Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    According to the game reports, he has been playing.
    Did the defenses figure him out that quickly, or did he just have a lucky first three games?
    Not luck, he is a good kid and is extremely talented and played odp with my son. Soccer is a cruel game sometimes and I would guess he has had chances. By the end of the year he will get his...

Comment

Three questions:

1) How would you know about the financial aid status of a Westside player? Or are you making some rather offensive assumptions based on his ancestry? Unless you're a team official (or the family told you), that's private information you aren't given access to.

2) Why would you care if a kid is on financial aid? If it gets talented kids whose mom and dad aren't yuppies into the pipeline, I say bring on the financial aid!

3) You really seem to know who our players are (or were), and have strong opinions about them. Why is that? Did one of them beat out your snowflake for a spot somewhere?

But yes, I consider having players move on to TA is a success, even if the 05 TA team is flawed as currently organized. Bring those four back, and WT would be the top DA team. Losing them hurts a lot, but if a club is focused on player development, rather than hoisting state cups or summer tourney hardware, the goal is having your kids advance, even if it means they leave the program.
      It's no secret, so stop acting like it is...

Comment

Three questions:

1) How would you know about the financial aid status of a Westside player? Or are you making some rather offensive assumptions based on his ancestry? Unless you're a team official (or the family told you), that's private information you aren't given access to.

2) Why would you care if a kid is on financial aid? If it gets talented kids whose mom and dad aren't yuppies into the pipeline, I say bring on the financial aid!

3) You really seem to know who our players are (or were), and have strong opinions about them. Why is that? Did one of them beat out your snowflake for a spot somewhere?

But yes, I consider having players move on to TA is a success, even if the 05 TA team is flawed as currently organized. Bring those four back, and WT would be the top DA team. Losing them hurts a lot, but if a club is focused on player development, rather than hoisting state cups or summer tourney hardware, the goal is having your kids advance, even if it means they leave the program.
        I think this is the point: people still are annoyed/mad/disgusted (you put in whatever adjective you want) about the whole make up of the TA team. It is very clear some mandates were in place for westside kids to be included in order for TA to play ball with billups and the ex ADF coach. There were also edicts to include several ADF kids in the mix if said "Ben"afactor was going to pay. While several deserving players are there several others do not belong and this team could be so much better if the Timbers would have had some integrity and class and actually took the top talent in the area. That is not subjective like many will try to spout at this point. Half of the roster does not belong, it's not only the bottom 2 or 3 we are talking about, its half the team. We are digressing by even going back...TA sold their integrity and soul for money. Story over leave it be

Comment

I think this is the point: people still are annoyed/mad/disgusted (you put in whatever adjective you want) about the whole make up of the TA team. It is very clear some mandates were in place for westside kids to be included in order for TA to play ball with billups and the ex ADF coach. There were also edicts to include several ADF kids in the mix if said "Ben"afactor was going to pay. While several deserving players are there several others do not belong and this team could be so much better if the Timbers would have had some integrity and class and actually took the top talent in the area. That is not subjective like many will try to spout at this point. Half of the roster does not belong, it's not only the bottom 2 or 3 we are talking about, its half the team. We are digressing by even going back...TA sold their integrity and soul for money. Story over leave it be
          Huh?

Billups wanted Westside kids? Or the Timbers wanted them? Or someone at Westside insisted they be included, or... what, exactly?

I'm not sure where Westside enters the picture, other than you think that at least some of the players that came from Westside aren't deserving. Westside isn't involved with Billups. Maybe he wanted some WT players, but that's on him.

Comment

It's no secret, so stop acting like it is...
            Who cares anyway? Westside is generous with scholarships. You seem to act as though this is a bad thing.

Comment

Three questions:

This is so disturbing. OP-just because a kid is latino, doesn't mean he is on scholarship. You are messed up. Go back to your LO bubble and keep your horribly offensive insinuations to yourself.

