Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSA complex still nothing but a sign

Drove by it the other day and still just a field of weeds and old baseball backstops. Not looking good for the fall.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Drove by it the other day and still just a field of weeds and old baseball backstops. Not looking good for the fall.
    Does anyone on LI actually have fields and/or complex they actually own and have the rights to the fields. Don’t think so. Always so much red tape. Wouldn’t be surprised if this SUSA complex ultimately becomes a fraction of what they say it will be. They will be playing at Baymen for years to come.

Comment

Does anyone on LI actually have fields and/or complex they actually own and have the rights to the fields. Don’t think so. Always so much red tape. Wouldn’t be surprised if this SUSA complex ultimately becomes a fraction of what they say it will be. They will be playing at Baymen for years to come.
      There are too many clubs for SUSA to try something like this. Their enrollment will continue to go down with the likes of Barca, Valencia, FC Fury, LISC and no ECNL.

It is going to be very hard for them to survive under the model they hope for and have to finance a complex like that.

Comment

There are too many clubs for SUSA to try something like this. Their enrollment will continue to go down with the likes of Barca, Valencia, FC Fury, LISC and no ECNL.

It is going to be very hard for them to survive under the model they hope for and have to finance a complex like that.
        If anyone can make that complex happen its Glen the owner of SUSA. I'm actually a Barca parent but know Glen. And he is VERY wealthy and his family use to own a ton of Commercial real estate in the Town of Islip. Money isn't an issue for him. Im sure it will get done, maybe not as grand as originally pitched to everyone but there will absolutely be a complex built there.

Comment

If anyone can make that complex happen its Glen the owner of SUSA. I'm actually a Barca parent but know Glen. And he is VERY wealthy and his family use to own a ton of Commercial real estate in the Town of Islip. Money isn't an issue for him. Im sure it will get done, maybe not as grand as originally pitched to everyone but there will absolutely be a complex built there.
          Keep hearing rumors (I know, I know, there's always rumors) that SUSA has ECNL for 18-19. That would be huge.

Comment

Keep hearing rumors (I know, I know, there's always rumors) that SUSA has ECNL for 18-19. That would be huge.

That would water down the talent even more. Not gonna happen.
            Makes no sense to have 3 ecnl clubs
            Rumors are spread to keep the sheep in order

Comment

Maybe still only two but one is new

Comment

Maybe still only two but one is new
                Any truth Alby is out and SUSA is in? If so, better be before tryout season or the lame BotN garbage will fly!!!

Comment

ECNL is still putting out press releases for new team additions, so anything is possible, but the 2018-2019 divisional map that VDA released (a team that left GDA for ECNL) still shows the same clubs in the Northeast:

http://www.vdasoccer.org/Default.aspx?tabid=1231129

Comment

Any truth Alby is out and SUSA is in? If so, better be before tryout season or the lame BotN garbage will fly!!!
                    Only hearing SUSA is in due to the Suffolk demographic. Alby not losing ECNL.

Comment

I disagree, I think you're still looking at ECNL through the eyes of yesteryear. It's kind of obvious that ECNL main objective is to continue to engage in this chess game with GDA. Take a look at the clubs ECNL has already announced for 2018-19. When your touting 11 college commits or teams that are currently in 1st or 2nd place in their NPL league as "accomplishments" of newly anointed clubs, it becomes obvious that watering down the talent is no longer a big concern. Interestingly, these clubs are located in areas where GDA was anointing new clubs.

I don't know if SUSA is getting anything, I've also heard the rumors and based on recent ECNL club announcements, they're certainly a more impressive candidate than those announced. But, I think Alby ECNL and Paul Riley play a role as well. Even though he has been quoted as saying he's all in with GDA and that it's the future of youth soccer, ECNL would never take the badge from him. Now he could decide to just walk away and concentrate solely on Fury and his other endeavors or ECNL could just let Alby ECNL die on the vine. Those ECNL teams were literally fleeced of all top players (for GDA) and the Alby NPL teams were terrible. The former NPL teams are making up the majority of Alby ECNL (along with a few randoms from East Meadiw B & C teams).

So it'll be interesting to see how things play out, but I wouldn't count anything out based on the past. I mean did anyone think ENY would be awarded 4 GDA badges? 4???

Comment

Only hearing SUSA is in due to the Suffolk demographic. Alby not losing ECNL.
                        As a poster pointed out, that would just make things more watered down.

Comment

I disagree, I think you're still looking at ECNL through the eyes of yesteryear. It's kind of obvious that ECNL main objective is to continue to engage in this chess game with GDA. Take a look at the clubs ECNL has already announced for 2018-19. When your touting 11 college commits or teams that are currently in 1st or 2nd place in their NPL league as "accomplishments" of newly anointed clubs, it becomes obvious that watering down the talent is no longer a big concern. Interestingly, these clubs are located in areas where GDA was anointing new clubs.

I don't know if SUSA is getting anything, I've also heard the rumors and based on recent ECNL club announcements, they're certainly a more impressive candidate than those announced. But, I think Alby ECNL and Paul Riley play a role as well. Even though he has been quoted as saying he's all in with GDA and that it's the future of youth soccer, ECNL would never take the badge from him. Now he could decide to just walk away and concentrate solely on Fury and his other endeavors or ECNL could just let Alby ECNL die on the vine. Those ECNL teams were literally fleeced of all top players (for GDA) and the Alby NPL teams were terrible. The former NPL teams are making up the majority of Alby ECNL (along with a few randoms from East Meadiw B & C teams).

So it'll be interesting to see how things play out, but I wouldn't count anything out based on the past. I mean did anyone think ENY would be awarded 4 GDA badges? 4???
                          Won’t be third ECNL on LI. They are focusing on untapped areas where there is no DA and clubs that can strategically currently compete with DAs. Fury and LISC have to battle with EMSC and Albertson. LI is a non focus area.

Comment

Didn’t PR just hire two new full time ECNL coaches announced last week? Seems like they are fine

Comment

You can disagree all u want. It makes no sense for a 3rd team on LI. And why is SUSA a more impressive candidate then the recent clubs who u said recently got it ? Could it possibly be because SUSAs in your backyard ?
                              All of this talk is irrevelant each child’s path is unique. Their are many many opportunities for your child to play in college. You don’t have to be a DA or ECNL player.
                              Not saying the 2 teams who have it should or shouldn’t have it.
                              But then why only SUSA as a 3rd. Let’s have 10 then

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X