Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have to call out this obvious selfie from David. Best instructor? Ha.
    Yes, I got suckered into couple lessons with the master of balls here.
    My naive thinking was hey that guy has students. How bad could it be?
    He preys on ulittle parents limited knowledge and charges max prices.
    His drills are so old and out of date. Better to find youtube videos than this clown.

Best trainer I found exposes this fraud as a know nothing clown.
    My kid even said David is a clown compared the trainer we used.
    Alas, this trainer doesn't do privates anymore. Best person ever.
    Go watch his master lessons at Robinswood. Same crap. Over and over again.
    Bellevue parks should ban him as a child predator of bullcrap.
    He doesn't coach just trains. Makes living suckering parents.
    But I blame the idiot parents not knowing any better. Sad.
    Opinion from a “knowledable parent” who obviously is upset their kid can’t master “basic drills”. Who’s your master coach so we can unmask them as a complete tool and fraud? Hard to beat results when he has several students that were recently drafted into the Women Sounders. You bring into to training what you have. You obviously have a big chip on your shoulder and a lot of baggage.

Comment

Privates

My daughter is a goal keeper and has done privates on and off over her time in youth soccer. Some of the trainers have been poor and we stopped going after a session. Others have been great. The biggest thing is you can’t expect the trainer to fix drive or desire. If your kid is lazy, that is not the trainers fault. If your kid does not have world class speed they will likely never have world class speed. However, a good trainer can optimize your kids ability if the kid is willing to put in the work. Finally, don’t expect going to a private here or there will make up for never touching the ball outside of practice. If you expect your kid to put the time in doing their homework, why don’t you expect them to put in 20-30 minutes a day getting touches on the ball? Skills don’t develop over night and you always have room to keep learning. Foot skill development etc does not stop at U-13.

Comment

My daughter is a goal keeper and has done privates on and off over her time in youth soccer. Some of the trainers have been poor and we stopped going after a session. Others have been great. The biggest thing is you can’t expect the trainer to fix drive or desire. If your kid is lazy, that is not the trainers fault. If your kid does not have world class speed they will likely never have world class speed. However, a good trainer can optimize your kids ability if the kid is willing to put in the work. Finally, don’t expect going to a private here or there will make up for never touching the ball outside of practice. If you expect your kid to put the time in doing their homework, why don’t you expect them to put in 20-30 minutes a day getting touches on the ball? Skills don’t develop over night and you always have room to keep learning. Foot skill development etc does not stop at U-13.
        That’s sound advise . All though I don’t think highly of the majority of these coaches a goalkeeping coach is certainly one that adds a lot of value . If In a team environment your kids are not getting enough touches of the ball at practise you really should be having a word with the coach of your kids team . Coaches are like anyone else they can become lazy and complacent and start to put on drills that are easy to do and takes up value practise time so they can get home with as little effort as possible . I have been to a practise session for my daughters team where the whole session was to pass and follow the ball in a square of cones ! 1and a half hours of nothing and then they wonder why they never get match for or competitive . If your kid is practising 3 times a week and still needs extra coaching there is something very wrong with the club/team they are playing at .

Comment

I have to call out this obvious selfie from David. Best instructor? Ha.
          Yes, I got suckered into couple lessons with the master of balls here.
          My naive thinking was hey that guy has students. How bad could it be?
          He preys on ulittle parents limited knowledge and charges max prices.
          His drills are so old and out of date. Better to find youtube videos than this clown.

Best trainer I found exposes this fraud as a know nothing clown.
          My kid even said David is a clown compared the trainer we used.
          Alas, this trainer doesn't do privates anymore. Best person ever.
          Go watch his master lessons at Robinswood. Same crap. Over and over again.

You're an idot!! Sounds like David dropped your kid because they didnt show him they wanted to improve. We trained everything from beast mode, to private training with reign players, the schmetzers, etc and David Witrell had easily the best impact on our kid and took them from a struggling player on a b team to a Da player to now on the national team for the age group. No coach put as much effort as he has into our kid. He came to games, text updates on what to focus on in practices and what professional players to focus on watching to help our kid learn the position the play. Absolutely A plus in his private training and the confidence he instilled into our kid. The footwork and skilled moves just became natural in games to our kid.

