Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just was scrolling through some Surf Cup scores and saw that the PAC 04 ECNL team tied San Diego Surf 04 USSDA team. Impressive considering Surf DA is one of the top in the nation.
    PAC 04 ECNL advances to the Surf Cup semifinal over Surf 04 GDA with the tie. 2 ECNL teams, 0 GDA, and 2 teams that are neither ECNL or GDA in the 04 semifinal.

Comment

PAC 04 ECNL advances to the Surf Cup semifinal over Surf 04 GDA with the tie. 2 ECNL teams, 0 GDA, and 2 teams that are neither ECNL or GDA in the 04 semifinal.
      And Reign 04 DA doesn’t get out of their group. Yikes.

Comment

Right? A complete disaster. I mean they were ... *squints* ... 2-1 with a +3 gd, losing 2-1 to the one team that advanced from their group. Never mind.

Comment

Right? A complete disaster. I mean they were ... *squints* ... 2-1 with a +3 gd, losing 2-1 to the one team that advanced from their group. Never mind.
          Hahaha. Yea just terrible. Wow. 2-1, not advancing past the pool play winner, I mean who does that? All or nothing babyyyy! They must really suck.

Comment

Can we discuss Surf results without trashing hardworking, talented KIDS on Reign or any other team?

On that note: Reign Academy 03s also failed to advance. Crossfire 03 ECNL representing Seattle in the semi-finals today. Two or three years ago, when players were a mix of 02/03s, this Reign team was nationally ranked. Girls on that old roster are now spread among Reign and the various ECNL teams in the area, including Crossfire

Comment

ECNL/GDA head to head matchup results from Silverlakes this weekend... ECNL over GDA with a 17-12-9 record.

Digging deeper into the results, the only age group where GDA teams found success was at the U19/18. ECNL dominated GDA in the other age groups. Small sample size, but that should be troubling for GDA that the younger age groups are trending ECNL. And when you take into account that SoCal is supposed to be GDA-dominant, and the SoCal GDA teams did not perform well, things seem even worse.

Comment

Congrats to the teams doing well at Surf Cup. Before you start crowning queens of the NW and bashing Reign DA, consider this - Reign teams tend not to be deep, 14-15 players on a team. With multiple players on older teams out this weekend, many players played up. Reign 04 team was not the same team that made the final 8 of DA champs a month ago. Almost half of team at Surf was comprised of 05s. ‘03 Reign this weekend with big chunk of team ‘04s.
                4 weeks ago , no Crossfire team advanced out of group play of DA playoffs. Their 04 team did not make playoffs. Were there posters bashing these teams? No. Give ALL these girls a break and stop putting down one club and pushing forward another. There are plenty of great players in the state. Let them play, everyone else be spectators , not haters.

Comment

We should all be cheering on all our local clubs to have success in the large out of area tournaments. The better our local teams perform the better it is for all local players.

Please get over you own bias of trying to make yourself feel better for your own decision. Whatever pathway a player chooses, DA or ECNL, we should cheer them on and hope for success.

All you parents should be ashamed of yourself for putting down teenage kids for playing a game.
                  Enjoy the ride, it is a short time for most players and we should be proud of all these individuals for representing the Pacific NW.

Comment

ECNL/GDA head to head matchup results from Silverlakes this weekend... ECNL over GDA with a 17-12-9 record.

Digging deeper into the results, the only age group where GDA teams found success was at the U19/18. ECNL dominated GDA in the other age groups. Small sample size, but that should be troubling for GDA that the younger age groups are trending ECNL. And when you take into account that SoCal is supposed to be GDA-dominant, and the SoCal GDA teams did not perform well, things seem even worse.
                    Ecnl did better than GDA last year too. Both leagues can be great options and I think the ecnl & GDA teams should play each other more often. It’s a waste to not play other good & more local competition on a regular basis.

Comment

************************************************** *************************
                      The Best of The Best division for U19 girls had an all ECNL final.
                      Strikers FC ECNL (CAS) vs Crossfire ECNL (WA).

Both teams beat DA teams in the semi finals, Surf DA and So Cal Blues DA.

Crossfire ECNL U19 = Champions / Best of Best division

Comment

************************************************** *************************
                        The Best of The Best division for U19 girls had an all ECNL final.
                        Strikers FC ECNL (CAS) vs Crossfire ECNL (WA).

Both teams beat DA teams in the semi finals, Surf DA and So Cal Blues DA.

Crossfire ECNL U19 = Champions / Best of Best division
                        This has absolutely no meaning or relevance on the silly comparisons with DA and ECNL. I was there. I watched the games with Strikers versus the DA teams and Crossfire DA/ECNL. And lets face it, Crossfire isn't really ECNL... they are basically DA teams that now play ECNL. If you look at the training regiment of the Crossfire HS age players, it is not similar in any way to the way that Washington Premiere, Seattle United, and Eastside trains their ECNL teams. It's several steps beyond. And I am saying this as someone who is not a fan of Crossfire.

