Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odp

Any word on ODP or ODP Academy this fall/winter? These normally start in November, with tryouts prior. I'm wonder if the group size limitations at the indoor facilities would cause an issue with this.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any word on ODP or ODP Academy this fall/winter? These normally start in November, with tryouts prior. I'm wonder if the group size limitations at the indoor facilities would cause an issue with this.
    Don't waste your time or money

Comment

Don't waste your time or money
      typical disgruntled parent

Comment

typical disgruntled parent
        I don't know a lot about the ODP team in RI, but regarding their clinics, I'd also say don't waste your money.

Comment

I don't know a lot about the ODP team in RI, but regarding their clinics, I'd also say don't waste your money.
          They have training pools in the winter. The training is very good and some age groups have a lot of strong players

Comment

They have training pools in the winter. The training is very good and some age groups have a lot of strong players
            It's been a few years, but when my kid went to a few of their clinics, they were on the big field at WWIS and it was clear that they had not capped the number of participants. There was one main coach and maybe a couple of assistants walking around, but it was basically split these hundred or so kids into 8-10 groups, then have them do cone drills. There was zero individual attention paid. It was no better than a Challenger camp, with the added benefit that it made my kid hate soccer for a brief period.

Comment

My kid has be involved in the ODP academy then ODP for the past 4 years. It is nothing like described above. Great extra training event.

Comment

Like ODP and SRI.
                Don’t like the training time slot.
                Sunday nights?! Fine if you live in N Kingstown but for those of us in East Prov no thanks not with school Monday mornings. Needs to be more like 4pm latest if on Sunday night, or better yet do it on Sat nights it’s not like soccer parents have a life anyway.

Comment

I think the training time makes sense. Training with club and town on all different weeknights weeknights and indoor/outdoor games on Saturday's and Sundays between premier, Super Liga and then indoor. Indoor games run late on Saturday nights. I don't love the time slot, but it has always fit in our schedule around everything else. Plus WWISS doesn't have anything else going on at this time, so ODP can rent the entire facility.

Comment

The question is, will there be any ODP this fall/winter? Still have not heard a word about it. Would be nice if they would at a minimum, post something on fb so we know what they are thinking. I'm assuming that due to WWIS limitations on numbers, it's not going to happen, but would be nice to hear something from CM.

Comment

I think the training time makes sense. Training with club and town on all different weeknights weeknights and indoor/outdoor games on Saturday's and Sundays between premier, Super Liga and then indoor. Indoor games run late on Saturday nights.
                      This sounds like too much. Just sayin'.

But the last poster was being sarcastic. At least I think so...

Comment

This sounds like too much. Just sayin'.

But the last poster was being sarcastic. At least I think so...
                        Too much for one kid may not be enough for another. The more physically in shape the kids become and the more passion for the game they develop the more they can handle. Kids in the u11 and up range often thrive with 3-4 days of training and 2 days of games per week. My kid goes for periods with one day off from soccer per week and 2-4 games on the weekends and he loves it. This is generally for short periods of time and I monitor him for fatigue and injury, feed him well, make sure he gets plenty of sleep and get all his homework done. As long as he feels well and enjoys it, I don't feel it's too much to push hard for a few weeks at a time. If he shows signs of fatigue, just need to get him adequate rest ASAP before injury or mental burnout. I think this is typical of most higher level premier players that also play superliga, indoor soccer, futsal, ODP and whatever other training opportunities come around.

Comment

My kid has be involved in the ODP academy then ODP for the past 4 years. It is nothing like described above. Great extra training event.
                          I agree. My player has been in 5. It's been a great experience.

Comment

The question is, will there be any ODP this fall/winter? Still have not heard a word about it. Would be nice if they would at a minimum, post something on fb so we know what they are thinking. I'm assuming that due to WWIS limitations on numbers, it's not going to happen, but would be nice to hear something from CM.
                            CM is going out to towns/clubs to evaluate. She will try to do something if SRI supports and lets her.

Comment

Info coming very soon. Be on the lookout on SRI web site and social media.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X