Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I knew a family whose daughter was at MF (and may still be, not sure because we lost touch). They seemed satisfied with the experience, but apparently MF looked down upon the kid going to training outside of the club (eg. Red Bulls or other similar programs). I always thought that was weird.
    I never understood that, clubs should thank outside training programs whether it be Red Bulls or A-Game or other for helping make their kids better. Such an odd position.

Comment

I never understood that, clubs should thank outside training programs whether it be Red Bulls or A-Game or other for helping make their kids better. Such an odd position.
      I suppose there is always the danger that a coach from these other training programs might try to poach players to another team/club. But yeah, I would think that would scare more players away from MF than it does retain the players they have.

Comment

I suppose there is always the danger that a coach from these other training programs might try to poach players to another team/club. But yeah, I would think that would scare more players away from MF than it does retain the players they have.
        Unfortunately this is not just a MF restriction, there are other clubs that ban outside training. Paranoid coaches and owners don’t make for pleasant circumstances. If a club offers a player what they need, they shouldn’t worry about a kid leaving. The focus should be on development and its clear that all anyone cares about is keeping their cash cows.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not just a MF restriction, there are other clubs that ban outside training. Paranoid coaches and owners don’t make for pleasant circumstances. If a club offers a player what they need, they shouldn’t worry about a kid leaving. The focus should be on development and its clear that all anyone cares about is keeping their cash cows.
          I am not sure if its a total MATCHFIT thing or just a coach by coach situation. I have seen kids from Matchfit training with other coaches outside of Matchfit and in different training environments. I can assume if you get permission from your coach to do additional training outside your club with another coach from another club I don't see them having a problem. I have done it with my older daughter and I do it now with my younger and our club doesn't have a probably with it because we are fully open and have no motive or agenda. When some people are trying to test the waters and look elsewhere is where I believe coaches have the problem. I don't blame them either because if you are open with your coaches as a parent then what you do shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Stay away from Matchfit especially at younger ages. They dont develop kids. Any of the older teams that do well is because they recruit kids in. Just last month they brought in 8 kids to fill their 06ECNL team. What reputable club needs to bring in 8 kids midyear? There is now 26 kids on their roster. What about the kids that were already on that team? They dont care. Dom Bucci who runs the whole thing is just an arrogant, self serving, A-hole.

Comment

Stay away from Matchfit especially at younger ages. They dont develop kids. Any of the older teams that do well is because they recruit kids in. Just last month they brought in 8 kids to fill their 06ECNL team. What reputable club needs to bring in 8 kids midyear? There is now 26 kids on their roster. What about the kids that were already on that team? They dont care. Dom Bucci who runs the whole thing is just an arrogant, self serving, A-hole.
              Wow...8 kids! That is a lot. Lots of clubs bring on 1-2 kids mid-season, but 8, that is crazy. Without the 8, the team seems like it was already full at 18 on the roster. Did all of these kids come from the same club or different places? Are these kids that much better than the current kids on the team or are they there just to make the club $. And what happens next year, they can't possibly carry a roster that large. Some kids will never see any PT.

Comment

Wow...8 kids! That is a lot. Lots of clubs bring on 1-2 kids mid-season, but 8, that is crazy. Without the 8, the team seems like it was already full at 18 on the roster. Did all of these kids come from the same club or different places? Are these kids that much better than the current kids on the team or are they there just to make the club $. And what happens next year, they can't possibly carry a roster that large. Some kids will never see any PT.
                Ease up buddy, but maybe is it that your kid is at the bottom of that list and will not see playing time or as much. Maybe your kid is not at this level yet and needs more time to develop more. No problem with the kids they brought in. They are at the level and above most of the girls that are currently on the team. Kids will only get better if they are force to compete everyday for their spots. No worries the cream will always rise to the top.

Comment

Ease up buddy, but maybe is it that your kid is at the bottom of that list and will not see playing time or as much. Maybe your kid is not at this level yet and needs more time to develop more. No problem with the kids they brought in. They are at the level and above most of the girls that are currently on the team. Kids will only get better if they are force to compete everyday for their spots. No worries the cream will always rise to the top.
                  LOL. Not part of that mess. Yes the kids that were brought in are all pretty much better than what they had there. Most came from CSA Bergen. But again what does it say for the club? If they were developing and recruiting the right talent at the younger ages they shouldn't have to bring in 8 kids mid year. 1 or 2 I get. And the reason they were even able to get so many from CSA is because they were a mess and those families were desperate to get out

Comment

LOL. Not part of that mess. Yes the kids that were brought in are all pretty much better than what they had there. Most came from CSA Bergen. But again what does it say for the club? If they were developing and recruiting the right talent at the younger ages they shouldn't have to bring in 8 kids mid year. 1 or 2 I get. And the reason they were even able to get so many from CSA is because they were a mess and those families were desperate to get out
                    CSA Bergen? Didn't they just get DA status? Another dumpster fire burning away....

Comment

CSA Bergen? Didn't they just get DA status? Another dumpster fire burning away....
                      Yes they did. 06 team decimated. Was a good team though. Now I can't imagine them competing at any level

Comment

Well that's simple they just followed the coach over to Matchfit. Nothing wrong with that and lets be honest all clubs bring in plays.........IF THEY FEEL they can help their team win games. Nothing against it.....is it right......NO.....but when you sign that line and give your money you are at the mercy of the beholder.

Comment

Well that's simple they just followed the coach over to Matchfit. Nothing wrong with that and lets be honest all clubs bring in plays.........IF THEY FEEL they can help their team win games. Nothing against it.....is it right......NO.....but when you sign that line and give your money you are at the mercy of the beholder.
                          CSA coaches did not go to Matchfit. Meredith Rooney was brought in to coach the coach of 06 team. She was not affiliated with CSA or any big club but she is by far the best thing to happen to Matchfit. She is a good trainer. Yes she recruited some of those girls.

Comment

CSA coaches did not go to Matchfit. Meredith Rooney was brought in to coach the coach of 06 team. She was not affiliated with CSA or any big club but she is by far the best thing to happen to Matchfit. She is a good trainer. Yes she recruited some of those girls.
                            Okay call me dumb but when I said follow the coach I was talking about Dominic Bucci. I have no clue who Meredith Rooney is. Is she a college coach or does she coached or coached at another club locally.

Comment

Okay call me dumb but when I said follow the coach I was talking about Dominic Bucci. I have no clue who Meredith Rooney is. Is she a college coach or does she coached or coached at another club locally.
                              I don't know Meredith's whole history but believe mainly she has done technical training for different groups. Most notably PDP. I don't think she has coached for any big clubs

Comment

I don't know Meredith's whole history but believe mainly she has done technical training for different groups. Most notably PDP. I don't think she has coached for any big clubs
                                Well that's great. I know Bucci's plate is pretty full and to have someone else come in that I assume they trust can do the job that they do or better would be a very nice look for their club

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X