Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbey Villa Tournaments - Dumb!

Last weekend, my son was supposed to play at the Abbey Villa tournament but they cancelled it saying that it would be too cold. My older daughter's team was playing at NEFC the same weekend and it was fine for a bit of soccer. It was cold, because it is March and we live in New England, but it was bearable.

This weekend, my eldest daughter was supposed to play in Abbey Villa's showcase tournament and we got an email from our team manager that they yet again cancelled! This time because the fields they rented do not plow. Why oh why, when you are planning a tournament in March, in New England, would you rent fields that you know won't let you plow?!? It very much seems like this would be a make-or-break part of an agreement when renting fields for a tournament in MARCH. It is so clear that they did not think this through at all.

I thought only Abbey Villa teams did Abbey Villa tournaments. Did you really think college coaches would attend?

Comment

Who is Aby villa ? Can I rent it out for memorial weekend.

Comment

Joke club equals joke tournament. There was a thread on them earlier.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=151354

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I thought only Abbey Villa teams did Abbey Villa tournaments. Did you really think college coaches would attend?
          The brackets did look really bad. Almost all Abbey Villa teams.

Looks like some small, local d3 schools were listed. Why would any men’s coaches go? They could go to the AV tournament and see 4-5 teams or go to NEFC and watch 40-50 teams. Guess there wasn’t a choice to be made in the end though!

Comment

DR is widely recognized as a comedian. He has no real background in soccer and is the prime reason why people laugh at soccer in the US. How can someone so clueless run a club?

Comment

DR is widely recognized as a comedian. He has no real background in soccer and is the prime reason why people laugh at soccer in the US. How can someone so clueless run a club?
              GPS will pick them up!

Comment

GPS will pick them up!
                "GPeniSenvy Guy - The Obsession Continues"

Coming soon to a theater near you.

Comment

Trust me Abbey Villa parents are far from happy, me being one of them. The only tournaments my son's team get to play in are Abbey Villa tournaments. The majority of the teams that play in the tournaments are Abbey Villa teams, and some low level club/town teams.

We get 2 tournaments included in our fees, if I knew both these tournaments would be basically internal tournaments I would of strongly considered not signing up. If you can't plow fields, why are Abbey trying to run a tournament in March?

Honestly, this on top of all the coaches leaving in the past year, we have had enough. My son comes home from training complaining about being "bored" and not being challenged. Trying to speak to the owner about your issues is a waste of time, basically the message you get back is "Deal with it". I know for a fact the majority of the team my son plays on will not be returning for the Fall season.

Comment

Trust me Abbey Villa parents are far from happy, me being one of them. The only tournaments my son's team get to play in are Abbey Villa tournaments. The majority of the teams that play in the tournaments are Abbey Villa teams, and some low level club/town teams.

We get 2 tournaments included in our fees, if I knew both these tournaments would be basically internal tournaments I would of strongly considered not signing up. If you can't plow fields, why are Abbey trying to run a tournament in March?

Honestly, this on top of all the coaches leaving in the past year, we have had enough. My son comes home from training complaining about being "bored" and not being challenged. Trying to speak to the owner about your issues is a waste of time, basically the message you get back is "Deal with it". I know for a fact the majority of the team my son plays on will not be returning for the Fall season.
                    The only time you hear from DR is when he is chasing you for money!

Comment

The only time you hear from DR is when he is chasing you for money!
                      Well now he needs your money even more! They announced a Spring Gala to raise money for their 'AVSC Financial Aid Program' aka, they took over Greater Lowell United, the families that were part of that club cannot afford Abbey Villa's huge fees (for lack of quality) and so now they need to raise money to pay for those players to play. DR could just take a hit to his wallet for a change, but he won't do that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X