Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts > Mass TS REGISTERED

Notices

Mass TS REGISTERED You asked for it, only registered users. All registrations MUST be approved and no duplicates will be allowed.

Old 07-10-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Gee dya think? She has scored 15 out of 24 goals and then 3 of the remaining 9 were scored by SR from UConn. SM is a beast for them but really this speaks of an extremely unbalanced attack. Both SM and SR had a single assist (I wonder if it was for each other). What are the other players doing - standing and watching? I guess you can't fault them for holding onto the ball if no one else is capable.

http://www.bostonbreakerssoccer.com/...d/index_E.html
20 goals scored but only 7 assists total?
Old 07-10-2013
Unregistered

It's tought to gel in a short summer season with players in and out due to work and vacation but it appears the Breakers may not be a cohesive team and are relying on creating turnovers with one v one situations to create offense. Against the better teams in WPSL they haven't scored many goals. They were 0-1-1 against the Mutiny and didnt score a goal in either game. The loss was 5-0 which I witnessed and it wasn't pretty.
Old 07-10-2013
Unregistered

I just looked at the rosters and results of the four local teams and am scratching my head, first that the Aztecs aren't in post season games and than some of the results. I know that players may not be available for all games, but still there are some really odd results considering these rosters..
Old 07-10-2013
Unregistered

Not sure what your suggesting but I saw the breakers play the mutiny and the mutiny were by far the more talented team at every position. The back four were exceptional and SM was frustrated very early and wasn't a factor. Looking at the results it's pretty clear to me that there were two weak seacoast teams and four very good teams.
Old 07-11-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure what your suggesting but I saw the breakers play the mutiny and the mutiny were by far the more talented team at every position. The back four were exceptional and SM was frustrated very early and wasn't a factor. Looking at the results it's pretty clear to me that there were two weak seacoast teams and four very good teams.
The Seacoast Mariners lost 4 of their game by just one goal, so are not that far behind. This is a summer league and players drift in and out of the teams which is why most rosters were quite large. Well done to all the teams that played some entertaining soccer and best of luck to both MA teams in the playoff games.
Old 07-11-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
The Seacoast Mariners lost 4 of their game by just one goal, so are not that far behind. This is a summer league and players drift in and out of the teams which is why most rosters were quite large. Well done to all the teams that played some entertaining soccer and best of luck to both MA teams in the playoff games.
Good quality soccer. But I do find the inclusion of the "P" in the league name to be a little odd.
Old 07-14-2013
Unregistered

Mutiny advance 1-0 over Syracuse and Breakers lose 3-1 to Empire Revs. Good Luck to Mutiny today in Buffalo! Gatorade POY Andrews is now rostered with Mutiny for the run to the championship.
Old 07-14-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Gatorade POY Andrews is now rostered with Mutiny for the run to the championship.
Which is weird since she played for Aztec during the regular season.
Old 07-14-2013
Unregistered

But she played for Mutiny the previous year. Is this allowed?
Old 07-15-2013
Unregistered

Her being rostered must have been ok'd by the league. Mutiny continues to impress with two shutouts this past weekend against two quality teams. Big test next weekend at ASA Charge in the East regional Final.