Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Family of four for ten days in Hawaii will set you back $7- $ 8k.Put that money away for 4-5 years will get you a year’s college tuition. Many teams choosing not to go.
    Seems like such a beautiful place to go play soccer, but the tickets themselves are so high just don't understand how even fundraising will make it affordable for all these teams to financially make it! My question is if the winning team chooses not to go who is next in line to go? The runner up ?

Comment

Family of four for ten days in Hawaii will set you back $7- $ 8k.Put that money away for 4-5 years will get you a year’s college tuition. Many teams choosing not to go.
      That is a lot of coin for college.

Comment

Seems like such a beautiful place to go play soccer, but the tickets themselves are so high just don't understand how even fundraising will make it affordable for all these teams to financially make it! My question is if the winning team chooses not to go who is next in line to go? The runner up ?
        I heard the GPS 03s are already through to nationals and passing on Hawaii. So would Crossfire get to go?

Comment

I heard the GPS 03s are already through to nationals and passing on Hawaii. So would Crossfire get to go?
          I would hope so, but I don't know. Wonder if it says in the tournament rules somewhere ?

Comment

I would hope so, but I don't know. Wonder if it says in the tournament rules somewhere ?
            Agreed it would great to be able to see Crossfire 03s go get a shot in regionals.

Comment

Agreed it would great to be able to see Crossfire 03s go get a shot in regionals.
              Absolutely! Any of the top 3 from Oregon would do well representing the State.

Comment

Absolutely! Any of the top 3 from Oregon would do well representing the State.
                Yes, Oregon teams should reasonably well at regionals. Especially, with region 4 power houses like Beach FC, Legends FC and La Roca FC in the GDA.

Comment

Yes, Oregon teams should reasonably well at regionals. Especially, with region 4 power houses like Beach FC, Legends FC and La Roca FC in the GDA.
                  Reasonably do well!

Comment

Reasonably do well!
                    At least not facing Burlingame ! La Roca EXTREME skills...

Comment

New recruits to GPS (I heard 25+ since the State Cup Finals) could help fund the Hawaii trip. GPS deserves it. Would be good to see Washington County actually chip in, fat chance!
                      GPS Dominance developing over two years of excellence and dedicated coaching!

Comment

At least not facing Burlingame ! La Roca EXTREME skills...
                        Was someone being sarcastic? Anyway, someone needs to be their supporting Oregon, if they lose owell at least they competed and will gain experience none the less. Eugene, Crossfire and Nemesis all will compete well they all have talent. If Crossfire does go though coach should make sure the crazy soccer mom on the sidelines isn't going around looking for people who aren't from her team and telling them they can't sit anywhere near her team. That was ridiculous

Comment

Was someone being sarcastic? Anyway, someone needs to be their supporting Oregon, if they lose owell at least they competed and will gain experience none the less. Eugene, Crossfire and Nemesis all will compete well they all have talent. If Crossfire does go though coach should make sure the crazy soccer mom on the sidelines isn't going around looking for people who aren't from her team and telling them they can't sit anywhere near her team. That was ridiculous
                          Don’t worry she is at Thorns now.

Comment

Don’t worry she is at Thorns now.
                            Feel sorry for the thorns then

Comment

Feel sorry for the thorns then
                              Sorry er

Comment

GPS Oregon = ��?

High school coach knew the D1 coach and sent the coach a few videos. High school coach had everything to do with it! By the way I'm not saying that this is normal because the consensus is that most high school coaches don't take the time to do such things. If the coach hadn't done it we would of accepted other offers my kid got while playing club as there were plenty of d2 offers while playing regionals as we emailed coaches prior to games and they came to watch it wasn't hard at all but were happy with the D1 school.
                                Well good for you !! My kid just played played rec soccer and her coach told everyone he knew how good she was . To my surprise she got an offer to a D1 school !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X