Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEP Connecticut State Cup

AC wins 3 of 6 age groups on boys side. Great job.

Kick and run run

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Kick and run run
      clearly you did not watch any of the games.

Comment

clearly you did not watch any of the games.
        no one cares Dad

Comment

CFC won three ages -not alot of clubs there

Comment

no one cares Dad
            probably the most truthful comment of the day. truth is, you guys don't care. As long as those checks clear, nothing else matters.

Comment

if they held a state cup and no one played, would it still be a state cup?

Comment

ACC 2006 is real deal.

Comment

AC wins 3 of 6 age groups on boys side. Great job.
                  That’s great!
                  But who else could have won?
                  Oh yea, CFC.
                  They were the only two clubs entering.

What did they win? One game or was it two games to be “STATE CHAMPS”

Good luck at regionals.

Comment

hats off to both CFC & AC Conn for winning "all" age groups. What concerning is this is considered the CT cup and yet an average of 6 teams entered it. there is nearly 130 soccer clubs in CT... yes I know too many... different topic all together but why the heck not play in this 'oneand done" league play..

Where are ya Revolution United, Everton, Beachside Premier, FSA and so on...

Comment

hats off to both CFC & AC Conn for winning "all" age groups. What concerning is this is considered the CT cup and yet an average of 6 teams entered it. there is nearly 130 soccer clubs in CT... yes I know too many... different topic all together but why the heck not play in this 'oneand done" league play..

same place as OW

Comment

I guess I don’t really understand how it works with the state cups. I know there’s one for true town travel teams, which is very straightforward. But then there’s these (I’ll use U16 boys as an example):

CT State Cup - http://www.cjsareg.org/cjsacup/Brack...up/U16Boys.pdf

NEP CT State Cup - http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=16

Why is Bridgeport FC for example entered into both? Why is AC CT only entered in the NEP state cup when they don’t even play in the NEP? Bridgeport doesn’t either. Doesn’t AC play in the same league as Sporting, Rush, etc? Wouldn’t it be a little better to have all of the teams from the two brackets above play for the same cup? I don’t get it!

Comment

I guess I don’t really understand how it works with the state cups. I know there’s one for true town travel teams, which is very straightforward. But then there’s these (I’ll use U16 boys as an example):

CT State Cup - http://www.cjsareg.org/cjsacup/Brack...up/U16Boys.pdf

NEP CT State Cup - http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=16

Why is Bridgeport FC for example entered into both? Why is AC CT only entered in the NEP state cup when they don’t even play in the NEP? Bridgeport doesn’t either. Doesn’t AC play in the same league as Sporting, Rush, etc? Wouldn’t it be a little better to have all of the teams from the two brackets above play for the same cup? I don’t get it!
                          For CJSA they have to play in either EDP, or enter into the CJSA "Open League" for the NEP State Cup they have to play CCSL or NYSCL affilliate.

Some enter both to double their chance, CJSA makes the money by them having to pay to do the "open league" and money to register for the cup.

If all these people played nice together, could just have one cup with more teams instead of 2 really watered down cups.

Comment

The corruption of club soccer in connecticut.
                            Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

The corruption of club soccer in connecticut.
                              Lather, rinse, repeat.
                              No corruption. Clubs are taking advantage of what's out there to try and gain and edge. It's all above board. Yes it's dumb and it doesn't help US soccer, but it is what it is. As long as families keep paying for it the market will exist

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X