Strikers ECNL is ranked #2 or #3 in the nation. Now, rankings can be skewed but lets just say they are top ten. Most of the highest ranked DA teams are on the East Coast and South. In the end that doesn't matter because they were a hard team to play, doesn't matter what the letters bu their name was. Watching Strikers play, they were extremely fast, and technical enough to get the job done. They were also much bigger players. Even so, we played them to a tie game, and only last in the last 2 seconds of play due to the goalie misreading a excellent shot. So, does that mean our DA team should quit? Disband? I guess we should all pull our kids out and wait on a ECNL or RCL team slot opening so they can play soccer the right way according to these forum trolls. Maybe the Goalie should be let go because of that error?

I'm guessing no. And if you didn't see the games, you cannot have any accurate read on how the goals were scored, how one team did versus the other. As it is, many of these games were dead even until someone made an error. I can tell you that the game play has nothing to do with the letters people seem to obsess over. It comes down to the players on the teams. Apart from the letters in their club name, I see no difference in the play level of the top ECNL and DA teams. The play style is different, but we'll never know how that would shake out since these teams never play each other regularly. Those ECNL teams are very good.. Someone has to lose...I'm happy our kids almost had their number till the last second.

And what's really dumb, is that it doesn't matter. How many leagues were represented in the Best of the Best at Surf - DA, ECNL, EGSL, DPL, NPL, RSL - can anyone here really tell us the advantage of any of these? EGSL teams ripped through ECNL and ECNL composite teams at Silverlakes. NPL teams beat Washington ECNL teams at both Surf and Silverlakes, and ok, DA teams beat up on the NPL teams. California has quite a few leagues that have many teams at the same level - DA, DA2, ECNL, ECNL Composite, EGSL, NPL CRL, and a few more. Imagine this forums chest pounding with that many leagues.

The petty squabbling here on DA versus ECNL is laughable.

Comment

This has absolutely no meaning or relevance on the silly comparisons with DA and ECNL. I was there. I watched the games with Strikers versus the DA teams and Crossfire DA/ECNL. And lets face it, Crossfire isn't really ECNL... they are basically DA teams that now play ECNL.
                          Your team lost 2-0 to Marin's ECNL team. Is that Marin team not "really ECNL" as well? LOL.

Comment

Your team lost 2-0 to Marin's ECNL team. Is that Marin team not "really ECNL" as well? LOL.

Whats your point? Two very good highly ranked ECNL teams, Strikers were good (Where is it stated they are not really ECNL?) Marin's is another highly ranked team, being more difficult to play on a few hours of rest. A much more physical team and ranked 4 nationally. Maybe you should be looking at the brackets and not letting your hatred of specific clubs or obsession with leagues color your judgment. Seeing as half our team was ECNL until last May, I don't don't have a problem with ECNL teams or DA. College coaches don't care about the final score.

PacNW ECNL also had a rough patch, playing two top ranked teams, before facing lower ranked clubs and cleaning up. But I guess that means their program is lacking right?

Comment

Whats your point? Two very good highly ranked ECNL teams, Strikers were good (Where is it stated they are not really ECNL?) Marin's is another highly ranked team, being more difficult to play on a few hours of rest. A much more physical team and ranked 4 nationally. Maybe you should be looking at the brackets and not letting your hatred of specific clubs or obsession with leagues color your judgment. Seeing as half our team was ECNL until last May, I don't don't have a problem with ECNL teams or DA. College coaches don't care about the final score.

PacNW ECNL also had a rough patch, playing two top ranked teams, before facing lower ranked clubs and cleaning up. But I guess that means their program is lacking right?
                              The point is that you stated that Xfire "isn't really ECNL", which is really obnoxious. What makes a club "really ECNL"? The quality of the team/club is dependent on the coaching, infrastructure of the particular club. That's true even in GDA, no matter what anyone tells you - same clubs/coaches before they got the patch.

Comment

The point is that you stated that Xfire "isn't really ECNL", which is really obnoxious. What makes a club "really ECNL"? The quality of the team/club is dependent on the coaching, infrastructure of the particular club. That's true even in GDA, no matter what anyone tells you - same clubs/coaches before they got the patch.
                                There is nothing in my posts about a "patch" making the club. Crossfire is a unique example, and their overall performance really can't be an indicator about the health or breadth of the ECNL program versus DA as a whole, which is what people seem to be claiming. Crossfire was good as DA. They are good as ECNL. But having had my kids play for them, I'm not sure it's because they develop players up through their system, or more likely they attract good players into their system because of their reputation.

Plenty of players and coaches are leaving Crossfire, and just as many seem to be going in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X