Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do clubs typically announce coaching slate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do clubs typically announce coaching slate?

When do clubs post their coaching slate for HS aged groups?

Theresa Romagnolo is a great hire to the Seattle United ECNL program.

Comment

none

All coaching slates should be posted by now.
      I recommend you watch a Theresa session before you label it a great hire. Definitely a great resume. Same with Nikki Washington hire. Hope they both do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        All coaching slates should be posted by now.
        I recommend you watch a Theresa session before you label it a great hire. Definitely a great resume. Same with Nikki Washington hire. Hope they both do well.
        Can you elaborate? Are you talking about harsh coaching?

Comment

none

Just not sure how much Theresa connects with kids or if she knows how to push and inspire kids. Definitely not too harsh. Kids seem bored. But maybe that's just her as a guest coach, not having her own team full time. There are coaches that are just better suited for college age women than kids, and vice versa. Will see. Hope she turns out to be a great hire.

Comment

Just not sure how much Theresa connects with kids or if she knows how to push and inspire kids. Definitely not too harsh. Kids seem bored. But maybe that's just her as a guest coach, not having her own team full time. There are coaches that are just better suited for college age women than kids, and vice versa. Will see. Hope she turns out to be a great hire.
            Weird comment considering she will be coaching a U17 ECNL team in their prime college recruiting years. Hardly kids. Who better qualified to prepare young women who aspire to play in college? No one can argue that she isn’t connected to college coach pipeline.

Comment

If that's the case...I can't remember the last time my kid felt inspired by her coach, sadly. The coaches she loved have all moved on and up (running clubs, national team roles)

Comment

Weird comment considering she will be coaching a U17 ECNL team in their prime college recruiting years. Hardly kids. Who better qualified to prepare young women who aspire to play in college? No one can argue that she isn’t connected to college coach pipeline.
                Never heard of her until this thread. Googled her.... WTH! Last year she resigned as the Head Coach of Notre Dame and has coached at Stanford, Dartmouth, San Diego, and now at UW. Why is she coaching a youth soccer team?

Comment

Never heard of her until this thread. Googled her.... WTH! Last year she resigned as the Head Coach of Notre Dame and has coached at Stanford, Dartmouth, San Diego, and now at UW. Why is she coaching a youth soccer team?
                  Why did she resign from Notee Dame? That is weird to have been so high up and now take such a lower position.

Comment

Why did she resign from Notee Dame? That is weird to have been so high up and now take such a lower position.
                    http://www.goseattleu.com/ViewArticl...CLID=211702825

Comment

Sounds like she wants to spend more time w her family and good for her! Coaching will be there when she is ready again. She's also an assistant huskies coach

"This has been a difficult decision for me and my family, but my personal goals are taking me down a different path at this time. With two young children it's best for me to step down as the head coach and find something that will keep me more present with the people I care most about."

Comment

Gilmore is retiring after this upcoming season. Looks a peaceful and long
                        transition period if Romagnolo (nee Wagner) takes the job. Also, She was a Husky
                        under Gilmore. SU ECNL 03 are lucky to have this experience.

Comment

She is from Washington and her husband took a job as an Associate AD for Seattle University.

People question why there are not very many female head coaches.

1. You have to be an assistant for a number of years and the pay is bad.

2. The head coaching job is good a top schools, but not great (like football) and is average at best at most programs

3. Life style of coaching and recruiting is not great for a family.

4. Is your husband willing to give up his career so you can achieve your career goals? Women are good about making sacrifices (low income, moving around, getting fired, etc..) to support their husbands, but I think most husbands would not do the same for their wife.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X