Comment

Played with David on the national championship team at spu in 83. The dude is legit! Ask reign academy, xfire, sounders and Eastside fC directors what they think of him.

And if he is so crappy and parents are just blowing their money on him than why does he have so many parents that played at very high levels I'm their playing days now go to David for private training for their kids? Because they know what a real trainer looks like.

Comment

Played with David on the national championship team at spu in 83. The dude is legit! Ask reign academy, xfire, sounders and Eastside fC directors what they think of him.

And if he is so crappy and parents are just blowing their money on him than why does he have so many parents that played at very high levels I'm their playing days now go to David for private training for their kids? Because they know what a real trainer looks like.
              What’s his cost ?

Comment

Sessions of 4 are $320. The initial session is free. He will also give you drills you can work on at home which are awesome. We really like the extra effort of coming to watch our kid play and all the extra things he gives to work on in our club sessions.

Comment

Private coaching

That’s sound advise . All though I don’t think highly of the majority of these coaches a goalkeeping coach is certainly one that adds a lot of value . If In a team environment your kids are not getting enough touches of the ball at practise you really should be having a word with the coach of your kids team . Coaches are like anyone else they can become lazy and complacent and start to put on drills that are easy to do and takes up value practise time so they can get home with as little effort as possible . I have been to a practise session for my daughters team where the whole session was to pass and follow the ball in a square of cones ! 1and a half hours of nothing and then they wonder why they never get match for or competitive . If your kid is practising 3 times a week and still needs extra coaching there is something very wrong with the club/team they are playing at .
                  I disagree that something is wrong with the club if you are training three times a week and still need extra. Private coaches can fine tune things for a kid that maybe their coach is not focusing on. As you get older, practices focus more on team play, not in individual skill building. It is hard to take time to focus just on your kid when there is a squad of 18 players to manage. Every kid can benefit from increasing their soccer skills. That being said, do your homework. Some coaches are just taking peoples money. Some are excellent. Programs like Coever are great when your kid is younger. Have not done Toca but have heard positive things. The biggest thing is don’t expect your kid to learn drive and progress beyond their max potential. A great coach can get the best out of your player but if your kids best is playing on the b team be okay with that. Finally, if your club puts no emphasis on footskills early on in your kids soccer playing, yes get the heck out of there. We stayed at a club out of “loyalty” way to long. It stunted her progression for awhile but she was able to catch up after moving clubs.

Comment

You sound like another average coach trying to justify your worth . Get over YOURself
                    You really are an idiot aren’t you? A) I’m not a coach. B) This post offers no value outside of a misguided attempt at insulting someone.

Comment

I have to call out this obvious selfie from David. Best instructor? Same crap. Over and over again.
                      I love how this thread is a grand takedown of your vulgar, ill conceived post. Many of us have something to bring to this forum from our collective experiences of watching our kids climb the ladder of youth soccer in this state.. You my friend should bring silence.

Our experience with David - Helped with going from an A team to ECNL and then DA. Now he’s helping make connections for college. He will come to your games and watch players on his own time, and provides direct feedback for free. His drills build muscle memory and confidence on the ball to the point your not thinking about it.

Comment

You really are an idiot aren’t you? A) I’m not a coach. B) This post offers no value outside of a misguided attempt at insulting someone.
                        You sound like an aggrieved useless coach that’s been called out for the very little value you show . Get a real job .

Comment

You sound like an aggrieved useless coach that’s been called out for the very little value you show . Get a real job .
                          Idiot. I have a “real” job that doesn’t involve coaching soccer. Not my fault you and, what I can assume, is your borderline Club are threatened by kids trying to make themselves better by practicing more...

Comment

Idiot. I have a “real” job that doesn’t involve coaching soccer. Not my fault you and, what I can assume, is your borderline Club are threatened by kids trying to make themselves better by practicing more...
                            No one could be this rattled 😂 dude you are sounding rather pathetic . Stop stealing a living and get a real job .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X