X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my guess

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wrong. If a player owes money, their current club can stop the transfer. One high profile CT club is notorious for holding their players hostage for services not yet rendered.
    my guess is that club is oakwood. they make players sign a ridiculous contract that looks like what I would expect an indentured servant contract to look like. ownership seems real petty and tight with money

Comment

my guess is that club is oakwood. they make players sign a ridiculous contract that looks like what I would expect an indentured servant contract to look like. ownership seems real petty and tight with money
      Incorrect. When you said "ownership seems real petty and tight with money", I thought you'd get it straight away.

Comment

Incorrect. When you said "ownership seems real petty and tight with money", I thought you'd get it straight away.
        CFC

Giddy up!

Comment

No. Oakwood doesn't take part time players. Neither does Yankee for that matter

Comment

Wrong. If a player owes money, their current club can stop the transfer. One high profile CT club is notorious for holding their players hostage for services not yet rendered.
            Only if the parents are ignorant. No club can hold up a player pass. Period. Well, I guess they could... but then they would be decertified by USYS and/or USCS... and then sued for malicious damage. Doubt a few hundred bucks is worth that to any club.

If anybody knows of an actual club that has ever done this they should be outed on this board. I don't mean a situation where the club makes a single attempt at mugging the family (just in case they are ignorant). I mean a case where the parent knows the deal and the club persists in holding the player on the roster.

Comment

Just to be very clear, people, there is no transfer. There is simply a roster with a player's name on it. As long as the player is on a roster the governing body (USYSA, USCS, CJSA, etc.) will usually not allow that player to be assigned to another roster. When a player wishes to leave a team they simply tell the club they are leaving and the club is required to remove the player's name from their roster. Required. It's not a favor. It's not a maybe. It's not a quid pro quo. Player leaves, club removes name from roster within a week or so at most. No discussion. No bargaining. The club removes the name from the roster.

Comment

CJSA instituted another money grab fundraiser recently. It's in one of the board meeting minutes on the CJSA site. The parents of any player who switches clubs mid-season (ie between the Fall and Spring) must $20 kickback....I mean penalty, to CJSA to be released.
                Some parents just abuse the system and cause administrative headaches everywhere. For such parents, $20 is not enough of a fine.

Comment

Just to be very clear, people, there is no transfer. There is simply a roster with a player's name on it. As long as the player is on a roster the governing body (USYSA, USCS, CJSA, etc.) will usually not allow that player to be assigned to another roster. When a player wishes to leave a team they simply tell the club they are leaving and the club is required to remove the player's name from their roster. Required. It's not a favor. It's not a maybe. It's not a quid pro quo. Player leaves, club removes name from roster within a week or so at most. No discussion. No bargaining. The club removes the name from the roster.
                  Clubs can hold up a player's move to another club for a variety of reasons, including non-payment of promised fees. Such a player is in bad standing and won't get league support.

Comment

Only if the parents are ignorant. No club can hold up a player pass. Period. Well, I guess they could... but then they would be decertified by USYS and/or USCS... and then sued for malicious damage. Doubt a few hundred bucks is worth that to any club.

If anybody knows of an actual club that has ever done this they should be outed on this board. I don't mean a situation where the club makes a single attempt at mugging the family (just in case they are ignorant). I mean a case where the parent knows the deal and the club persists in holding the player on the roster.
                    As a team manager in different leagues I have seen a version of this - club will drag their feet releasing the player but if the parent persists it will eventually get resolved. Some clubs just like to be a pain the azz, kind of liked a scorned ex-wife. They don't want to let go, they know they will have to eventually, but in the meantime won't make it easy.

And no it isn't worth the money for a club to go after a family for a "contract." The family can just as easily argue that services were not provided as promised. What small claims judge will know anything about it or even care? If word gets out about a club taking a family to court they will have a lot of damage control to cover.

Comment

As a team manager in different leagues I have seen a version of this - club will drag their feet releasing the player but if the parent persists it will eventually get resolved. Some clubs just like to be a pain the azz, kind of liked a scorned ex-wife. They don't want to let go, they know they will have to eventually, but in the meantime won't make it easy.

And no it isn't worth the money for a club to go after a family for a "contract." The family can just as easily argue that services were not provided as promised. What small claims judge will know anything about it or even care? If word gets out about a club taking a family to court they will have a lot of damage control to cover.
                      "services were not provided as promised" -- what club makes any promise of providing any service? OW certainly does not, does FSA or CFC promise in writing to do anything in return for their money?

Comment

Doesn't U.S. Club soccer have a rule that players who change clubs mid-season are ineligible to play for their new club in league games until the next season?

So, little Mia jumps from OW to FSA, but then cannot play league matches for FSA for the remainder of the NPL season?

Comment

Doesn't U.S. Club soccer have a rule that players who change clubs mid-season are ineligible to play for their new club in league games until the next season?

So, little Mia jumps from OW to FSA (a sound move), but then cannot play league matches for FSA for the remainder of the NPL season?

Comment

"services were not provided as promised" -- what club makes any promise of providing any service? OW certainly does not, does FSA or CFC promise in writing to do anything in return for their money?
                            Another reason why it wouldn't hold up in court. Family can claim the club promised them the moon. If it isn't in writing....Those contracts are a joke

Comment

I personally witnessed a club owner demand a check for $600 final payment before he would release a players card. The parent paid the money and left the club.
                              It happens all the time. There are no clear black and white rules. It totally depends on the club.

Comment

oakwood services

oakwood promises to teach your kid to pass backwards, they don't promise you that her team will learn to shoot on goal though, otherwise they would owe everyone back their money

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X