t we. This post will be the platform to check back up on, since we all know your a Jesuit parent beating his chest.
          Could be a Jesuit mom beating her store bought tits

Comment

*you’re

Comment

Didn’t Salem always win State Cup back before ecnl and gda started? Why wouldn’t that same concentration of talent beat the same girls they used to beat years ago?
              Before ECNL and GDA, it was almost all FC Portland, OSSA, or
              THUSC.

Every once in a while Westside and Eastside.

Not sure what you are talking about

Comment

This post has me so confused. Are you saying Paige is gonna unleash her beast against Jesuit? In my opinion she is nothing but a ball hog seeking attention. Soccer is a team sport if your having to score 80-90% of your teams goals just to stay relevant then clearly the game is revolving around 1 kids talent and that is so sad for the rest who deserve to have the ball at their feet once in awhile too. She spoils real soccer wherever she goes because the game only revolves around her and the coaches allow it. I say for all those who don’t agree to come to the Jesuit game coming up and you’ll see. She will be out there like a one man show the whole game.
                Now I’m confused. If that’s what you think of her what about Jesuit. Against Clackamas last week when they won 8-0. They kept their star in until she scored her 6th goal and came out with 5 or 6 min left. In all sports competitive up to Pros all driven players want the ball in their hands. How is it different? It is interesting that you complain about people being a ball hog based on scores alone. Do you ever look at the non published stats like assists. You need to clearly look at the entire picture. Not what your narrow mind focuses on. Stop the jealousy.

Comment

I am completely neutral and was at the game to scout. You are obviously biased the game was very even- goalkeeper play was the difference. WL keep allowed a sloppy 1st goal in a scrum in front of the net and the second goal by MS was a good shot that the keep got her hand on but could not redirect the shot. On the other end MS goalie made a few incredible saves and was saved a couple times by the frame. in no way was it “easy”. However, neither of those teams have a sliver of a chance against Jesuit....
                  Jesuit is hands down the state champion. Go ahead and give them the trophy. Nobody stops their attack and honestly I'd be surprised if they give up any goals the rest of the year.

Mountainside, Sherwood, South Eugene, Oregon City and Beaverton will rise to the top five and whichever one is lucky enough in the bracketing, will have a shot at second place.

Has anyone paid attention over the past couple of years? Jesuit has not been tested. They won't be tested again.

Fair or not, they just are too stacked with talent at all the right positions. Heck even the JV would probably win the state if the varsity sat it out.

Comment

Jesuit is hands down the state champion. Go ahead and give them the trophy. Nobody stops their attack and honestly I'd be surprised if they give up any goals the rest of the year.

Mountainside, Sherwood, South Eugene, Oregon City and Beaverton will rise to the top five and whichever one is lucky enough in the bracketing, will have a shot at second place.

Has anyone paid attention over the past couple of years? Jesuit has not been tested. They won't be tested again.

Fair or not, they just are too stacked with talent at all the right positions. Heck even the JV would probably win the state if the varsity sat it out.
                    West Linn vs South Eugene is the match up of the week.

Comment

Barlow returns most of their starters from a deep playoff run last year. They are a dark horse contender.

Comment

I bet a lot of money that nobody takes your bet.

Comment

Before ECNL and GDA, it was almost all FC Portland, OSSA, or
                          THUSC.

Every once in a while Westside and Eastside.

Not sure what you are talking about
                          OP is talking about the 01 Salem team, which is mostly 02's, and has 8-9 players on West Salem. They have won state cup every year but two since u11.

Comment

There is the problem. Most high school teams have some good players and then they have a handful of bad players that make a lot of mistakes. Jesuit has all good players and no bad players costing turnovers and goals.

It might seem unfair, but Jesuit is a self-selecting school that attracts high level students.

Comment

OP is talking about the 01 Salem team, which is mostly 02's, and has 8-9 players on West Salem. They have won state cup every year but two since u11.
                              At this particular time, mostly the juniors and seniors are dominating the various high school teams. Due to the outstanding history of the 01/02 Salem players almost always beating all comers since u11 (and even before), I’d say they have the best shot to test Jesuit. They also have a great coach. Still think Jesuit wins handily but not by last year’s 8 plus goals.

Comment

There is the problem. Most high school teams have some good players and then they have a handful of bad players that make a lot of mistakes. Jesuit has all good players and no bad players costing turnovers and goals.

It might seem unfair, but Jesuit is a self-selecting school that attracts high level students.
                                I try to relax at high school games but it drives me crazy at how horrible some players are. I know you only get who is in your district, except UofJ, but there are a couple girls that are really bad.

High school is really more about having fun. Especially when you have recruiting schools like Jesuit. You can't compete with them if you have six good players and five bad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X