Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Coach and Club

So this site is about bashing each other I’ve realized. Let’s switch it up, give initials of your favorite coach and list club or town and why. No need to trash what people say here but I think it would be great for parents to have an idea of where the good coaching is happening.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So this site is about bashing each other I’ve realized. Let’s switch it up, give initials of your favorite coach and list club or town and why. No need to trash what people say here but I think it would be great for parents to have an idea of where the good coaching is happening.
    LOL not one taker! TS is about whining parents and posturing coaches / administrators.

Comment

Alright I'll bite. I always like JS, girls coach in Pawtucket. Our teams always had great games. Class act.

Comment

DR at EG Travel Soccer.

Best coach in New England

Comment

Finally an opportunity to actually say something nice about coaches and hardly anyone does? Shows you the mentality of the people on this site

Comment

Finally an opportunity to actually say something nice about coaches and hardly anyone does? Shows you the mentality of the people on this site
            I don't see the purpose of this attempt at some kind of back-slapping (or D-measuring) thread. It's not like someone can say, "Oh, I saw on this soccer message board that some guy only identified by cryptic initials is doing a bang-up job coaching over in Shelbyville. Let's move there to make sure little Lisa gets a scholarship!"

My kid has been coached by the same guy for years. All the players are friends, all the parents are friends, we all get together at parties, etc. It's a small town program with a great atmosphere. Everyone in town is already aware of the coach and the team, so no anonymous message board advertising is necessary.

Comment

Agreed

I don't see the purpose of this attempt at some kind of back-slapping (or D-measuring) thread. It's not like someone can say, "Oh, I saw on this soccer message board that some guy only identified by cryptic initials is doing a bang-up job coaching over in Shelbyville. Let's move there to make sure little Lisa gets a scholarship!"

My kid has been coached by the same guy for years. All the players are friends, all the parents are friends, we all get together at parties, etc. It's a small town program with a great atmosphere. Everyone in town is already aware of the coach and the team, so no anonymous message board advertising is necessary.
              This is just someone's attempt to get coaches names on the board so that they can bash. Nothing new

Comment

It was which Club and coach?
                Not which town coach.
                If you have a favorite coach from an actual club ie Bayside, Surf, NEFC, Bruno, Liverpool etc list it here. We know town coaches are great just because they are volunteers. But when parents pay a couple grand a year, it’s nice to know where the great coaches landed since the Covid / Surf shake up.

Comment

DR in EG is the best coach - club or town in New England. Period.

Trust me. I've seen A LOT of coaches. Even spent time at Real Madrid with their youth coaches.

I know great coaches.

Comment

DR in EG is the best coach - club or town in New England. Period.

Trust me. I've seen A LOT of coaches. Even spent time at Real Madrid with their youth coaches.

I know great coaches.
                    DR is a great salesman. I can’t believe Challenger is still around.

Comment

DR is a great salesman. I can’t believe Challenger is still around.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Who are you kidding? This post was started so it could turn into a bashing thread...that's how TS works!

Comment

LR is my favorite coach. He gave my daughter I full scholarship for surf and pumas! He also offered to help buy her cleats and uniform! Keep up the good work coach!

Comment

Agreed.
                            You can be both - great salesman and coach.

Again, I have seen A LOT of youth soccer coaches in RI/MA and Spain.

Comment

The best coaches are the town coaches who work for nothing. They are amazing people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X