Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That ain’t all they will be spreading at out of state u big party school. Way to send your kid to a different states university where you pay out of state tuition. But hey, they probably have a football team that plays in front of 20k idiots every Friday in the fall. Great reason to go there.
    A little myopic there dude. There are top universities across the U.S. College and early adulthood is a great time to live in and explore other parts of the country. People can always return home later if they want. Right now more people are moving out of the state than in because of the high cost of living, taxes and companies leaving.

Comment

You must have missed the last ten years or so. That used to be the case for both SHU and QU but not anymore. Both schools have exploded in terms of academic and campus offerings. As far Soccer goes, kids want to be comfortable and although going away sounds great in theory, when push comes to shove, they rarely do. If your kid is different, I suspect it might be to get away from you.
      Offerings yes but they are still considered regional schools. Both have good programs for certain things but both are also very expensive for what you get (if not an athlete getting some $ to play).

Only an insecure person would be concerned about their kids wanting to go to school more than an hour away.

Comment

Offerings yes but they are still considered regional schools. Both have good programs for certain things but both are also very expensive for what you get (if not an athlete getting some $ to play).

Only an insecure person would be concerned about their kids wanting to go to school more than an hour away.
        That doesn’t even make sense. I would love to have my kids close to home in order to see them but I also want them to be happy. Wherever they decide is fine by me. I think you have missed the point. There are good options in CT for those that want to stay close. My reference to your kids wanting to go far away was simply a reference to you sounding like a pompous a**. Thinking about it, it would probably be good for your kids to go away to school to get away from that. You sound like a tool.

Comment

Question Man Responds

I should clarify my post. I meant no CT kid should stay home for any school but Yale. Call bs all you want. My kid is playing D1 in the Fall. She and most of her friends didn't even apply to any CT schools. The state's too small. Kids want to get away. If I was a D1 player, and certainly Gatorade POY, i wouldn't go to Sacred Heart. It's a commuter school for CT residents.
          Does anyone here really care what you think or what you'd do?

Isn't her life to do as she wishes and to set goals as she sees fit?

Who are you to criticize that choice? Do you have to walk around in her moccasins?

Comment

That doesn’t even make sense. I would love to have my kids close to home in order to see them but I also want them to be happy. Wherever they decide is fine by me. I think you have missed the point. There are good options in CT for those that want to stay close. My reference to your kids wanting to go far away was simply a reference to you sounding like a pompous a**. Thinking about it, it would probably be good for your kids to go away to school to get away from that. You sound like a tool.
            Look in the mirror buddy

Comment

Look in the mirror buddy
              Just did. No tool. Just Brad Pitt looking back at me.

Comment

I heard Yankee finally died. Sure took them long enough.

Comment

I heard Yankee finally died. Sure took them long enough.
                  had practice last night- tons of kids and looked good
                  but thanks for the concern

Comment

had practice last night- tons of kids and looked good
                    but thanks for the concern
                    Not true, practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays, and most of the good players left to CFC Arsenal, CFC United, and Revolution united. Also, Yankee is registering teams to the CJSA town travel league and still charging $2800. They are now a Yankee In House Recreational Soccer Program.

Only 3 teams in EDP, they won't be able to make the EDP club standards. In other words, Yankee is dead.
                    I feel sorry for the few good families there, but they should run now that the can. I would rather lose the $500 deposit that pay $2800 for nothing

Comment

Not true, practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays, and most of the good players left to CFC Arsenal, CFC United, and Revolution united. Also, Yankee is registering teams to the CJSA town travel league and still charging $2800. They are now a Yankee In House Recreational Soccer Program.

Only 3 teams in EDP, they won't be able to make the EDP club standards. In other words, Yankee is dead.
                      I feel sorry for the few good families there, but they should run now that the can. I would rather lose the $500 deposit that pay $2800 for nothing
                      What's left of their only decent team graduates this year. Some of those 02/03s that they always raved about won't even be playing in college.

Stick a fork in Yankee, they're done.

Comment

ok ,i didnt see what i saw- you know better
                        what was i thinking

Comment

What's left of their only decent team graduates this year. Some of those 02/03s that they always raved about won't even be playing in college.

Stick a fork in Yankee, they're done.
                          really? which ones?

Comment

Yankee hasn't had a good team since the 99s.

Comment

really? which ones?
                              only aholes call kids out on an anonymous forum

Comment

only aholes call kids out on an anonymous forum
                                everyone on that team with aspirations to play already has or will be done with offers very soon- that team got a lot of exposure and a couple of early commits

which is the new NCAA timeline

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X