Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turmoil at Salmon Creek?

I’m hearing rumblings of turmoil and players leaving at the younger girl ages (U10-U13). Any insight on what’s happening?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m hearing rumblings of turmoil and players leaving at the younger girl ages (U10-U13). Any insight on what’s happening?
    How could you not have turmoil?

I just looked at their coaching staff. They have two coaches coaching four teams each. No one in the world Can coach four teams and do right for the players, NO ONE!

This is a train wreck that can’t be stopped.

Comment

Lovely rumor. Must be tryout season

Comment

This is rumor season, so don't take anything as 100% accurate.

I would say the poster above does have a point though. If your relying on 2 coaches to cover 7-8 teams as your selling point, especially as busy as they are, that is not a recipe for happy parents.

Comment

This is rumor season, so don't take anything as 100% accurate.

I would say the poster above does have a point though. If your relying on 2 coaches to cover 7-8 teams as your selling point, especially as busy as they are, that is not a recipe for happy parents.
          Tina is gone 4 months out of the year. Sit back, grab some popcorn and watch this show go down in flames

Comment

LOL, you all have been saying this for 10years about SC soccer. #becomingatinafan!!!

Your all crazy in the couv!!!!

Go SC soccer

Comment

This is what you say about Salmon Creek every year and every year Salmon Creek is still around.

Comment

This is what you say about Salmon Creek every year and every year Salmon Creek is still around.
                Does that say more about the way FCSC is ran that these rumors are always there, or that they are still around?

If you want to know if a club is a legit club or not ask yourself 1 question, if you took away the DOC/Assistant DOC are they still a a club worth mentioning? If you took Tina and her dad away this club absolutely falls apart. Now that does speak to the strength of that family, however, that also says the club structure is extremely fragile.

Comment

Does that say more about the way FCSC is ran that these rumors are always there, or that they are still around?

If you want to know if a club is a legit club or not ask yourself 1 question, if you took away the DOC/Assistant DOC are they still a a club worth mentioning? If you took Tina and her dad away this club absolutely falls apart. Now that does speak to the strength of that family, however, that also says the club structure is extremely fragile.
                  I don’t even know why this is a conversation. FCSC is a recreational club. I would even argue if they are even a club. It’s a place where parents volunteer to coach recreational teams with recreational players. They have two teams that are one small step above rec. The snake oils man does a great job keeping them afloat.

Comment

I don’t even know why this is a conversation. FCSC is a recreational club. I would even argue if they are even a club. It’s a place where parents volunteer to coach recreational teams with recreational players. They have two teams that are one small step above rec. The snake oils man does a great job keeping them afloat.
                    Fcsc should sue Clark County, and demand equal access to facilities on the same terms WashT gets.

Rec teams don't win state cups.

Washington Timbers is a good club, but the desire of some people there to kill off the local competition seems bizarre. If I'm a parent, I want a choice. Econ 101--monopolies are bad for consumers.

Comment

You seem to be confused ... Salmon Creek SC is a recreational program. FC Salmon Creek is their competitive club which does have several teams which can compete well in OYSA and one that is certainly regionally significant.

On the girls side, their 00s, 03s, 07s, 08s, all play in the top league in Oregon and made it to the knockout stage in state cup (00s won it). Their 09s are quite strong as well (probably top 4 in oregon currently)

On the boys side they aren't as strong, but do have a decent team at 04s, 05s, and 08s

I also agree the competition is healthy for any market! This coming from a Wa Timbers Coach, BTW ...

Comment

You seem to be confused ... Salmon Creek SC is a recreational program. FC Salmon Creek is their competitive club which does have several teams which can compete well in OYSA and one that is certainly regionally significant.

On the girls side, their 00s, 03s, 07s, 08s, all play in the top league in Oregon and made it to the knockout stage in state cup (00s won it). Their 09s are quite strong as well (probably top 4 in oregon currently)

On the boys side they aren't as strong, but do have a decent team at 04s, 05s, and 08s

I also agree the competition is healthy for any market! This coming from a Wa Timbers Coach, BTW ...
                        . . .who used to be on the FCSC payroll BTW ...

Comment

. . .who used to be on the FCSC payroll BTW ...
                          No, I never coached for them ...

Comment

Oh boy OYSA... even FC Portland had a few state cup finalist and champions. They suck in ECNL and the teams playing OYSA are C teams.

Salmon Creek 09s are quite strong. U10s... are you kidding me?

Comment

Oh boy OYSA... even FC Portland had a few state cup finalist and champions. They suck in ECNL and the teams playing OYSA are C teams.

Salmon Creek 09s are quite strong. U10s... are you kidding me?
                              Younger ECNL teams are dominating OYSA league/ State Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X