Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope, still not true...unless you're referring to "top 10" in their conference, lol. EM and Alby are lucky if they can squeak out 1 team per club that even comes close to top 10. Currently, there isn't a NYE team that ranks above 6th in their conference, most hang closer to 8 or lower. The best 6th in conference gets you is a wc.
    Problem with EM and Alby are they are a 5 minute drive from each other. With that said Alby has produced Long and Dunn and have multiple players (as does EM and WC) in National Team pools. PDA has had a hold on NJ. Curious if Cedar Stars will put a dent into that with free GDA at older groups.

Comment

Yes..and in spite of that they have at least 4 YNT players in the Club. 2 homegrown
      What club?

Comment

What club?
        World Class

Comment

Problem with EM and Alby are they are a 5 minute drive from each other. With that said Alby has produced Long and Dunn and have multiple players (as does EM and WC) in National Team pools. PDA has had a hold on NJ. Curious if Cedar Stars will put a dent into that with free GDA at older groups.
          That should certainly attract some players. PDA costs a fortune.

Comment

Random YNT Players/Pools:

U14 September 2016 https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...p-with-u15-gnt

2 PDA
            1 MF
            0 WC
            0 Alby
            0 EM

U15 https://www.ussoccer.com/us-under15-...m/roster#tab-1

0 PDA
            0 MF
            0 WC
            0 Alby
            1 EM

U16 https://www.ussoccer.com/us-under16-...m/roster#tab-1

1 PDA
            0 MF
            1 WC
            1 Alby
            1 EM

U17

2 PDA
            0 MF
            0 WC
            0 Alby
            0 EM

U18 https://www.ussoccer.com/us-under18-...t-roster#tab-1

1 PDA
            0 MF
            1 WC
            0 Alby
            0 EM

Total:

6 PDA
            1 MF
            2 WC
            1 Alby
            2 EM

I'm not seeing how LI ECNL is better .... sorry.

Comment

you are double counting some kids and missing some. Injuries.

Comment

Not sure if this is true or not but I was told that the Surf 2007 coach did not play 2 kids at all in game last weekend because she heard they were leaving. I hope this is not true. How vindictive?!

Comment

Not sure if this is true or not but I was told that the Surf 2007 coach did not play 2 kids at all in game last weekend because she heard they were leaving. I hope this is not true. How vindictive?!
                  Which is why I hate tryouts in April and May. How awful it must be to be cut or moving on while having to ride out the season at your current club.

Comment

Some coaches are just aholes and I've heard of it happening before. If true it's even worse that the kids are still quite young. Nice teachable moment coach!

Comment

College coaches are great, LOL

Comment

College coaches are great, LOL
                        Which college?

Comment

Which college?
                          Surf promotes their superiority by claiming they have college coaches.

Comment

Which college?
                            Adelphi women's team. Not cool miss

Comment

Adelphi women's team. Not cool miss
                              It is also the COO''s team. The same guy who makes sure he tells anyone who will listen how he runs the club. Conveniently he has all the tryout info about players. Feel bad for the kids. Larry has censored so many posts about this guy that were posted by his own team parents. Nice job Surf. Get rid of this guy before he ruins you.

Comment

Taking a look at NY Surf's Tryouts/Open Practice list, it appears that they have Long Island, Westchester, and "Academy" as three separate teams. Anyone know what "Academy" means?

http://www.nysurfsoccer.org/open-practice-contacts/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X