Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nothing personal against the 05 team. But United PDX has only been around a year, and they are fast becoming the most obnoxious club in Oregon. Which is quite an impressive accomplishment.
    Fine call him out on it, but certainly not the only club on social media celebrating successes. Picking on one team (particular on a thread about successes across all club) just seemed unnecessary.

Comment

Fine call him out on it, but certainly not the only club on social media celebrating successes. Picking on one team (particular on a thread about successes across all club) just seemed unnecessary.
      I don't mind clubs celebrating on social media--I don't go read other clubs twit feeds, so I don't care.

But BM seems to be having the most success this year with TA castoffs, ODP recruits from other clubs, and franchise clubs from places like Woodburn--not with BSC or NEU kids. It's enough to make me feel sorry for FC.

And of course the whole "United PDX South" thing is even more laughable and pathetic when you consider that BM told BSC Hood River to FOAD when the merger went down--claiming that they wanted to focus on the Portland area, and nearly killing off competitive soccer in the Columbia Gorge. Now we know the real reason--he's chasing trophies, and Hood River (despite being the home town of AV) simply lacks the talent pool to deliver one, but Woodburn has plenty of skilled soccer players.

When both the Alliance clubs and the other Nike clubs can't stand you, it's saying something....

Comment

I don't mind clubs celebrating on social media--I don't go read other clubs twit feeds, so I don't care.

But BM seems to be having the most success this year with TA castoffs, ODP recruits from other clubs, and franchise clubs from places like Woodburn--not with BSC or NEU kids. It's enough to make me feel sorry for FC.

And of course the whole "United PDX South" thing is even more laughable and pathetic when you consider that BM told BSC Hood River to FOAD when the merger went down--claiming that they wanted to focus on the Portland area, and nearly killing off competitive soccer in the Columbia Gorge. Now we know the real reason--he's chasing trophies, and Hood River (despite being the home town of AV) simply lacks the talent pool to deliver one, but Woodburn has plenty of skilled soccer players.

When both the Alliance clubs and the other Nike clubs can't stand you, it's saying something....
        This who vein makes me want to start a "the most cringe-worthy club social media posts", which I will do after Easter meal ( :

Exiting Hood River was not BM's decision - board made it a requirement of the merger, to focus on city. United supported for Hood River for a year, until they were ready to administer it themselves with their own DOC in place - they are ready now and United will be supporting their summer 3v3 tournament this summer.

United South - which deep down makes me warm inside after playing good valley teams over the years - wasn't his decision either. They came to United for administrative support, which the member services side of club provides.

Comment

This who vein makes me want to start a "the most cringe-worthy club social media posts", which I will do after Easter meal ( :

Exiting Hood River was not BM's decision - board made it a requirement of the merger, to focus on city. United supported for Hood River for a year, until they were ready to administer it themselves with their own DOC in place - they are ready now and United will be supporting their summer 3v3 tournament this summer.

United South - which deep down makes me warm inside after playing good valley teams over the years - wasn't his decision either. They came to United for administrative support, which the member services side of club provides.
          Fair enough--it's the board chasing trophies, not BM personally. Still doesn't make a good look, though.

"We want to focus on Portland"--fine.

"We want to sponsor/assist clubs in remote or low-income areas"--awesome!

"We want to exit THIS community but sponsor THIS community"--looks fishy when the community being left doesn't even compete in OYSA Premier, but the community being added makes you instant favorites in one State Cup age group, and competitive in several others.

Interestingly enough, BSC Hood River's website is still up: http://www.bscoregon.com/bschoodriver and announcing tryouts for the 2017-2018 season.

Fortunately for Gorge residents looking for competitive soccer, another local club picked up the slack when BSC left Hood River, a club which has quite a bit of experience setting up soccer leagues/teams in Eastern Oregon and which has no expectation of getting state cups out of this activity.

Comment

HS Girls

ETFC and Westside with most.

15G Wa_T
            15G PCU
            15G Eastside
            15G ETFC
            15G UPDX
            15G THUSC
            15G Westside
            15G OPFC

16G GPS
            16G Wa_T
            16G GPS
            16G THUSC
            16G FCSC
            16G OPFC
            16G ETFC
            16G UPDX

17G Eastside
            17G ETFC
            17G Wa_T
            17G Westside

18G TBD
            18G TBD

19G FCSC
            19G RV
            19G Westside
            19G ETFC

Comment

Fair enough--it's the board chasing trophies, not BM personally. Still doesn't make a good look, though.

