Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry hoss, Trump just signed an extension for the Federal UI benefit. Regardless, scrimmaging starts up Monday.

Stop with the doom and gloom. The reality is everyone will get the virus until/unless there is a vaccine. Masks, social distancing, and shutdowns was about. not overwhwelming the healthcare system. Consider it underwhelmed. Time to get back to something looking like more normal. Sure, keep wearing masks and don’t congregate in large groups if you’re nervous, but seeeiously, this shutdown has been way overdone.
    Unless you are the governor or a member of his task force stop with the purposeful misinformation. Soccer games aren’t allowed on Monday and that information is available to you on the MYSA website as well as the mass.gov website. If you prefer to do it anyway and pay the associated fines, then go for it. But coming here to provide your opinion is neither productive or informative.

Comment

Sorry hoss, Trump just signed an extension for the Federal UI benefit. Regardless, scrimmaging starts up Monday.

Stop with the doom and gloom. The reality is everyone will get the virus until/unless there is a vaccine. Masks, social distancing, and shutdowns was about. not overwhwelming the healthcare system. Consider it underwhelmed. Time to get back to something looking like more normal. Sure, keep wearing masks and don’t congregate in large groups if you’re nervous, but seeeiously, this shutdown has been way overdone.
      Anybody that uses the term 'hoss' is a total DB....and always dumber than a rock.

Comment

So you are willing to assume the risk for self insurance? I hope you are not responsible for making decisions for a club, board, league, etc. The personal liability risk you (and possibly others) are assuming if you are in one of those groups seems unnecessary when the guidelines are expected soon. Good luck trying to collect from your insurance company if there is a claim and you were scrimmaging without Phase 3 in effect yet for youth sports.

Comment

Just read the re-opening plan on the mass.gov website and here’s what it says:

Phase 3: Youth sports with games and tournaments (limited crowd sizes)

I don’t understand what’s not clear about that.

Comment

Let me clear things up for you.

“Safety Standards for Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities - Phase III, Step 1 (coming soon)”
            https://www.mass.gov/info-details/ex...ts-activities-

Comment

Here is what it says on the State website which was updated yesterday. Literally every phase has been updated, including guidelines, including Phase 2, Step 2 which was pushed back from June 29 to July 6. The Governor and others in his administration have stated that phases and steps are based on data, not dates. Another example was overnight camps were originally in Phase 3 and then were pushed to Phase 4 on Thursday.

From state website:

Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities
              Outdoor Adult Sports Supervised Youth Sports Leagues Summer Sports Camps - Phase II

Safety Standards for Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities - Phase III, Step 1 (coming soon)

Comment

Here is what it says on the State website which was updated yesterday. Literally every phase has been updated, including guidelines, including Phase 2, Step 2 which was pushed back from June 29 to July 6. The Governor and others in his administration have stated that phases and steps are based on data, not dates. Another example was overnight camps were originally in Phase 3 and then were pushed to Phase 4 on Thursday.

From state website:

Outdoor Adult Sports Supervised Youth Sports Leagues Summer Sports Camps - Phase II

Safety Standards for Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities - Phase III, Step 1 (coming soon)
                Why the raging hard on for training matches? I really don’t understand it.

Comment

From state website:

Im a different poster. My interpretation is that with the Phase III date announced (based on dashboard metrics) one could proceed under Phase III assumptions until the new guidelines are posted saying otherwise. Your assumption appears to be that Phase II remains in effect. It’s ambiguous at best and both assumptions seem defensible. I do agree that for planning purposes one is best served assuming the guidelines when released will be restrictive and closer to Phase II. In the interim, the window appears open so scrimmage while you can

Comment

Im a different poster. My interpretation is that with the Phase III date announced (based on dashboard metrics) one could proceed under Phase III assumptions until the new guidelines are posted saying otherwise. Your assumption appears to be that Phase II remains in effect. It’s ambiguous at best and both assumptions seem defensible. I do agree that for planning purposes one is best served assuming the guidelines when released will be restrictive and closer to Phase II. In the interim, the window appears open so scrimmage while you can
                    Like I said, scrimmage before the Gov’s noon presser and pray you don’t get caught, or no one gets Covid because of your useless match.

Comment

I think you are just picking and choosing what you want to read or interpret.
                      First mass youth soccer is still in phase 2 guide lines. Which basically means for most that your soccer insurance company is not allowing games or scrimmages yet.
                      Also on the state web site it says youth sports activities in phase 3 coming soon. If some thinks that means it’s okay to go out and play in a game they are an idiot. If safety guidelines aren’t set yet then you can’t do it.

Comment

Here's your reality: The Governor can change what is and isn't in a phase at whim. He can break any "phase" into as many pieces as he likes whenever he likes. Your club can be told by the Governor personally that they are ok to scrimmage at 2pm on Monday and he can call at 1:59PM and say you can't.

He can do all this and you have no choice but to comply. Ok, you have a choice, but he can bring the full and unlimited resources of the state government (paid for by you) down on you and grind your club into the ground. A simple call from the State Board of Health to your insurance carrier and the town you are based out of will do the trick.

Feel free to talk about taking it to court etc. There is another group of citizens in MA who have been dealing with this dynamic for decades and we know how the game is played. Welcome to the party pal.

Comment

MA is a small state but things might change at the local level as well. A bad outbreak in a town and a mayor or county health department could put the cabash on things. Expect things to be fluid for awhile

Comment

I think you are just picking and choosing what you want to read or interpret.
                            First mass youth soccer is still in phase 2 guide lines. Which basically means for most that your soccer insurance company is not allowing games or scrimmages yet.
                            Also on the state web site it says youth sports activities in phase 3 coming soon. If some thinks that means it’s okay to go out and play in a game they are an idiot. If safety guidelines aren’t set yet then you can’t do it.
                            It’s the forth of July. What are we celebrating? Our independence day... the day we became a free country. Too bad it only took 244 years for Americans to become sheep.

Do what you want. My teams will be scrimmaging amongst themselves in practices this week. Don’t really care what the rest do or don’t do. If you as a parent is uncomfortable with this, feel free to keep your kid home. If you as a parent are such a dbag that you want to call up the state and complain, feel free to find another club because I don’t want you anywhere near my teams.

Comment

It’s the forth of July. What are we celebrating? Our independence day... the day we became a free country. Too bad it only took 244 years for Americans to become sheep.

Do what you want. My teams will be scrimmaging amongst themselves in practices this week. Don’t really care what the rest do or don’t do. If you as a parent is uncomfortable with this, feel free to keep your kid home. If you as a parent are such a dbag that you want to call up the state and complain, feel free to find another club because I don’t want you anywhere near my teams.
                              If you were a decent coach it might be worth it.

Comment

A little full of yourself, or are you Sir Alex Ferguson?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X