Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    LISC becomes Barca. I can def see that. Fury goes back to Nassau. Which is where they are anyway.
    Something has to happen with LISC otherwise I don't see how it changes from this year...that GDA spot isn't going to attract new talent if it stays the same. Most Fury or ECNL kids would not go there unless a critical mass of talent were acquired.

And attracting GDA-appropriate talent would require a sea change -- either by offering it at a significantly lower cost (unlikely to happen), having some amazing coach that people would want (i.e. former WNT player), or by convincing an entire team to switch (very unlikely due to the restrictions imposed by GDA).

What would probably be best is for a legitimate second GDA choice to exist on LI -- and Barcelona taking over that spot could be something different at least.

The current crop of ECNL players are probably not that interested in DA if they have not already made the switch. And I know there will be some Fury DA players who will look to come back to ECNL, realizing that GDA wasn't worth it in terms of sacrifice, cost, level of competition, and lack of playing time.

Comment

Something has to happen with LISC otherwise I don't see how it changes from this year...that GDA spot isn't going to attract new talent if it stays the same. Most Fury or ECNL kids would not go there unless a critical mass of talent were acquired.

And attracting GDA-appropriate talent would require a sea change -- either by offering it at a significantly lower cost (unlikely to happen), having some amazing coach that people would want (i.e. former WNT player), or by convincing an entire team to switch (very unlikely due to the restrictions imposed by GDA).

What would probably be best is for a legitimate second GDA choice to exist on LI -- and Barcelona taking over that spot could be something different at least.

The current crop of ECNL players are probably not that interested in DA if they have not already made the switch. And I know there will be some Fury DA players who will look to come back to ECNL, realizing that GDA wasn't worth it in terms of sacrifice, cost, level of competition, and lack of playing time.
      Something has already happened to LISC. Brentwood and Massapequa are no longer listed as affiliated partners on their website so a new partner is probably critical for them to survive. Not sure that Barca is that partner because they have zero girls teams at the moment, but if their facility ever does get completed it would solve a lot of problems for LISC. If purely looking at help with player count LISC would be better off bringing in the rest of the Rough Rider program than Barca.

Comment

I agree that a lot of ECNL kids are happy and don’t want DA. I hear that many Fury want out and back to ECNL. Sooo many reasons why. LISC is just not an option for reasons posted above. Change is imminent, but it looks like it will be another year in our current LI situation.

Comment

I agree that a lot of ECNL kids are happy and don’t want DA. I hear that many Fury want out and back to ECNL. Sooo many reasons why. LISC is just not an option for reasons posted above. Change is imminent, but it looks like it will be another year in our current LI situation.
          What if PR doesn’t want them to leave GDA, where are they going, EMSC? I can see them giving more waivers this fall, if only to keep their 00/01/02 players.

Comment

As far as Barca taking over the GDA spot for LISC, I think its possible, but the talent has to increase, or they will be in the same position. SUSA would be a better partner for them, they have multiple NPL girls, that with proper training, could rise to GDA level talent.

Comment

As far as Barca taking over the GDA spot for LISC, I think its possible, but the talent has to increase, or they will be in the same position. SUSA would be a better partner for them, they have multiple NPL girls, that with proper training, could rise to GDA level talent.
              Susa parents/players have made it clear to Susa officials that they are not interested in GDA. Too many student athletes, not just soccer...track, basketball, lax and too many involved in outside programs like ODP and PDP. Not worth giving all that up to play on a mid-level (at best) GDA team in the weakest GDA conference.

Comment

LISC becomes Barca. I can def see that. Fury goes back to Nassau. Which is where they are anyway.
                Barca can have it, still won't make much of a difference. As long as PR has Fury, the top players interested in GDA are going to go there. The guy coaches NC Courage, has deep ties with USSF and the 2 current USWNT players from LI played with Fury. The players who have been involved in NTCs and Regional combines since age 11 aren't going to be as easily impressed with pretty Barca kits at age 14.

Comment

Barca can have it, still won't make much of a difference. As long as PR has Fury, the top players interested in GDA are going to go there. The guy coaches NC Courage, has deep ties with USSF and the 2 current USWNT players from LI played with Fury. The players who have been involved in NTCs and Regional combines since age 11 aren't going to be as easily impressed with pretty Barca kits at age 14.

It would make a difference if one were still interested in GDA, and many "top" players at Fury are not happy for a variety of reasons. Nothing has changed since the days of switching among ECNL teams -- there remains a lot of churn and an undercurrent of false promises for most. Plus, half the U15 team is going to get cut next year with the combined ages. LISC is not even a credible choice right now -- if there were another choice that has a core of quality players, it would be another option.

Comment

You people have the memory of a goldfish. This past Monday Barca was left off the DA expansion list, assuming they applied, and here we are entertaining them having a girls program next cycle without even having one girls team this spring. Talk about delusional, you guys are really living up to your reputation.

Comment

It would make a difference if one were still interested in GDA, and many "top" players at Fury are not happy for a variety of reasons. Nothing has changed since the days of switching among ECNL teams -- there remains a lot of churn and an undercurrent of false promises for most. Plus, half the U15 team is going to get cut next year with the combined ages. LISC is not even a credible choice right now -- if there were another choice that has a core of quality players, it would be another option.
                      Good point with half the u15 team getting cut. Didn’t even consider that.

ECNL has and will have its place. DA may have most of the top players, but definitely not close to all of them the way the boys DA does. Unless they work together it will continue to be a battle.

One thing to consider now is NPL, EDP, etc are basically obsolete for any kid hoping for college. College coaches already have to do significantly more work with having to follow DA and ECNL. Other leagues have lost any significance.

Comment

Well let's see what one of those USWNT players has to say about it....

https://twitter.com/ALLIE_LONG/statu...20860803399680

Comment

Yeah, Neymar told them to come down LAST YEAR and they didn’t come down.

Comment

Yeah, Neymar told them to come down LAST YEAR and they didn’t come down.
                            All in due time...

Comment

Good point with half the u15 team getting cut. Didn’t even consider that.

ECNL has and will have its place. DA may have most of the top players, but definitely not close to all of them the way the boys DA does. Unless they work together it will continue to be a battle.

One thing to consider now is NPL, EDP, etc are basically obsolete for any kid hoping for college. College coaches already have to do significantly more work with having to follow DA and ECNL. Other leagues have lost any significance.
                              Boys mls da is funded. Cannot be compared to the girls side.

Strange things miraculously happens with funded programs. They attract a lot of players.

Comment

Just coming full circle as it seems this got a bit off topic, besides the OP's post, can anyone else confirm the lack of activity at the SUSA complex?

This seems to be way behind their proposed schedule to have a couple of the fields up and running for the spring season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X