Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Valeo / Newton United merger prove detrimental?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is so hilarious!! " when the Newton Boys have to move to DAP". Ha ha Ha Ha!! Not one boy is DAP material on either the U12 or the U13 Valeo/NU teams. Not one!!
    You must be a father of one of those kids I assume. Take a deep breath daddy!
    I am not their dad. In fact, I really do not like the NU parents. When someone says something about them their first response is to say something about the posters kids. It is so petty. -- see the attacks on the Scorp Dad.

That said -- they absolutely have a couple of kids that are DAP worthy on both the U12 and U13.

Comment

Why do you say that the 'Newton boys have to move to DAP'? Why do you assume that the DAP is a must? There are multiple ways for kids to be seen by college coaches including the NEP/NEPL/NPL route......the EDP/NPL route......Region 1 route.....showcase tournaments. Why do you assume that everyone wants the DAP and to miss high school soccer??

On the other note, Valeo Bolts does not sound to bad as long as Valeo comes first. Valeo has something that the Newton based Bolts do not have.....a good youth program. With the beginning of the DAP, the Bolts brass essentially dropped any effort for their youth program and assumed it would fly under the DAP flag. Adding further insult was their coach selection and age group directors i.e. BA furthered himself from worrying about the younger teams. The one thing that can be said about their affiliates is that those youth programs are stronger than the local one.

Valeo has a strong youth program but has not been as able to hold on to players for their older teams, but they are getting better. The Bolts will hopefully realize that they need a Valeo like youth program more than Valeo will necessarily need them.
      If Valeo can hold onto older players, then they won't be have to merge.

Comment

I am not their dad. In fact, I really do not like the NU parents. When someone says something about them their first response is to say something about the posters kids. It is so petty. -- see the attacks on the Scorp Dad.

That said -- they absolutely have a couple of kids that are DAP worthy on both the U12 and U13.
        I thought that the fat kid comment was in reference to a V vs Scorpions game. I don't see how other parents can make comments about NU and Valeo boys with no problem. I am not a parent of either, but your comments smack of a creepy agenda.

Comment

DLeal and AGilshot are the two parents coaching the NU teams who still want to control their own kids destiny. Larger clubs probably told them to stick it and stand with the rest of the parents. Valeo gave them important and administrative roles.

The deal with the Bolts was very close to being signed, but the Bolts wanted too much and essentially would minimize the Valeo Brand. Perhaps when the two clubs see NEFC and GPS swallowing up everything around them, they will realize that there is a different way to do business that might allow Valeo to maintain a strong presence and image. It all depends on how arrogant the leaders will continue to be.
          Wrong. All clubs that offered wanted their involvement. They chose Valeo because of the caliber of its players in NU age group.

Comment

I thought that the fat kid comment was in reference to a V vs Scorpions game. I don't see how other parents can make comments about NU and Valeo boys with no problem. I am not a parent of either, but your comments smack of a creepy agenda.
            Double standard. "Floppers" is fine if your enraged child is flattening Valeo kids from behind and gets a red card. The red carded food challenged boy is the victim.

Comment

DLeal and AGilshot are the two parents coaching the NU teams who still want to control their own kids destiny. Larger clubs probably told them to stick it and stand with the rest of the parents. Valeo gave them important and administrative roles.

The deal with the Bolts was very close to being signed, but the Bolts wanted too much and essentially would minimize the Valeo Brand. Perhaps when the two clubs see NEFC and GPS swallowing up everything around them, they will realize that there is a different way to do business that might allow Valeo to maintain a strong presence and image. It all depends on how arrogant the leaders will continue to be.
              Just got to love your version of events.

Comment

Double standard. "Floppers" is fine if your enraged child is flattening Valeo kids from behind and gets a red card. The red carded food challenged boy is the victim.
                Calling someone a flopper is not the same as calling a kid fat. One is about his style of play and the other is commenting on his physique. Totally different.

Additionally, not that this excuses it, but the "kid card" was played against the Scorp kid first. The comment by the Scorp dad was directed at the opposing teams parents. It doesn't justify it but it certainly explains it.

Comment

They absolutely do not, that said.

Comment

They absolutely do not, that said.
                    Thanks for your assessment. But anyone who knows the teams, knows you are lying.

Comment

Thanks for your assessment. But anyone who knows the teams, knows you are lying.
                      regardless, dap is still MA dap. NRPT - not ready for prime time. Ma is not the place to taut your soccer skills. We're all about changing that.

Comment

Lets look this way, Valeo wanted access to DAP. But at the same time they wanted to be an independent brand . Doesn't work that way , to get something you need to give up in return too.

Comment

Lets look this way, Valeo wanted access to DAP. But at the same time they wanted to be an independent brand . Doesn't work that way , to get something you need to give up in return too.
                          No. Bolts wanted access to a pipeline.

Comment

Access to indoor facility, great younger players, outstanding coaching and development.
                            Nobody at Valeo is worried. Bolt arrogance hasn't changed.

Comment

Access to indoor facility, great younger players, outstanding coaching and development.
                              Nobody at Valeo is worried. Bolt arrogance hasn't changed.
                              I disagree -- It is not arrogance. They both have strong positions so there needs to be some compromise if both parties want to make a deal. It has to be a win-win.

The Valeo brand has to dovetail into the Bolts. It doesn't make sense if it doesn't but that is going to be tough. One team has a European culture and the other is more South American. The training is different.

Bolts tried the same thing with BeAheadOfTheGame. They wanted access to the database and the very early development. Unfortunately that didn't work.

I think a Valeo merger would have the same results

Comment

One team has a European culture and the other is more South American.
                                Which one is which? Is this going to be another flopping conversation?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X