Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is not a very impressive list of schools. I think there are too many so called college events.
    The jolting thing is not that the club couldn't get coaches to come. NEFC has had plenty of coaches from other parts of the country come to the event in the past so its not a marketing issue on their part. If the list of coaches isn't impressive that should tell you that the list of players isn't impressive. It says coaches aren't interested enough to come to see them. Its an indictment of the talent level. That's a pretty big problem if you are trying to get your kid recruited to an ACC program and the only ones that show up are the local schools everyone around here turns their noses up at. One thing if certain, going to some showcase half way across the country is not going to fix the problem either.

Comment

"You're"... Seriously? Looks like you went to Salem State.
      #5 on the Name that Poster thread!!! Too funny!

You nailed it. What a dink!

Comment

Why? because many colleges exist beyond 200 miles of local tournaments. Coaches from NC or VA schools don't travel to New England to watch tournaments. Does that not make any sense to you?
        Spend your money on powerball tickets, you have just as good odds.

Comment

Few things:
          I weather/budget is a factor. With the weather up here unpredictable I'm sure some colleges could be asking is it worth it to come up here? Are there players closer to where they are are from comparable to players here? If so why travel here?
          Unfortunately I know some parents will take offense to this but the talent is not there. The DA teams aren't here and most of the ECNL teams arent here. I know there's good players on these teams that are playing but if your a coach outside of New England and look at just the the list of teams playing doesn't it make you want to go here?

Also now with DA and ECNL hacing events d1 and D2 coaches are more likely to spend money and travel to those events.

In the end I'm sure NEFC will make a good amount of money off of this. There's still plenty of teams that are paying a lot of money for 3 games.

Comment

Few things:
            I weather/budget is a factor. With the weather up here unpredictable I'm sure some colleges could be asking is it worth it to come up here? Are there players closer to where they are are from comparable to players here? If so why travel here?
            Unfortunately I know some parents will take offense to this but the talent is not there. The DA teams aren't here and most of the ECNL teams arent here. I know there's good players on these teams that are playing but if your a coach outside of New England and look at just the the list of teams playing doesn't it make you want to go here?

Also now with DA and ECNL hacing events d1 and D2 coaches are more likely to spend money and travel to those events.

In the end I'm sure NEFC will make a good amount of money off of this. There's still plenty of teams that are paying a lot of money for 3 games.
            Most of the kids playing in this tournament will end up playing in the region at a D2/D3 level. If your kid is looking to play D1 then they should be on a DA or ECNL team, and listen my kid is on an NPL team. For kids that want to play outside of New England then hopefully they are playing at Jefferson Cup or PDA. Or better yet, attend an ID clinic at a school they are interested in. This is a good "kick off" tournament for better teams, and a good opportunity for the rest of the kids to get seen by schools where they can actually play.

Comment

IF a player reaches out to a college that's in that area and that college is interested in said player they will attend tourney .Its not rocket science.

Comment

IF a player reaches out to a college that's in that area and that college is interested in said player they will attend tourney .Its not rocket science.
                This is true. The talent pools and recruitment budgets aren't deep enough for College Coaches to speculate at these level of events. Recruitment is player driven and if they show enough interest in a program, it is more likely to entice a coach to attend. Simple yield on ROI.

Comment

It's the chicken or the egg situation. How does a college develop interest in a player? Simple answer, by their player resume. If your kid doesn't have a strong resume no one is going to be interested except the bottom feeder programs.

Comment

College coaches talk to each other all the time.If you have a respected coach who informs them of your ability,desire to go to thier school all you need.Attend some practices, camps prove your worth .

Comment

College coaches talk to each other all the time.If you have a respected coach who informs them of your ability,desire to go to thier school all you need.Attend some practices, camps prove your worth .
                      College coaches talk about players who have a track record of accomplishment. They don't talk about unknowns. No one cares about a kid who is playing on the JV team as sophomore. Those kids are a dime a dozen.

Comment

Talking club soccer not high school JV

Comment

I was at a tournament last year and spoke to a college coach who had gotten an e-mail from a player asking him to come see him play. Something about the e-mail made the coach decide to go, even though he'd never heard of the kid and hadn't received a "recommendation" from a colleague. The coach went to the game, and the kid NEVER GOT OFF THE BENCH. "Never again will I make that mistake" said the coach.

Comment

Email from respected coach recommending not player.Players are prohibited from contacting college coaches.Big difference

Comment

Harvey

I was at a tournament last year and spoke to a college coach who had gotten an e-mail from a player asking him to come see him play. Something about the e-mail made the coach decide to go, even though he'd never heard of the kid and hadn't received a "recommendation" from a colleague. The coach went to the game, and the kid NEVER GOT OFF THE BENCH. "Never again will I make that mistake" said the coach.
                              Well that coach is an idiot. If this is true what stupid coach wouldn't reach out to the club coach first. It's not that hard to email a club coach and ask about a player. Or just google the players name and town and see if anything pops up about soccer. If nothing does then more than likely the players isn't any good.

Comment

Email from respected coach recommending not player.Players are prohibited from contacting college coaches.Big difference
                                Players can contact coaches anytime they want. D1 and 2 coaches are prohibited from contacting players (with some exceptions) until Junior year. I hope your player knows the rules better than you do.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X