Comment

This is so disturbing. OP-just because a kid is latino, doesn't mean he is on scholarship. You are messed up. Go back to your LO bubble and keep your horribly offensive insinuations to yourself.
                Ah yes, good ol' talking soccer. You can always count on some dumb ass trying to refute a stereotype from another dumb ass with their own stereotype. Well played Harry and Lloyd, well played.

Comment

I am the OP Dumbazz, and I know for a fact so save your righteous indignation. Not a racial issue, as I am hispanic myself. You do not know me, so do not pretend you do. I will make this easy for you though...I live in Beaverton and I know everything. Still care to pretend to have a discussion about things you know nothing about?

Comment

Only reason he may win is you play kick it long and and chase and he is a forward that stays at midfield or on the deepest defenders shoulder. You will be middle of the pack and have little to no build up and he will be a product of that and goals will be "empty". Your best player is playing up with the 04's most of the time and if you could reign in his attitude and cheap shots he could go far. He is one of the best 05's now but will end up getting himself run and or hurt because his mouth writes checks he can't cash.
                    Yeah right!

Comment

Only reason he may win is you play kick it long and and chase and he is a forward that stays at midfield or on the deepest defenders shoulder. You will be middle of the pack and have little to no build up and he will be a product of that and goals will be "empty". Your best player is playing up with the 04's most of the time and if you could reign in his attitude and cheap shots he could go far. He is one of the best 05's now but will end up getting himself run and or hurt because his mouth writes checks he can't cash.
                      Sadly, this is true. Personally, I love how parents are on here debating the goals scored by 12 year old kids.

Comment

"Prediction guy", what are the lines on the DA games this weekend?
                        Don't forget to include how many goals AJS from capital will have.

Comment

I live in Beaverton and I know everything.
                          I live in Beaverton, and can assure you these two things are mutually exclusive.

Comment

Huh?

Billups wanted Westside kids? Or the Timbers wanted them? Or someone at Westside insisted they be included, or... what, exactly?

I'm not sure where Westside enters the picture, other than you think that at least some of the players that came from Westside aren't deserving. Westside isn't involved with Billups. Maybe he wanted some WT players, but that's on him.
                            Take your thumb out of your mouth and get up to speed. Timbers insisted on having Timbers alliance players being included (have to justify the alliance some how) as part of playing ball with billups just as he insisted on certain conditions for him to play ball and fund the academy. What blew up on them is 2 things. 1) Oregon got 05 DA and 2) several players (3/4 of which would be starters)and their families declined "invitations" and decided to stay at their previous clubs. TA and Fernando then made the mistake of going back to the ADF and westside well to fill the holes with players that do not deserve to be there over some other more deserving players that did go to "tryouts".- results show this to be true and when you leave kids off the game roster and only play reserves 10 minutes a game at this age it just gets worse...

Do you get it now or do I need to draw pictures with crayons for you?

Comment

Take your thumb out of your mouth and get up to speed. Timbers insisted on having Timbers alliance players being included (have to justify the alliance some how) as part of playing ball with billups just as he insisted on certain conditions for him to play ball and fund the academy. What blew up on them is 2 things. 1) Oregon got 05 DA and 2) several players (3/4 of which would be starters)and their families declined "invitations" and decided to stay at their previous clubs. TA and Fernando then made the mistake of going back to the ADF and westside well to fill the holes with players that do not deserve to be there over some other more deserving players that did go to "tryouts".- results show this to be true and when you leave kids off the game roster and only play reserves 10 minutes a game at this age it just gets worse...

Do you get it now or do I need to draw pictures with crayons for you?
                              This one is not directed towards me, but I can assure you some of this is very inaccurate. BB is not funding this team. Of course he has some influence in terms of funding the coach privately perhaps, but not the team. 3/4 of the team would be starters is a gross exaggeration and made up. A handful yes, but not 3/4 of the team. I am not on board with all of what goes on with TA at this age group, but let's keep it in real terms and not over dramatize it.

Comment

"Prediction guy", what are the lines on the DA games this weekend?
                                Don't forget to include how many goals AJS from capital will have.
                                I don't predict individual stats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X