X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anything on Ocean State, NK, Exeter WG?
    OSS and NKSA merged recently. They are moving forward as if a season is happening.

Comment

OSS and NKSA merged recently. They are moving forward as if a season is happening.
      Speaking of NK, what's going on with their fields?

Comment

Anyone know what are the options currently on the table for Super Liga, and whether they'll take any feedback? (Obviously, this all hinges on the state's approval to play.)

Comment

Superliga waiting on Governor. They should be putting together petitions of changing soccer to moderate and putting together game play plan for Governor but I guess Superliga wants to keep the state Rec soccer.

Comment

Superliga waiting on Governor. They should be putting together petitions of changing soccer to moderate and putting together game play plan for Governor but I guess Superliga wants to keep the state Rec soccer.
            They're giving the impression that they don't want soccer. They're sitting back hoping the governor makes the decision for them so they can say, "Oh well, see you next spring." So how is SuperLiga leadership chosen? Or is it leadership for life? I think it's time for some house cleaning.

Comment

Yep. Kids on RI need better soccer leaders who are proactive and working with our Governor. Sitting back being reactive hardly helps are kids. There are some really good players in town and on high school teams that can’t afford club. The town competitive soccer should be available to them. But they are making no effort this summer to get our game schedule approved. They aren’t doing anything. Sad for those kids. They should see if they can play in a MA town league.

Comment

Just emailed a letter to the governor about the other states allowed to play games now.
                I don't think it will do much good coming from a parent. really needs to come from Superliga or Club owners...at least the coaches could try.

Comment

Just emailed a letter to the governor about the other states allowed to play games now.
                  I don't think it will do much good coming from a parent. really needs to come from Superliga or Club owners...at least the coaches could try.
                  I think the other thing that parents can do is try and encourage some social distancing and mask wearing. New cases are curving back upward this week... not an encouraging sign for reopening fall school and sports.

Comment

Not connected. Kids practicing has zero to do w numbers up. Kids playing games same. Numbers going up because people are going to parties and cookouts without masks. The tourist season and the people deciding to party this summer causes numbers up not kids on a field or the parents. Can’t wait for summer tourists to leave.

Comment

Not connected. Kids practicing has zero to do w numbers up. Kids playing games same. Numbers going up because people are going to parties and cookouts without masks. The tourist season and the people deciding to party this summer causes numbers up not kids on a field or the parents. Can’t wait for summer tourists to leave.
                      Notice I didn't say it was kids causing the numbers. I just said parents can encourage social distancing and mask wearing. That applies to your teenagers and adult friends at neighborhood cookouts too.

Comment

I don't have teenagers but if I did I wouldn't;t send them to a party.
                        It's the adults acting like idiots causing a slight uptick in this state, and the tourists crowding the beaches.
                        But none of that has anything to do with soccer.
                        Let the kids play ball and moves soccer to moderate like the rest of the NorthEast.

Comment

Phase 3 remains for another 30 days in RI, according to Gina in today's press conference. No soccer games in August. Will Superliga bank on better news come the end of August to bother scheduling a season starting in September?

Comment

A decade or so late but better late than never..missed an opportunity years ago that could have position it to partner with south county and others for a real quasi-premier option for all but the truly elite (and there isn't that many in south county) players

Comment

I don't have teenagers but if I did I wouldn't;t send them to a party.
                              It's the adults acting like idiots causing a slight uptick in this state, and the tourists crowding the beaches.
                              But none of that has anything to do with soccer.
                              Let the kids play ball and moves soccer to moderate like the rest of the NorthEast.
                              adults acting like idiots -- sounds like a lot to do with soccer..

Comment

I heard Superliga season is now cancelled. Any truth to this? Can someone creditable confirm? (Creditable on TS 😅).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X