Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My son plays for 2007 team and so far extremely happy with the program. The tryouts were very competitive, actually 4 stages. They made 3 teams NY South, NY North and NJ. Only 11-12 players per each team.
    Before the season started the kids went to “Golden Goal” for 5 days of sleepover camp. Great idea, the kids were totally a”Team” when the camp was over. They all knew each other and spent great time together. Contrary to some other programs where a lot of smaller groupings within the team exist, these teams do not have that.
    Red Bulls are ahead of other clubs/academies, they had a lot evaluations including speed, stamina, jumping etc...to measure development throughout the year.
    Kids are really talented but more than that really focused and into soccer. As an example my son was always the best in the teams he played now he works really hard to keep up with the others, and I am sure it is the same for most of them
    Every training there are minimum 2 coaches, most of the games we have 3-4 coaches watching. All home games are recorded, and shared with highlights. There are video sessions to go through the game tompoint our positives as well as negatives.
    Every game they have different aspect of the game they work on, so it is basically game speed training and the kids are enforced to work the plan. Every game they keep recording passes...The first game I think it was two hundred something passes total (35 minutes halves) and last weekend they had five hundred. It is amazing
    I am very experienced with your Soccer because I have another son playing at an academy team (not Red Bull’s) and you can clearly see the difference.
    RDS is the best!

Comment

I have a 2008 kid in the program and having had kids at several other DA teams, can say I echo the 2007 poster - its a tremendous program and great experience for the kids.

Comment

So how creative are the kids allowed to be when they play? Are they Allowed to dribble? They are, after all, only ten years old. Just wondering... sounds too regimented for kids at age 10. Is it fun for ten year olds to play and train that way? What is the purpose of all of this testing and passing? Is there passion and excitement about the game? Do all players get at least 50% PT? Idk if I’d want to do this rds experiment on my kid. Rather keep him in local programs that allow him to play, be creative and have fun. Too serious and restrictive for age ten imo. But thanks for the info.
        You can do both. RDS is meant to be supplemental to other programs. My kids loved it and had fantastic coaches, coaches that are much better than most local programs. They eventually moved onto better regional club teams and one in DA (although not RB as it's too far on a regular basis)

Comment

You can do both. RDS is meant to be supplemental to other programs. My kids loved it and had fantastic coaches, coaches that are much better than most local programs. They eventually moved onto better regional club teams and one in DA (although not RB as it's too far on a regular basis)
          This isn’t really true. My son plays on the 2008 team. It is not a supplemental program , but a full time year round team. The RDS supplemental program still exists, but this is different. The RDS Regional Team permits dual carding, but the reality is that it is almost impossible to accomplish.

Comment

yes - i think the prior poster confused. it's definitely NOT supplemental - its a full on team meant to compete with the academies' younger pre academy offerings. its separate from RDS training clinics, though you can do those if want a further extra day of training. we left a top academy's 2008 team for the RDS Team as my experience is the academy's focus best coaches/training on older academy teams and skimp on younger kids, basically viewing it as a money maker to subsidize older boys. Red Bulls seems to truly care about these younger kids' development, as they have a huge economic incentive if the program can even produce 1 home grown 1st team player every few years.

Comment

yes - i think the prior poster confused. it's definitely NOT supplemental - its a full on team meant to compete with the academies' younger pre academy offerings. its separate from RDS training clinics, though you can do those if want a further extra day of training. we left a top academy's 2008 team for the RDS Team as my experience is the academy's focus best coaches/training on older academy teams and skimp on younger kids, basically viewing it as a money maker to subsidize older boys. Red Bulls seems to truly care about these younger kids' development, as they have a huge economic incentive if the program can even produce 1 home grown 1st team player every few years.
              Waste of money. Better off staying with your club and then trying out for the DA teams in a year.

Comment

Waste of money. Better off staying with your club and then trying out for the DA teams in a year.
                I was on the fence, but thus well-reasoned reply certainly convinced me!

