Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valor

What kind of numbers is Valor getting at tryouts?

Tryouts for the RCL clubs don’t start until May 1st and 2nd—unless you’re talking about boys high school aged tryouts.

Comment

Sounds like MRFC is looking to expand and will be a significant threat.

Comment

I know some families who played for MV. They are moving to MRFC North because of the BS leadership of Valor. The ED likes to threaten families with getting black balled if they don’t stay with the new club. The whole merger and how things are being ran initially appear to be doing shady stuff.

Comment

It’s really strange that MVP, now Valor, became the RCL club for that service area, instead of MRFC. My kid plays for an RCL club and MRFC was definitely better and appears to have a much deeper roster of players. It probably boils down to the weird alphabet soup oddities of US Club Soccer v. US Soccer weirdness but what do I know?

Comment

I imagine you are right and it came down to league “politics.” I would be willing to bet that MRFC doesn’t want to leave the PSPL to play in the RCL. Trips to Eastern WA and now North Idaho for RCL D3/4 games wouldn’t be any fun when there is suitable competition in your backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I imagine you are right and it came down to league “politics.” I would be willing to bet that MRFC doesn’t want to leave the PSPL to play in the RCL. Trips to Eastern WA and now North Idaho for RCL D3/4 games wouldn’t be any fun when there is suitable competition in your backyard.
              Isn’t MRFC in eastern wa?

Comment

The ED likes to threaten families with getting black balled if they don’t stay with the new club. The whole merger and how things are being ran initially appear to be doing shady stuff.
                Any actual proof? Or are you just a delusional MRFC parent or employee attempting to badmouth another club?

Comment

Been to the tryouts and the standard is very low for an rcl club . I can’t see them
                  Having competing teams at any level . Half of their coaches were volunteer coaches at Kent U.

Comment

Isn’t MRFC in eastern wa?
                    No. They’re Westside. Their area is Auburn, Kent, Buckley, Enumclaw etc.

They recently expanded into the Enumclaw area (calling that MRFC North, I believe). I’ve seen them at summer tournaments (two different age groups) and they were a competitive club. Valor, at least at the age level I saw) was fine. Nothing wrong with them, but MRFC seemed better and frankly deeper. They also merged with Slammers, which was a former RCL club until last year I think. That’s why I find it odd that they, MRFC, isn’t the RCL club for that service area and that Valor is. Regardless it’s a huge population area so there is room for both so long as those players in their area don’t opt to play for PacNW, Federal Way, or WPFC.

Comment

The logo's of these clubs look similar. Current Valor Director of Soccer Operations used to work for FC Colorado.

Found this while trying to decide if my kids should tryout for Valor or not. Not sure if using another clubs logo is frowned upon or not. Probably not trademarked but still a bit shady.

https://www.fccolorado.com/

https://www.valorsoccer.com/

Comment

Similar is doing "Valor" a kindness here.

Someone got a little lazy, it seems.

Comment

Wow... That has to be a faux pas action right, even if it is technically legal?

Comment

For a club claiming that "integrity" and "honor" are 2 of their 3 founding principles, no less.

Makes me wish I had Twitter, so I could ask the club to address this...

Comment

Its a logo, does not impact player experience. Who cares!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X