Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Tryouts

New to the state. How competitive is high school soccer here? If a boy will be an incoming freshman and has played on a good club team, playing in the highest competitive division available where we were, what are his chances of making a team at one of the better high schools for soccer? I've heard crazy stories about it being impossible to make the team at LaSalle, for example, although I can't seem to find anything online about them having a lot of players signing LOIs. Is it possible that we've moved to a big fish/small pond area? Not even going to ask about clubs, I see answers to that question can get combative on this board.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    New to the state. How competitive is high school soccer here? If a boy will be an incoming freshman and has played on a good club team, playing in the highest competitive division available where we were, what are his chances of making a team at one of the better high schools for soccer? I've heard crazy stories about it being impossible to make the team at LaSalle, for example, although I can't seem to find anything online about them having a lot of players signing LOIs. Is it possible that we've moved to a big fish/small pond area? Not even going to ask about clubs, I see answers to that question can get combative on this board.
    LSA/BH recruit -- just the way it is and play with the rules (ie. the two week "camp" that is a jump on pre-season in the past). Tricky then with privates -- since they do you're always going to have more doubt about who might be taking your kid's spot. HS you know the team pretty much and see what's in JV/pipeline - rare to get the super new talent except perhaps the HS in the military region (south county / newport areas).

But technically recruiting is illegal you won't find that kind of online evidence -- it's wink wink, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      LSA/BH recruit -- just the way it is and play with the rules (ie. the two week "camp" that is a jump on pre-season in the past). Tricky then with privates -- since they do you're always going to have more doubt about who might be taking your kid's spot. HS you know the team pretty much and see what's in JV/pipeline - rare to get the super new talent except perhaps the HS in the military region (south county / newport areas).

But technically recruiting is illegal you won't find that kind of online evidence -- it's wink wink, etc.
      If it's 'wink, wink,' then what does it really consist of? Do club (or other) coaches give tips on players to the HS coaches? Otherwise, how is a player "found" at the incoming freshman U14 level?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X