Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superliga

It would be nice if we heard from Superliga regularly on the status of getting our towns up and playing again. I would have more faith in them if they posted on their page with progress in reopening once a week. Show us you are trying. Show us you’ve been communicating with coaches and board members, surveying parents. Show us your working on updating your back to play back to games plan. Show us you’ve been working on reclassify our soccer from high risk to moderate. We see no communication or effort from the couple running Superliga. I’m not sure why this is allowed. MA soccer is working hard to give the kids sports this fall and being creative but nothing in RI. This lack of effort is an issue and why our best athletes have been for years crossing state lines.

Last we heard from SUPERLIGA Aug 4. It’s Aug 22!
    So are you all doing anything or just sitting back waiting to react to our Gov decisions on Aug 28 as you say? Are you making any effort to educate DOH and Governor on how soccer risks can be reduced? Have you shown them data from other states where no Covid has spread in youth soccer even when a random child is positive it doesn’t spread? Have you created a return to play like Mass? Are you allowing tournaments like in NH? I’m guessing no to everything since we’ve heard zero from you and coaches aren’t even sure what to do as we have zero guidance from you.

Updated August 4, 2020

2020 FALL SUPER LIGA TOURNAMENT Update.
    The current pandemic has created challenging times for all of us. Most of us have never seen anything like what we are experiencing.
    For the safety of all our players and their families and adhering to government guidelines and recommendations, Super Liga is delaying the 2020 Fall Super Liga Tournament due to Rhode Island extending Phase 3 to August 28. A final decision on the Fall Super Liga will be made at that time.
    Please continue to follow the guidelines put forward by our government officials so that we can all be safe and assist in putting an end to this awful situation sooner than later. We know that all the players can’t wait to get back on the field.
    Our best to you and your families.
    The Super Liga

Comment

I'd suggest clubs and towns xompetitive teams look at out of state tournaments. Seacoast United Labor Day tournament has multiple brackets where Super Liga Anchor teams would compete and even the lowe level teams. Go have some fun. Stop waiting around for Gina and Super Liga. Look in NH and CT. They are playing and having fun.

Comment

https://www.soccertoday.com/coronavirus-covid-19-impacting-soccer/
        Please pass along to people who care about soccer starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I'd suggest clubs and towns xompetitive teams look at out of state tournaments. Seacoast United Labor Day tournament has multiple brackets where Super Liga Anchor teams would compete and even the lowe level teams. Go have some fun. Stop waiting around for Gina and Super Liga. Look in NH and CT. They are playing and having fun.
          Looked into Seacoast but it says deadline to enter was last Friday.

I doubt RI will allow any games as we drelikely not going into phase 4
          "Raimondo told The Providence Journal that, if she had to decide now on moving to the fourth phase of the state’s reopening plan, “I would stay right where we are.”

Comment

The governor is working politics and soccer is getting screwed in our state because of it. Go across the state lines and kids are playing. Many states are open for full contact sports like Ohio. But our Governor has no idea that soccer has less risks. Why doesn't she know?
            Superliga hasn't worked with the Governor. Coaches aren't talking to their boards. The AD's of high schools aren't educating their school districts. We don't have to be in Phase 4 for soccer, silly rule that nobody else has. We need our governor and DHS to be alerted its a moderate sport and risks can be reduced.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/08/24/asia-pacific/science-health-asia-pacific/hong-kong-first-coronavirus-reinfection/
            Your article has nothing to do with soccer. Yes newsflash we are living with COVID just like we are living with the flu every winter which actually kills way more kids. Your focus should not be on spreading BS propaganda but keeping your kids outside, playing sports, fit, get their flu shots, washing hands, wear a mask and be sensible.

Although I have emailed this article to our governor I doubt she will read it. I'm just a parent.We need people with power or a voice to speak up and get soccer moved to moderate.

https://www.soccertoday.com/coronavirus-covid-19-impacting-soccer/

Comment

yea i saw that article in japan times you posted that is political garbage.

Comment

You don't have to wait for Superliga to educate the governor. I sent her a letter this morning with all the research. The more of you who write to our governor the better chance we get our soccer back and get soccer listed as moderate risk. Don't wait for others to do the work. Write to the governor yourself.

Comment

It's not moderate risk. Go ask Danbury, CT. You can google the article. It is high risk and soccer spreads it.

Also, read this SI piece and tell me you want kids to play:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/08/24/doctor-covid-survey-daily-cover

Comment

It's not moderate risk. Go ask Danbury, CT. You can google the article. It is high risk and soccer spreads it.

Totally not high risk we just need to educate people. Mass and so many states know it can be played safely. Anyway if you want your kid to stay home then stay home, but don't try to stop the rest of us. Those of us who want to play should continue to write to the governor.

Comment

That Danbury mayor is an idiot. He has no more idea that soccer is spreading the virus than you do.

Comment

Omg really we will take advice from CT? Can you get more insane? Let’s at least look towards our smarter government next door in MA. Mass gets it. And generally MA people just get soccer and maybe everything more than backwards CT. That governor is a tool.

Comment

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-child-covid-cases-rise-doctors-watch-for-potential-long-term-effects-11598289636?st=hjjdob05dzwib59&reflink=article_cop yURL_share

This is scary. Stop risking your kids health.

Comment

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-child-covid-cases-rise-doctors-watch-for-potential-long-term-effects-11598289636?st=hjjdob05dzwib59&reflink=article_cop yURL_share

This is scary. Stop risking your kids health.
                            Just stop it. Your audience isn't on this board. Try r/coronavirus on reddit, they eat sh_t like this up.

Subheading of the headline = "Most child cases of Covid are mild."

Comment

Hey Superliga! Isn't it time you make an announcement. Please tell me your silence means you are actually working hard to explain to the governing bodies that soccer is low risk like NY.
                              Your website has not been updated.
                              Town coaches, players, parents are all waiting for you to release our travel schedules.
                              Governor gave us the green light for schools yesterday.
                              You can give towns the green light for soccer games too.
                              If you want to reduce risk, ask parents to spread out and wear masks as they are already doing.
                              Ask children to use hand sanitizer. No throw ins.
                              Easy easy ways to make soccer safer. one-two family members at games and practices.
                              We go this. The people of RI can make this work.
                              If you really feel games are risky maybe limit it.
                              Competitive travel is for u-12 and up only, u-10 and below are rec league.
                              Other than that, let's play.

Governor says yes to schools, so it should be yes to soccer/ sports. And don't base it on high schools we know that is a whole other issue. I am talking about town soccer only.

I hope your silence on your website means you are working hard to make this happen...
                              And by the way our state does not need the insane rules of MASS... they went to far and now those players are playing in other states. Let's do this with common sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X