X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYCSL Pre-Academy Standings?

Anyone know for U-10 and U-11 boys?

No one should be worried about standings of ulittle teams. DA doesn't start with standings until U14 or 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      No one should be worried about standings of ulittle teams. DA doesn't start with standings until U14 or 15.
      thanks. not concerned w standings per se but with DA moving to u12 curious to see where these teams may stand next year. more interest in whether there are outliers.

Comment

You can't find standings because there aren't any. They don't list the scores, so you can't create them on your own.

Caring about wins and losses at U11 is honestly detrimental to your kids development, which is why they don't have standings.

My son is playing U13 NPL and I watch the standings carefully, but I can honestly say neither he nor a single kid on his team had looked at the standings once or could care less, which makes me happy about who my son's coach is.

Comment

You can't find standings because there aren't any. They don't list the scores, so you can't create them on your own.

Caring about wins and losses at U11 is honestly detrimental to your kids development, which is why they don't have standings.

My son is playing U13 NPL and I watch the standings carefully, but I can honestly say neither he nor a single kid on his team had looked at the standings once or could care less, which makes me happy about who my son's coach is.
          as it should be. here's a rare example of an organization doing it right

Comment

thanks. not concerned w standings per se but with DA moving to u12 curious to see where these teams may stand next year. more interest in whether there are outliers.
            Again, u little results shouldn't matter. Half the kids won't been on any of these squads by U15 and they will be replaced by kids developed outside DA. Find the best coaching you can for you player within a reasonable distance. Take it one year at a time. If you need direction on best DA options then look at the older age groups and their performance over time. Some clubs are consistently on top.

Comment

Again, u little results shouldn't matter. Half the kids won't been on any of these squads by U15 and they will be replaced by kids developed outside DA. Find the best coaching you can for you player within a reasonable distance. Take it one year at a time. If you need direction on best DA options then look at the older age groups and their performance over time. Some clubs are consistently on top.

Yes results do not matter. That being said, there seems to be a very wide gap in performance of the pre academy league teams. FSA & BWG seem to be by far the strongest teams. Oakwood seems to be the weakest. The rest in the middle. It also seems like some of the teams do two balanced teams and some definitely do A, B. So who the heck knows.

Comment

Yes results do not matter. That being said, there seems to be a very wide gap in performance of the pre academy league teams. FSA & BWG seem to be by far the strongest teams. Oakwood seems to be the weakest. The rest in the middle. It also seems like some of the teams do two balanced teams and some definitely do A, B. So who the heck knows.
                helpful color. coming from out of region and looking at programs. just one data point i know.

Comment

There's a wide gap in performance in every league you will ever see. There are single-digit point/-30 GD teams in the DA, NPL, top levels of EDP, etc.

Over the course of the season, I doubt that many U11 and U12 teams with Blue/White splits don't have A & B teams -- you might think they don't because the B team is pretty good.

Comment

i thought beachside used mixed teams not a / b

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X