Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nysc

Hey parents. What are/was experience with the club? And their philosophy on practices.

There are a few threads already. Experience will be different for Girls and Boys. On the boys side, they are a pathway to NYCFC and get the majority of funding, better practice times/locations. Club can be political and there is always the impression that rich parents use their money to exert influence, if you can actually believe that wealthy people would ever do such a crazy thing...

Comment

My kid has played on the girls side for a few years. The coaches are quite good though they all keep a significant distance from parents. The coaches really care about developing the team though that doesn't mean they are perfect. There is a difference between the 'A' team and 'B' team coaches especially as kids get older. There is a lot of pressure on the 'A' team kids as they are the future of the club. It intensifies each year. Kids who work hard can be promoted. My kid isn't old enough for the GDA yet so I cannot comment on the GDA. Rosters are kept small which means lots of playing time for the players even though it means we might play games with no subs.

The club is a little harder to describe. There is a lack of transparency with parents. You usually don't know who your coach is until long after you have accepted your offer for the next season. There could be a lot more communication. There is politics. Boys do get more funding and better practice times/locations. The girls sometimes seem like an afterthought. Like most clubs, there is good and there is bad. But, in general, it has been good development for my daughter.

Comment

So how does the whole A and b team work? Since the players get chosen before game time?

Comment

On the girls side they are the best option. On this side of the tapanzee, with that said they are not nearly as good as they make themselves out to be or their parents think they are. The DOC/COO is not a good guy and the majority of the coaches take themselves way to seriously, and substitute mind games for good coaching.

Comment

At most ages, you don't know which team you are on (A, B) until after you have accepted their offer for next year. There is some movement between them but not a lot. It if happens, it is usually mid way through the year after they have seen the kids play. Though in rare cases, it can happen very quickly if a player shows themselves to be exceptional. Players are sometimes added from outside mid season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              My kid has played on the girls side for a few years. The coaches are quite good though they all keep a significant distance from parents. The coaches really care about developing the team though that doesn't mean they are perfect. There is a difference between the 'A' team and 'B' team coaches especially as kids get older. There is a lot of pressure on the 'A' team kids as they are the future of the club. It intensifies each year. Kids who work hard can be promoted. My kid isn't old enough for the GDA yet so I cannot comment on the GDA. Rosters are kept small which means lots of playing time for the players even though it means we might play games with no subs.

The club is a little harder to describe. There is a lack of transparency with parents. You usually don't know who your coach is until long after you have accepted your offer for the next season. There could be a lot more communication. There is politics. Boys do get more funding and better practice times/locations. The girls sometimes seem like an afterthought. Like most clubs, there is good and there is bad. But, in general, it has been good development for my daughter.
              On the girls side older coaches are not really concerned with team development and play favorites in a way that is detrimental to the teams success. No transparency lots of mind games. Parents use their resources to secure their kids standing on teams. Lots of divas who are not nearly as good as they are being told that they are. would avoid this club if possible.

Comment

On the female side, NYSC is a shell of its former self. Everything went down-hill when FC Westchester bought the girls programming. Before that NYSC were an above average NPL club, good but not great, as we won numerous state cups, but on the national stage we sucked. The combine of the clubs has further diluted the talent. Spring for an ezpass, and go west young man, to the land of orange, and the ECNL kingdom, if you can....

Comment

How about on the boys side? Is it hard for the player to adapt to the way you practice determines what time you play on for weekend game?

Comment

Team* not time

Comment

On the girls side older coaches are not really concerned with team development and play favorites in a way that is detrimental to the teams success. No transparency lots of mind games. Parents use their resources to secure their kids standing on teams. Lots of divas who are not nearly as good as they are being told that they are. would avoid this club if possible.
                      A lot of mind games. Some kids who get preferential treatment that makes zero sense. Others get moved, benched, yelled at while other kids never get in trouble at all, for doing the same things. Always a big wall between families and the coaches that makes you feel as if you never really know what your situation is. This has been case on both boys and girls sides in our experience. Younger boys espeically crazy.

Comment

Who is going to be coaching the NYSC GDA 18-19's next year?

Comment

Who is going to be coaching the NYSC GDA 18-19's next year?
                          Is FC not coaching (current coach)? I know the team isn't doing well but she was handed a tough situation as a new coach.

Comment

Is FC not coaching (current coach)? I know the team isn't doing well but she was handed a tough situation as a new coach.
                            Word on the sidelines is that she is not.

Comment

Word on the sidelines is that she is not.
                              right back to Carlos it seems

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X