Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT Rush

Have heard mixed reviews for just about every club team in the state of Connecticut. Wanted my son to experience more than what in-town travel team can provide but heard that the coaching available through Rush wasn’t much better. Heard Shoreline branch was the best and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with the Club—-positive or negative. Thanks

Only branch that's decent is Wilton. Your best bet is start calling clubs in your area and ask to attend team practices now. Don't wait for cattle call tryouts. Your son and the coach will get a better sense of fit at a full practice. If you can go watch some games too and watch how the coach interacts with players, what the level of competition is, talk to parents. You want a place where he will be challenged but not struggle. Being a bench warmer is almost guaranteed to suck the love of the game right out of him.

Comment

The regional teams are very good and the coaches are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Only branch that's decent is Wilton. Your best bet is start calling clubs in your area and ask to attend team practices now. Don't wait for cattle call tryouts. Your son and the coach will get a better sense of fit at a full practice. If you can go watch some games too and watch how the coach interacts with players, what the level of competition is, talk to parents. You want a place where he will be challenged but not struggle. Being a bench warmer is almost guaranteed to suck the love of the game right out of him.
        Thank you! We have done that and have found that a glaring issue is the lack of facilities for the Central Branch that is completely inadequate and embarrassing for any club level team. While I don’t believe that you need the FSA facilities that come with the FSA pricetag, I’m really interested in the quality of coaching. My son plays year round soccer at 10 years old- his choice- not mine- and is a pretty solid midfielder and keeper. I didn’t find the coaching strong in Central at all - but was very impressed with the Shoreline branch.

Wondered if others had the same experience.

Comment

Rush is a solid club with some good coaches which makes them appealing. They have 3 branches. Wilton, Guilford and Waterbury. The first two are legit, Waterbury is run by JS and struggles. They have Regional teams similar to United at CFC. These teams are put together using best players from the various branches. They have a 2002 Boys Regional and a 2003 Girls Regional that are as good as any team in the state. Younger teams are all pretty solid. Overall, a decent club but like anywhere make sure you are getting a good coach. It can vary.

Comment

Have heard mixed reviews for just about every club team in the state of Connecticut. Wanted my son to experience more than what in-town travel team can provide but heard that the coaching available through Rush wasn’t much better. Heard Shoreline branch was the best and was wondering if anyone else had any experience with the Club—-positive or negative. Thanks
            Rush Central is a joke. Wilton branch is solid. No experience with shoreline area branch.

Comment

Rush Central is a joke. Wilton branch is solid. No experience with shoreline area branch.
              My daughter plays for CT Rush Shoreline and has been there for several years. When we decided to take her out of the town program we did some research. We were looking at SCP, FSA, and Oakwood. CFC was logistically our of the question for us. We ended up taking a chance and gave Rush a shot. It ended up being a good fit, coaching is good and it was very convenient. My daughter now is in HS and plays on a Rush team that is very strong, has a very good coach and they play in very strong college showcase events. The league is also very strong but downside is we now have to travel to Long Island and NJ. My daughter is happy and says she wants to play in college. The College Advisory Program is excellent and she is being supported through this process. I was a collegiate soccer player many years ago and I am grateful for The coaches that are helping her navigate this process, it is very different from my experience many years ago. My daughter has a stated goal to play in college and she is on track to doing it. She is a good student and I believe she will fit in at a strong DIII program. She is communicating to several coaches before and after Showcase events and has her list narrowed down. Several of her teammates as well. Most of them will end up at strong academic DIII schools. 1-2 May pursue DI but it is not clear whether they can play at that level.

Comment

What basis are you making the comment about Central? Not questioning it- but wondered what your experience was.

Comment

What basis are you making the comment about Central? Not questioning it- but wondered what your experience was.
                  interested too, our 06B team collapsed and looking for a new home in that geographic area.

Comment

interested too, our 06B team collapsed and looking for a new home in that geographic area.
                    B team talent available????
                    Sit by the phone offers are on the way

Comment

My daughter plays for CT Rush Shoreline and has been there for several years. When we decided to take her out of the town program we did some research. We were looking at SCP, FSA, and Oakwood. CFC was logistically our of the question for us. We ended up taking a chance and gave Rush a shot. It ended up being a good fit, coaching is good and it was very convenient. My daughter now is in HS and plays on a Rush team that is very strong, has a very good coach and they play in very strong college showcase events. The league is also very strong but downside is we now have to travel to Long Island and NJ. My daughter is happy and says she wants to play in college. The College Advisory Program is excellent and she is being supported through this process. I was a collegiate soccer player many years ago and I am grateful for The coaches that are helping her navigate this process, it is very different from my experience many years ago. My daughter has a stated goal to play in college and she is on track to doing it. She is a good student and I believe she will fit in at a strong DIII program. She is communicating to several coaches before and after Showcase events and has her list narrowed down. Several of her teammates as well. Most of them will end up at strong academic DIII schools. 1-2 May pursue DI but it is not clear whether they can play at that level.
                      I just need to give you credit for saying you believe she will fit into a strong D3 program instead of proclaiming D1 or bust.

Comment

my kid got full ride on soccer scholarship at D3 school

Comment

my kid got full ride on soccer scholarship at D3 school
                          except they don't offer athletic scholarships at D3...

Comment

except they don't offer athletic scholarships at D3...
                            sorry your kid didn't but my kid did

Comment

B team talent available????
                              Sit by the phone offers are on the way
                              so if a kid isn't "A" talent they shouldn't be playing? Clarify yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X