Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many threads do you need for a low-level tournament? Why is NEFC pushing this so hard?
    Tell me the high-level soccer tournament your kid will be attending? This should be good....

Comment

This will be our D's first really cold game. We purchased cold gear under armour which had a pretty good review. We plan on a skull cap & gloves as well. What are the thoughts about proper gear for games like these. Is the one layer under her uniform enough or should she double up?
      A pair of baseball spikes would be where I'd start.

Comment

How many threads do you need for a low-level tournament? Why is NEFC pushing this so hard?
        Just a curious parent trying to make weekend plans. No agenda, not everything is agenda driven here. Low level or not, kids are playing and parents will be driving

Comment

Low level ,who can guess the club this pompous azhat plays for .Clues are; presumptuous,arrogant ,rude .

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Just a curious parent trying to make weekend plans. No agenda, not everything is agenda driven here. Low level or not, kids are playing and parents will be driving
            This is true. The preseason tournaments are always fun. I have to admit, though, that three threads on the same subject is a bit much, low level or not.

Comment

Because they make a ton of money, silly.

Comment

Tell me the high-level soccer tournament your kid will be attending? This should be good....
                Jefferson Cup. Thanks for asking.

Comment

My experience is that the players are fine, maybe just make sure she has a jacket on the sideline if she doesn't play the whole game. It's us parents who need double layers!
                  This. Winter jacket for the sidelines and warm up bottoms for pre and post match. Under Armor top at least (my D won't wear anything on her legs when she plays). Lightweight beanie or headband to cover the ears and lightweight gloves for the hands. Cleats regardless of the field, as turfs don't work as well on wet turf fields. I'd bring multiple socks to change between games and maybe pickup some hand and foot warmers. It's easier to take things off as conditions warrant than play through being cold/wet.

Comment

Jefferson Cup. Thanks for asking.
                    I love how these SSS folk love to diss on the local tournaments, as if they don’t have a bunch of teams in them too. Good for you, that some of your top teams are going to a bigger tournament, so are most of the other clubs higher teams (including ours). You guys are no different, except that maybe your snotty attitude Is more insufferable. I hope I don’t run into you on the sidelines down there.

Comment

I love how these SSS folk love to diss on the local tournaments, as if they don’t have a bunch of teams in them too. Good for you, that some of your top teams are going to a bigger tournament, so are most of the other clubs higher teams (including ours). You guys are no different, except that maybe your snotty attitude Is more insufferable. I hope I don’t run into you on the sidelines down there.
                      Not with SSS (LL seems a bit unhinged, no?) Nothing wrong with local tourneys, but I agree with the poster that 3 threads asking the same question regarding a local tourney where the majority of top teams in the region are not participating seems to be over the top.

Comment

Which SSS teams are playing at Jeff Cup?

Comment

Which SSS teams are playing at Jeff Cup?
                          Girls Showcase:

https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=61043

Girls Weekend:

https://www.gotsport.com/asp/directo...?eventid=61042

Comment

This is true. The preseason tournaments are always fun. I have to admit, though, that three threads on the same subject is a bit much, low level or not.
                            Maybe fun for the wallets of event organizers. Aside from that these March tournaments in New England make less than zero sense as they tell you nothing about where your team is at makes players very susceptible to injury.

Use the money that would be spent to rent nice indoor fields to practice on for a weekend and hire limo's to drive the players and parents back and forth so the parents can still get in all the drinking that they normally would during a weekend tournament.

Comment

Maybe fun for the wallets of event organizers. Aside from that these March tournaments in New England make less than zero sense as they tell you nothing about where your team is at makes players very susceptible to injury.

Use the money that would be spent to rent nice indoor fields to practice on for a weekend and hire limo's to drive the players and parents back and forth so the parents can still get in all the drinking that they normally would during a weekend tournament.
                              Screw indoor. Cannot stand it.

Kids are cooped up and need to get out. It "means" nothing, but from a pure enjoyment perspective our team is begging to get onto a big field and enjoy the game.

Comment

Jeff Cup is a stronger, better, more worthwhile tournament, and, as a bonus, you're less likely to freeze your nuts off.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X