Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts > Mass TS REGISTERED

Notices

Mass TS REGISTERED You asked for it, only registered users. All registrations MUST be approved and no duplicates will be allowed.

Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I guess that is good and I am sure they did some studies but I would think that many teams that play in Norfolk indoor sessions will be playing in Taunton now. Many of the brackets in the past have been small, who wants to pay 1500 bucks to play the same 3 teams for 10-12 games.
You seldom if ever saw teams from the taunton area at Norfolk. Most of those towns went to Bridgewater or down to Fall River. This is really going to put the South Coast region of NEFC on the map and will likely hurt clubs like Black Watch, Blackhawks, Noreaster, Nova, Tidal Wave and all of the Rhode Island teams that draw players from those surrounding areas.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
You seldom if ever saw teams from the taunton area at Norfolk. Most of those towns went to Bridgewater or down to Fall River. This is really going to put the South Coast region of NEFC on the map and will likely hurt clubs like Black Watch, Blackhawks, Noreaster, Nova, Tidal Wave and all of the Rhode Island teams that draw players from those surrounding areas.
Like I said I am sure they did a study, my teams have played Norton and Mansfield for years at the Norfolk location. Many times Mansfield would be two of the teams in a section. I don't disagree with what you are saying though about how it will affect various mom & pops in the area; it is just an observation of mine about a few towns that could play in Taunton with a shorter drive. I hope it works out for them and alleviates the horrendous parking situation at Norfolk.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
I guess that is good and I am sure they did some studies but I would think that many teams that play in Norfolk indoor sessions will be playing in Taunton now. Many of the brackets in the past have been small, who wants to pay 1500 bucks to play the same 3 teams for 10-12 games.
They run the best facilities in new england and I am glad they are expanding more towards the south shore area as we badly need facilities like this in our area. My son's club is looking forward to this. Will relieve some of the demand for Norfolk where they often have over 10 teams in a bracket.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Many of these clubs already use forekicks including nefc, so should help, not hurt them.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Forekicks III will charge $200 per hour to rent their fields, maybe even more, because that is what they charge at the other facilities. You have to be a club with high fees to really take advantage of that. See MPS and NEFC as examples.

Most of the other clubs referenced don't charge those fees, and might have trouble really taking advantage of it.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Forekicks III will charge $200 per hour to rent their fields, maybe even more, because that is what they charge at the other facilities. You have to be a club with high fees to really take advantage of that. See MPS and NEFC as examples.

Most of the other clubs referenced don't charge those fees, and might have trouble really taking advantage of it.
Exactly. Look at their Marlboro facility. It is empty half of the time. It is mostly just MPS and NEFC in there plus the school right next to them I guess puts in a lot of money. I am actually shocked that they could open another one. The guy must be loaded.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Your speaking outside of your knowledgebase if you think this place will not prosper. As an investor in similar venues, I can tell you the population demographics of this location align themselves to possibly making this the most successful of the three. Sorry to say gang, but Soccer will not be the only date in this facility. Hoops will be a major contributor (if you need evidence of the need, take a ride by Mass Premier Courts in Foxboro ANY day of the week...it's Standing Room Only).

I get that many of you are sour on NEFC...that's not the primary driver here.
I wish I had my $$$ in this deal !
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:

Time for some of those parents to get a real wake up call about what is going on with youth soccer. The cost is spiraling out of control. The days of some dad putting a club together so their kids can play soccer are over. First class coaching and facilities cost money. Parents are shelling out big dollars at more than NEFC and MPS. They are not even the most expensive clubs.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Your speaking outside of your knowledgebase if you think this place will not prosper. As an investor in similar venues, I can tell you the population demographics of this location align themselves to possibly making this the most successful of the three. Sorry to say gang, but Soccer will not be the only date in this facility. Hoops will be a major contributor (if you need evidence of the need, take a ride by Mass Premier Courts in Foxboro ANY day of the week...it's Standing Room Only).

I get that many of you are sour on NEFC...that's not the primary driver here.
I wish I had my $$$ in this deal !
Only Fred is pissed off with NEFC. The rest have job applications in with them.
Old 10-10-2012
Unregistered

where was this announced?