Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oregon Soccer

Is it just me or is this Portland Timber's thing bothering anybody else?
    Taking the Oregon soccer and just ruining it and even the Big team can't figure them selfs out.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is it just me or is this Portland Timber's thing bothering anybody else?
    Taking the Oregon soccer and just ruining it and even the Big team can't figure them selfs out.
    Ruined way before they were involved.

Comment

Ruined way before they were involved.
      They are not helping.

Comment

Solution

GW Out and MP Out.

Comment

GW out. MP gave us MLS. He stays.

Comment

Timbers didn't ruin OR soccer. It trying to help and hasn't found the right solutions yet.

If a mechanic tries to work on a broken car and can't fix it, does it mean that mechanic broke the car originally? Just means that mechanic either had no right trying to fix the car, or the job was more complicated than he expected.

Comment

gw out

GW is the guy that broke the car in the first place before he was the GM with with Timbers now he just continues to ruin it.

GW out

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;832724]Timbers didn't ruin OR soccer. It trying to help and hasn't found the right solutions yet.

If a mechanic tries to work on a broken car and can't fix it, does it mean that mechanic broke the car originally? Just means that mechanic either had no right trying to fix the car, or the job was more complicated than he expected.[/QUOTE

Timbers have no right to try and fix it. I would rather have a mechanic

Comment

Fixing Oregon Soccer .....

moved from other thread ....

Originally Posted by Unregistered
                  I can't tell you the answer to that, because it is different in every club. If everyone decides it is a direction worth going then they need to loo at their present situation and figure out who are the adults who are screwing things up, and then have the courage to get rid of them.

I believe in many cases these individuals think we all support their circus antics. If we get the egos and politics under control at the club level, it should push upstream to the state level as well.

Does that help more?

I hear what you're saying and certainly this would move the needle in the right direction.
                  Personally I think it's a lack of leadership and vision at the top. Clubs and DOCs are far too myopic. They have their little world to deal with. Get them all together (OPL) and you have a collection of inlisted men and no General. "Tail wagging the dog" comes to mind.
                  The DOCs don't have the skill set to lead a dynamic organization. They are soccer coaches plain and simple. They should be used only for input on "technical soccer matters" and should not be left to run an organization. An anology would be like putting the mechanics in charge of running the auto dealership. Not good.

First Step:
                  There is so much bad blood between OYSA / OPL I think we need to create a new Oregon State Soccer Federation with a hired Executive Director. The Executive Director needs to be a seasoned and experienced youth soccer executive with the vision and leadership skills to re-tool OR Soccer.

Comment

Timbers didn't ruin OR soccer. It trying to help and hasn't found the right solutions yet.

If a mechanic tries to work on a broken car and can't fix it, does it mean that mechanic broke the car originally? Just means that mechanic either had no right trying to fix the car, or the job was more complicated than he expected.
                    5 years later - time to give up on the mechanic.

Comment

GW out. MP gave us MLS. He stays.
                      MLS is rec level compared to the rest of the world.

Comment

Are you expecting to give you English Premier League instead?

Comment

Are you expecting to give you English Premier League instead?
                          Never had to be best in the world to have my support.

However, once they started squeezing every last cent out of youth soccer and driving minor leagues out of business, stopped having my support. Struggles of USMNT haven't helped either.

Comment

MLS is decidedly worse than the top half-dozen European leagues (EPL, La Liga, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A, etc), and it's still lower quality than Liga MX. Not sure about the top leagues in Brazil or Argentina--lots of soccer talent from those places, but a lot lower pay.

It's probably better than most second-division European leagues, possibly excepting the English Championship. It's almost certainly better nowadays than any pro league in Asia, Oceania, or Africa, though the Chinese SuperLeague is getting good quickly due to its free-spending ways, despite the lack of domestic talent.

In other words--probably in the top ten, definitely in the top dozen, definitely not in the top six.

Lots of room to improve. But probably not accurate to call it "rec to the rest of the world".

Comment

How exactly are the Timbers ruining it? So they have come in and are doing something different and having more impact in it, but oregon soccer wasn't exactly in great shape prior to them taking over either.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X