Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I will call FESA out when justified just like anybody else but calling MP a fraud is a bit fake news. He is a good coach. You need look no further than his own daughter who turned into a top college player and plays pro ball. He deserves some credit for that surely.

Having said that, he is running some recruiting scheme where he poaches top talent for both FESA teams and his SJCD school team. SJCD may be a small HS, but they are still a top team and the only way he is doing it is by recruiting and offering scholarships and assembling better talent than the rest. Just the same as Nick Saban does at Bama in football.
True. Really have no issues with players doing both club and high school with MP, but if he recruits them to his school they have to sit out a year before they can be on varsity. Also he should not hold FESA practices at the high school. Also he should not recruit FESA players to his personal camp. Keep the two entities separate.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I will call FESA out when justified just like anybody else but calling MP a fraud is a bit fake news. He is a good coach. You need look no further than his own daughter who turned into a top college player and plays pro ball. He deserves some credit for that surely.

Having said that, he is running some recruiting scheme where he poaches top talent for both FESA teams and his SJCD school team. SJCD may be a small HS, but they are still a top team and the only way he is doing it is by recruiting and offering scholarships and assembling better talent than the rest. Just the same as Nick Saban does at Bama in football.

Fraud is definitely a poor word choice and not fair. Advantaged maybe because of the synergies between FESA and SJCD but a good man and a good coach. Coaches at competing clubs respect him and that is the litmus test for me when you have the respect of your peers.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Fraud is definitely a poor word choice and not fair. Advantaged maybe because of the synergies between FESA and SJCD but a good man and a good coach. Coaches at competing clubs respect him and that is the litmus test for me when you have the respect of your peers.
Does anyone believe that Nick Saban is playing by the rules at Bamer with his recruiting or is he pushing the envelope more and better than the rest? He may be respected as a good coach but his peers know he is cheating his arse off. LOL> I am not familiar with the rules of club and high school recruiting, but it would seem MP is pushing the envelope perhaps.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Does anyone believe that Nick Saban is playing by the rules at Bamer with his recruiting or is he pushing the envelope more and better than the rest? He may be respected as a good coach but his peers know he is cheating his arse off. LOL> I am not familiar with the rules of club and high school recruiting, but it would seem MP is pushing the envelope perhaps.
Surely MP is finding the right girls and those girls are finding him somehow at SJCD and FESA.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Surely MP is finding the right girls and those girls are finding him somehow at SJCD and FESA.
Natural selection
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

what if charles DARWIN note BOOKend$LIPacts ECUADOR$wing SMOKEraid animal planets?!

what if other ANIMALS smoke on GALAPAGOS ISLANDER$pot IRONY of birds & fish mate?!

pick LINGO mates. pick BIG SILENT MOVIESparky.

PICK FIDELumps CASTROily GENIUS monkey wRENCHumps FUNky MONKEY BAR$wing holes.

ARE you trying to USE DENIAL mates?! ARE you under DARK SPELL mates?!

do big BIRDScore smoking NESTrap BEASTrip DARKnight SCOPE benDump$TRIPlows ashe?!
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

MP is about the only one I respect at that club now.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

what if bald MAN-pole smoke bald EAGLE swim buy MAGpies POLE$wing $TRIPlugHOSTrap?!

what if MAYFLOWERSpin $POTrain $HIPlows $HOPlungeRAIDS FOWLumps FLOWindyEARS?!

what if old CHAIN SMOKERaids the GYMarks PLACE MATCHESwing near young children?!

DO you inhale SLUDGE fudge PIEScorn FIELDumps near RAT LAB$core MOUSE TRAP$wing?!

WHO packs SMOKEY BUTTSwing into DAliver$POTruck GRAPHIC ARTShow CHOSEN FAB 45?!

THINK mates.

SMOKING IS (NOT) NORMAL . get help FAST MATES.

ARE CHILDREN born in smoking CRIBS or SMOKING CRADLES?!
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
MP is about the only one I respect at that club now.
That makes sense. He has been there a long time and predated Bubb. Mike Pickett seems like he wants to win and teach the right way all the same. Less of FESA's usual political games and backstabbing, and kickball. And he probably cares more about his school gig than FESA so it's not about the money for him though I am sure it does not hurt. MP is about all FESA has going for it despite the 'GROWTH' and YUGE numbers of players that Bubb boasts about.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
If you ain't cheating you ain't trying
Seriously, MP is the only one there coaching proper soccer. That's why his team does well and his players get scholarships at top division 1 programs.