Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ECNL for Philadelphia Ukrainian National SC??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So contrary to what others have posted on this site, the ECNL may be looking for new clubs in both Central PA and around the Philadelphia area. We were told by a high-ranking member of PDA that is very involved with ECNL, that he does not think Continental FC Delco will be able to maintain the necessary stability to continue on in the ECNL. He expressed strongly that Delco is no longer a fit in the league and will be done in the near future. We were told that a new club in the Philadelphia area is being explored as the replacement. We were also told that Penn FC from Harrisburg is of interest to the ECNL. Penn FC was mentioned by name. I asked about Ukies and surprisingly he didn’t know much about the girls club. Maybe that is good, because he didn’t say no. Maybe Ukies will become the replacement for Delco.
    Don’t know about the future but at least for next season 19-20, FC Delco is still in the mix as a member club

Comment

Fc Bucks

You have to think that if FC Delco is on the chopping block then so potentially is FC Bucks. If you do a side by side comparison of the two clubs, FC Delco comes ahead in almost every respect.

Comment

You have to think that if FC Delco is on the chopping block then so potentially is FC Bucks. If you do a side by side comparison of the two clubs, FC Delco comes ahead in almost every respect.
        Except that FC Bucks was an original member, I believe. So, if FC Delco is getting cut or demoted, then FC Bucks would scoop up the players. FC Bucks used to rule the roost in that area for a long time. FC Delco has soccer history and also has a DA (not GDA).

I expect one of these clubs to combine with another one. Years ago, it was rumored that Penn Fusion and Continental (Delco) would merge. That would make sense. PF has Boys ECNL; Delco has Boys DA. PF has GDA; Delco has ECNL (for now). A club that size could feed both ECNL and GDA for the girls. OR Bucks and Delco could merge. Every year something is changing in this sport. Too hard to keep up.

Comment

So contrary to what others have posted on this site, the ECNL may be looking for new clubs in both Central PA and around the Philadelphia area. We were told by a high-ranking member of PDA that is very involved with ECNL, that he does not think Continental FC Delco will be able to maintain the necessary stability to continue on in the ECNL. He expressed strongly that Delco is no longer a fit in the league and will be done in the near future. We were told that a new club in the Philadelphia area is being explored as the replacement. We were also told that Penn FC from Harrisburg is of interest to the ECNL. Penn FC was mentioned by name. I asked about Ukies and surprisingly he didn’t know much about the girls club. Maybe that is good, because he didn’t say no. Maybe Ukies will become the replacement for Delco.
          Somebody was tired of the NJ and NY board so they decided to drop a bomb here in PA!

There is no way an ECNL / PDA board member was discussing individual clubs and ECNL plans with you unless you are also an ECNL board member. Or maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt and this conversation did happen...What was the setting? Who was the audience?

I am sure LH and/or BiO will be happy to know you are passing along information that they probably dont want out. Or more likely this conversation never took place.

Comment

Thanks for the laugh!

Comment

Except that FC Bucks was an original member, I believe. So, if FC Delco is getting cut or demoted, then FC Bucks would scoop up the players. FC Bucks used to rule the roost in that area for a long time. FC Delco has soccer history and also has a DA (not GDA).

I expect one of these clubs to combine with another one. Years ago, it was rumored that Penn Fusion and Continental (Delco) would merge. That would make sense. PF has Boys ECNL; Delco has Boys DA. PF has GDA; Delco has ECNL (for now). A club that size could feed both ECNL and GDA for the girls. OR Bucks and Delco could merge. Every year something is changing in this sport. Too hard to keep up.
              Penn Fusion and FC Delco makes sense until GDA or ECNL demands the best team plays in their league. Neither league wants the B team.

Consolidation is needed. Every other region and state seems to get this but the Philly area. The boards at these clubs need to stop proctecting the directors and their own self interests and do whats best for the kids.

Comment

FC Delco has left the Downingtown area (PF turf). Their teams will only practice/play in Conshy, which is a smart move in my opinion. I bet they have stronger teams in a couple years.

I spoke with one of the Uki coaches a few months ago and he said they were desperately trying to get in the ECNL. Their teams are good enough- more power to them. Personally I think any closed league like ECNL is bound to fail.. The standings are so lopsided- same clubs at the top and bottom for each age group. You need pro/rel to sustain a competitive environment.

Comment

The standings are so lopsided- same clubs at the top and bottom for each age group. You need pro/rel to sustain a competitive environment.
                  Welcome to GDA. It's that way there too. Maybe Delco and Ukies will merge. Or Bucks and Ukies.

Comment

Welcome to GDA. It's that way there too. Maybe Delco and Ukies will merge. Or Bucks and Ukies.
                    Stranger things have happened. Could be good for either club.

Comment

What other ways could Ukies get an ECNL badge? Should they try for a GDA badge instead? Just putting out ideas.

Comment

What other ways could Ukies get an ECNL badge? Should they try for a GDA badge instead? Just putting out ideas.
                        Ukies could get into the ECNL by first playing in the ECNL-R and doing well. And no, right now none of their 11v11 teams would be able to conpete n the ECNL.

They are 1 turf field away from truly being able to support GDA.

Comment

The Philadelphia Union pretty much run Continental FC Delco. Nothing is done at the club without the blessing of the Union. This is one of the many reasons the girls programs is on the verge of collapse at Delco. Penn Fusion and Delco cannot merge, if one wants to keep GDA or the other stay in the ECNL. All in, or all out, there is no choice. Penn Fusion doesn't need Delco. FC Bucks has the soccer history in girls soccer, Delco never made an impact.

Comment

The Philadelphia Union pretty much run Continental FC Delco. Nothing is done at the club without the blessing of the Union. This is one of the many reasons the girls programs is on the verge of collapse at Delco. Penn Fusion and Delco cannot merge, if one wants to keep GDA or the other stay in the ECNL. All in, or all out, there is no choice. Penn Fusion doesn't need Delco. FC Bucks has the soccer history in girls soccer, Delco never made an impact.
                            No impact in girls' soccer history, Delco? It was the destination place for girls soccer prior to ECNL. It has history just not recent history.

Comment

So blame the Union for bringing in the Hawks' guys to oversee the girls' ECNL program? It gave zero help to the girls side. Shame. Unlike yourself I remember when Delco was the place to play even for girls. And, it was Delco not Continental then.

Comment

So blame the Union for bringing in the Hawks' guys to oversee the girls' ECNL program? It gave zero help to the girls side. Shame. Unlike yourself I remember when Delco was the place to play even for girls. And, it was Delco not Continental then.
                                Penn Fusion are the best club and the only positive thing happening in girls soccer right now and FC Bucks and PA Strikers have the history, not sure where Delco fits, certainly no better than any other Philly area soccer club back in the day. The Union call the shots for the boys DA at Delco, and that is good for Delco, or else they would fold. Without West-Mont and Spirit, it's back to the old Delco girls program, which was ready to fold before the merger with West-Mont and Spirit. Delco is back to the old problem of not having a feeder program for the girls and it shows. As long as the boys program has the Union supporting it's all is good! The girls have no support, no feeder system and no future.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X