"We want to focus on Portland"--fine.

"We want to sponsor/assist clubs in remote or low-income areas"--awesome!

"We want to exit THIS community but sponsor THIS community"--looks fishy when the community being left doesn't even compete in OYSA Premier, but the community being added makes you instant favorites in one State Cup age group, and competitive in several others.

Interestingly enough, BSC Hood River's website is still up: http://www.bscoregon.com/bschoodriver and announcing tryouts for the 2017-2018 season.

Fortunately for Gorge residents looking for competitive soccer, another local club picked up the slack when BSC left Hood River, a club which has quite a bit of experience setting up soccer leagues/teams in Eastern Oregon and which has no expectation of getting state cups out of this activity.
              Hood River is going to have a couple of select/competitive options - it is all good. Just didn't make sense for a board in Portland to be telling people in Hood River what to do. United gives around 100k in scholarships every year, not sure that it is a bad thing that those funds are being focused in the city.

Woodburn came to the member services - not the technical team initially - looking for help. That they had some really good teams was a surprise (maybe it shouldn't have been given how much talent is down there). The boys can play; but United isn't being asked to subsidize the program, only help them on the administering of their program.

One of overarching theme in the club is - we will leave to other smarter people to take over the whole state - not our thing. Will speak up if we think there is something goofy statewide, but post-merger energies are focused on Ptown. If someone wants help from our admin team that is fine, but time, energy and resources are focused on the city.

Happy Easter!

Comment

Totally agree. DOC needs to create some policies around social media behavior. If he can stop posting self-congratulatory nonsense long enough to actually do his job.
                Also looks like he counted his eggs a little early with one of his celebration posts. Probably best to wait till the final weekend of games are played in group before posting which of your teams are advancing.

Comment

So who makes decisions at the club? DOC? Executive director? Board?

Comment

Younger girls in next round, lead by FC, UPDX and Westside:

11G FC
                    11G FCSC
                    11G Westside
                    11G Wa_T

12G FC
                    12G THUSC
                    12G ETFC
                    12G UPDX
                    12G LOSC
                    12G Westside
                    12G Eastside
                    12G FCSC

13G Crossfire
                    13G UPDX
                    13G THUSC
                    13G PCU
                    13G Westside
                    13G FC
                    13G Capital
                    13G WUFC

14G UPDX
                    14G THUSC
                    14G UPDX
                    14G WUFC
                    14G SSC
                    14G RV
                    14G PCU
                    14G FC
                    Fc with a team at every age group - good job!

Comment

Also looks like he counted his eggs a little early with one of his celebration posts. Probably best to wait till the final weekend of games are played in group before posting which of your teams are advancing.
                      Ouch. That's embarrassing. Maybe his head coach can do some social media strategizing while she serves her 3 game red card suspension.

Comment

Oh boy, much ax grinding on this thread. Love it!

Comment

What is wrong with all you petty, jealous, mean people? This should be a site to share soccer info and maybe even try to share ideas on how to make our state’s soccer little world a bit better for our children. Every club celebrates their successes, every club has a coach who has gotten a red card at State at some point. Clubs have been forming, merging and closing up shop since the beginning of club soccer. Try to enjoy this time with your children. It’s over way too soon. Don’t forget that soccer is just a game and the winner of State gets to go to Boise as the winner of a league that is severely watered down. Play hard and enjoy. It’s nothing to get all bent out of shape about.

Comment

What is wrong with all you petty, jealous, mean people? This should be a site to share soccer info and maybe even try to share ideas on how to make our state’s soccer little world a bit better for our children. Every club celebrates their successes, every club has a coach who has gotten a red card at State at some point. Clubs have been forming, merging and closing up shop since the beginning of club soccer. Try to enjoy this time with your children. It’s over way too soon. Don’t forget that soccer is just a game and the winner of State gets to go to Boise as the winner of a league that is severely watered down. Play hard and enjoy. It’s nothing to get all bent out of shape about.
                            Thank you, oh wise, mature, kind person, for climbing off your pedastal long enough to correct our behavior. We will endeavor to do better.

Comment

I think that was a throwback post to last year.

Comment

So who makes decisions at the club? DOC? Executive director? Board?
                                I don't know, but it isn't talking-soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X