Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Notice how they're trashing the only saving grace to their failed rec club on the other thread. Trashing the 14 yo son of the owner and the hand that feeds them.

Like no one will know they're the ones throwing shade - but why all of a sudden
    Seriously, get another hobby. Nobody is on your side.

Comment

The Revs thread has the most replies all time on TS. Now that the season is here it's amassing new posts at an incredible rate. I bet it reaches over 10,000 posts before it is done. What a marketing fiasco.

Comment

Where'v you been

The Revs thread has the most replies all time on TS. Now that the season is here it's amassing new posts at an incredible rate. I bet it reaches over 10,000 posts before it is done. What a marketing fiasco.
        Not a Revs thread. Fake news. Its the failed rec club newton united third thread.

Comment

Notice how they're trashing the only saving grace to their failed rec club on the other thread. Trashing the 14 yo son of the owner and the hand that feeds them.

Like no one will know they're the ones throwing shade - but why all of a sudden
          He's not alone Toots. Nobody likes your crazy, sleazy and self-absorbed family. Nobody.

Comment

Not a Revs thread. Fake news. Its the failed rec club newton united third thread.
            I'll just leave these examples right here for you. There are thousands more like them on that thread.

The Revs are not a priority for Kraft so that permeates the entire organization. Revs DA has been pretty mediocre for some time now but without a coaching shake up nothing will change.
            Look at the size of the u18 roster. Revs only care about boys good enough to play up.
            Yes true but at the Revs, the soccer stinks and there's not enough training so the prep school training would be advantageous
            Not the OP but if you're not playing much at the Revs I'd bail. Lots of other good clubs out there. Find one with coaches that want to develop your player.
            Have you seen a Rev academy game lately? Nobody wants to play like that. Nobody.
            The U13 and U14 teams both have issues and, though for different reasons, their midfields are a mess. Maybe this a general Revs approach especially when you have a college coach coaching the future of US soccer.
            If the Revs planned to develop each player to his highest potential, then it would be the place to be. If you are one of the very very few that they think will be pro, you might improve enough to have a chance. If not, there is no way in hell that the training they provide will even keep players up with other academies. If your kid is sitting or even playing a 'role' position, know that this is it. It will not get better. The coaches will not notice you. If playing a role gets you on a college team down the road, great! But remember who your competition is. Scouts swarm FC Dallas games. The Revs, not so much. It's too bad because the Revs are sitting on slot of talent.
            Revs ain't all that, even for the anointed ones. Compare what they've turned out vs many other MLS clubs. Virtually no pro path success, many in college on decent but not great rosters and even fewer playing significantly. Problem is, without management caring it's never going to change.
            He does DA because the Revs have to. If he could make money developing home grown talent he might be more interested. But alas, that is not meant to be
            As a team, very poor off the ball movement and passing overall. It is actually kinda pathetic.Midfield very weak. Revs' goalie touched the ball more than the midfield. What the hell is that. I know you have got a national team goalie, but you just can't play like this. Or this is some secret plan to develop the player?

I don't think the coach knows what he is doing. No wonder the parents kept complaining here. This is wasting time. Kids should find better things to do. Good luck.
            I'm giving those clowns until the summer and if I don't see major improvements, my kid is out. He's one of their so called "chosen" ones too, but it's utterly pathetic over there in Foxboro.
            They won't bat an eyelash, see you later. What about the multitude of MLS Academies going to full residencies? You think the dynamic duo of Bobby and Johnny Kraft will get in on this? Not a chance. Training will continue in that piece of sh*t outdated fieldhouse. One strong gust of wind and all our kids die instantly!
            The Revs Academy coaches are like the walking dead. Without fail at every practice, they go through the most minimal of effort, grab their gear and step into their crappy cars to head back to Rhode Island. They talk to no one, not the parents, players or one another. No enthusiasm, no passion. Lifeless zombies. Just a bizarre environment that's sucking the passion our kids have had for this game for so long. The kids have never met the first team at all, they don't look happy and are quickly losing interest. I hear their out of State trips are like concentration camps, they are relegated to their rooms for hours on end while other teams are encouraged to watch other teams compete. If I were to grade these nitwits, it'd be a an F.
            The DA is a mirror reflection of their pro team. Crappy soccer. Those kids that made the DA teams are very good players however there are too many me me me players on the teams and the sad part is the coaches encouraged that type of behaviors. Go on YouTube and watch their games and you'll see what I mean.
            What you don't understand is there are rules that simply do not apply to certain players. Each and every year. And if you don't get away with breaking the rules chances are you wouldn't have lasted there long anyway
            The complaints about coaching, player robots, club favoritism etc are present year in and year out. It would require a big management shakeup to change things, but that would require senior management above that who cared.
            So.....many of the 2002 players will be playing in the tournament under the club Explosion:

https://htgsports.net/scoring/Schedu...&Pool=0&Team=0

https://htgsports.net/scoring/Bracke...division=17736

Weren't we all told by management that the Revs players cannot play on other teams?

From Scales:
            We have had a few inquiries about Academy players competing with outside futsal teams this winter. Please be advised that US Soccer prohibits DA players from competing with outside teams during the academy year. We will have our own futsal programming during the winter months for the U14’s and U13’s starting in December, leading up the USSDA Futsal event on February 11th. We also want all of our Academy players to be able to take a physical and mental break in November/December to recover before we begin pre-season training again on Wednesday, January 18th.
            Agreements are a two way affair - Revs are supposed to provide training 4 days per week not 3 (or fewer with cancellations ), and take off a reasonable amount of time for winter rest, not two months. I think if they lived up to their side of bargain more would be willing to live up to theirs. Then once a few are allowed to break the rules of course others will follow
            The big deal here is not that Rev's players are participating in futsal training / events. The big deal is that some players are getting special treatment (being told it is ok for them to participate) and/or they are not saying anything about what they are doing... Other players are being told that they cannot participate. The honest players "following the rules" get the shaft here. Terrible Revs! Next year, everyone just do whatever you want to do (if you are still around)... Just make it easy on yourselves. If something comes of it next year, you simply show them the pictures or this thread and let them know that you assumed it was ok, since everyone else seemed to be doing it. It's that simple.
            I have zero connection to revs but they have one chance at a top flight player and each year they continue to decrease his (and their) chances. KV. A real natural player will skills out the wahzoo. But the revs have done their best (I'm certain not intentional, they just don't know better) to limit his growth with their grotesque, formulaic play.
            Really the rules come from USSF. The Revs violate multiple DA policies and this is just one of them. If USSF isn't busting the Revs on things like 4 practices/week, then of course the Revs will continue to see how far they can push the limits of the rules. Then it seeps down to the parents/players who see inconsistent rule enforcement by an organization that doesn't seem to give a sh** about its players - or even want to be in DA at all. If you give little you should expect little in return.
            Yes - being handed raw talent because you're the only MLS game in town vs actually helping that talent reach their maximum potential. Forget residency programs; the Revs sometimes don't even practice 3 times a week let alone 4. Their coaching is lackluster yet they've done nothing to change it.
            Beyond the fact that I wouldn't let the Revs have anything to do with my kids' education - there's no way in he** they'd ever run such a program. They're too cheap to pay for buses or the required 4th day of DA training. Pay for a residential program? You're cra cra. If you want that you better move out of state or out of the country would be even better - your kid will get a better education in Germany and far better soccer training vs anything the Revs will ever do
            Atlanta United just blew by the Revs Academy and they haven't played one MLS minute yet.

Comment

He's not alone Toots. Nobody likes your crazy, sleazy and self-absorbed family. Nobody.
              I LIKE THEM. They love soccer, enuff said.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X