Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are programs that professional photographers use to track their digital images.
    Photographers taking pictures at professional sporting events of professional athletes care / pissant clubs using the pics for marketing are stealing those images for free marketing.

If your response is, who cares, you’re demonstrating your own integrity and willful ignorance. Fact is, it’s illegal. Fact is, people might not get caught. Fact is, it’s still unethical and illegal. Pay for marketing, pay people for their work/products.
    Not only fun to be around as another poster suggested, but likely a hypocrite as well. Many things are illegal and I’m sure you’ve likely broken the law on occasion yourself. Have you ever operated a motor vehicle over a .08? Have you ever used your cellphone while driving? Have you ever exceeded the speed limit? Have you ever “gotten creative” with your tax returns? Have you ever experimented with drugs back in the day? I could go on. It must be lonely up on your mountaintop.

Comment

Not only fun to be around as another poster suggested, but likely a hypocrite as well. Many things are illegal and I’m sure you’ve likely broken the law on occasion yourself. Have you ever operated a motor vehicle over a .08? Have you ever used your cellphone while driving? Have you ever exceeded the speed limit? Have you ever “gotten creative” with your tax returns? Have you ever experimented with drugs back in the day? I could go on. It must be lonely up on your mountaintop.
      Oh, I wouldn't get so wound up about it all. Some guy with a camera took a picture. Big deal. Cameras are pretty great these days. Does the guy who took the photo really think he owns something special? Pretty much anyone with a smart phone could do the same thing, and do.

Comment

Oh, I wouldn't get so wound up about it all. Some guy with a camera took a picture. Big deal. Cameras are pretty great these days. Does the guy who took the photo really think he owns something special? Pretty much anyone with a smart phone could do the same thing, and do.
        If it the picture CFC posted about the Jamaican player it is credited. Whoever started this stupid thread is just stupid. Another poster is right - it's nearly impossible to control your image these days, and cellphones and social media play a huge role in that.

Comment

We are talking Jamaica here, not impressed, team is made up of players that couldn’t make us roster. Picking up the scraps
          she was a pretty good player here in CT-
          congrats to all the women playing for their countries in the world cup- enjoy the moment

the US mens team is made up of players that couldn't make any EURO roster - do they suck ?
          they must not impress you either

Comment

It is abuse and I'll call it out - CFC is totally abusing the issue. They are so big, no one is in control of media and you get multiple posts of their 2 or 3 "homegrown stars" (cough, vomited a bit). They need to chill and get their chit together. Example..not long ago had a player Spotlight on a 9 yr old. Nine years old, look it up. Seriously get your media act under control.
            So says the idiot. LoL

Comment

It is abuse and I'll call it out - CFC is totally abusing the issue. They are so big, no one is in control of media and you get multiple posts of their 2 or 3 "homegrown stars" (cough, vomited a bit). They need to chill and get their chit together. Example..not long ago had a player Spotlight on a 9 yr old. Nine years old, look it up. Seriously get your media act under control.
              This is about as serious an issue as FSA's parking. In other words, not at all. Any other club would promote having a player on any national team. YU brags about 8th graders getting a full ride. Clubs take credit for players they developed yet only played there one year. It's marketing. Club soccer is a business.

Comment

What is wrong with the people on this site?? If any of your kids got to even sit on the bench for a WC match it would be an accomplishment, and it should be celebrated. Doesn't matter if you think Jamaica or any other country doesn't have players. You still have to make the team.

These kids that get to play on these teams even if the country isn't the best get to experience something that almost none of your kids ever will. If offered your kid would take the same opportunity and don't think for a second you'd turn it down, because you wouldn't. Such nonsense here.

Comment

What is wrong with the people on this site?? If any of your kids got to even sit on the bench for a WC match it would be an accomplishment, and it should be celebrated. Doesn't matter if you think Jamaica or any other country doesn't have players. You still have to make the team.

These kids that get to play on these teams even if the country isn't the best get to experience something that almost none of your kids ever will. If offered your kid would take the same opportunity and don't think for a second you'd turn it down, because you wouldn't. Such nonsense here.
                  99% would agree. It's a few aholes that feel the need to denigrate the accomplishments of others. It makes them feel better about their own failures.

Comment

99% would agree. It's a few aholes that feel the need to denigrate the accomplishments of others. It makes them feel better about their own failures.
                    nonsense. that not how it goes. usually someone goes way overboard and another poster checks them. the checker gets called a hater and it goes from there.

let me ask you a question. if you were eligible for Jamaica and the USA and were a regular in the u20 WNT. if Jamaica called would you accept?

Comment

nonsense. that not how it goes. usually someone goes way overboard and another poster checks them. the checker gets called a hater and it goes from there.

let me ask you a question. if you were eligible for Jamaica and the USA and were a regular in the u20 WNT. if Jamaica called would you accept?
                      If I'm a regular with the US U20's then no, as long as not capped by the next WC, and if that would possibly be the only window to get to a WC, then can make that decision. Next step would be U23's then full NT. There would still be time, and if you're still a regular to the U23's in the next 4 years, and don't get called into the full NT as it gets closer, odds are Jamaica will still be calling.

Comment

If I'm a regular with the US U20's then no, as long as not capped by the next WC, and if that would possibly be the only window to get to a WC, then can make that decision. Next step would be U23's then full NT. There would still be time, and if you're still a regular to the U23's in the next 4 years, and don't get called into the full NT as it gets closer, odds are Jamaica will still be calling.
                        agree. so basically making Jamiaca team for some of these ladies with dual nationality is easier than making the USA U 20s. so i will rank the achievement as roughly equivalent

Comment

Who cares? Athletes do this all the time, soccer (Pulisic), Olympic teams etc. Players want to play internationally and have an opportunity to do so. It's still more than 99.999% of US athletes will ever accomplish

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X