Comment

Yep, better off keeping these extremely talented little ones where they will be the best player on their club team so they can score lots of goals for your club for another year or two while simultaneously reinforcing bad habits because they can get away with playing 1 vs everyone. I mean really, why would you want to challenge these kids by putting them with and against kids just as talented as themselves?? Besides, why would you want an entire year or two for your kid to be able to show what he’s got? Better to hinge your bets on a day or two of tryouts because no kid ever has a bad day.

Comment

"waste of money" poster is an idiot. the RDS Teams are a bit cheaper than the academy clubs youth teams (Cedar Stars, PDA, WC, FC , Met Oval etc). So when you say better to "stay with your club" which club exactly do you mean. The town/ayso teams? If you keep them there and hope they can get on ANY DA at age 12 good luck to you - they will be WAY behind. If the comparison is with academy clubs, again - RDS is better and no more expensive. try a reasoned actual response please

Comment

"waste of money" poster is an idiot. the RDS Teams are a bit cheaper than the academy clubs youth teams (Cedar Stars, PDA, WC, FC , Met Oval etc). So when you say better to "stay with your club" which club exactly do you mean. The town/ayso teams? If you keep them there and hope they can get on ANY DA at age 12 good luck to you - they will be WAY behind. If the comparison is with academy clubs, again - RDS is better and no more expensive. try a reasoned actual response please
                      How many kids last year on the loaded 05 RDS team made the academy team this year? The percentage will be even less with 3 teams. Stop drinking the rds koolaid that it is the only pathway to the academy team. BTW top 07 kids are already playing academy this year.

Comment

How many kids last year on the loaded 05 RDS team made the academy team this year? The percentage will be even less with 3 teams. Stop drinking the rds koolaid that it is the only pathway to the academy team. BTW top 07 kids are already playing academy this year.
                        This question has already been answered earlier in this thread, but to be redundant 8 of the 16 kids on the team were offered spots at the Redbulls Academy while all 16 were placed in a USSF DA. Yes of course the percentage will drop with three teams... so what? No one ever implied that this was the only pathway to DA, not even the RDS staff. I honestly don’t see how anyone could say that this isn’t a good option for kids with the skill and aspiration to play Academy ball. No not all of them will make it, but for the ones that don’t they will still be better players because of it. And yes, a few 07’s play for the DA, but 95% of the roster are 06’s. What do you have against this program? Did your kid not make the team? Did they take your clubs best player? Come to think of it, the only person I have ever heard say anything negative about this program is LM. Hmmm...

Comment

agree with last poster. this is either a sour grapes dad whose kid didnt make it or LM.
                          scumbag Larry Miller refused to even post my RDS teams discussions on his chat "site". basically threatened by a new superior product to his paying DA/Premier team customers. Literally every kid on these RDS teams turned down prime DA youth team spots. Its a great program and without the parent, politics, coaches kids, nonsense at usual clubs.

Comment

agree with last poster. this is either a sour grapes dad whose kid didnt make it or LM.
                            scumbag Larry Miller refused to even post my RDS teams discussions on his chat "site". basically threatened by a new superior product to his paying DA/Premier team customers. Literally every kid on these RDS teams turned down prime DA youth team spots. Its a great program and without the parent, politics, coaches kids, nonsense at usual clubs.
                            Sure idiot. These kids turned down nycfc or red bulls academy spots so they can pay 3k to play rds edp. Get over yourself. If your kid was good enough to play mls da this year, he would not be playing rds.

Comment

who said they turned down NYCFC or RED Bulls???!! that doesn't even make any sense - NYCFC doesn't even have a 2008 group nor does Red Bulls, other than this RDS EDP team! You clearly have no idea of the youth soccer landscape at this age. You must be LM or just a complete other idiot. I clearly meant they turned down the 2007-2008 pre-academy teams for CS, MO, BWG, NYSC, FC WC, PDA, etc. Go to bed Larr....

Comment

who said they turned down NYCFC or RED Bulls???!! that doesn't even make any sense - NYCFC doesn't even have a 2008 group nor does Red Bulls, other than this RDS EDP team! You clearly have no idea of the youth soccer landscape at this age. You must be LM or just a complete other idiot. I clearly meant they turned down the 2007-2008 pre-academy teams for CS, MO, BWG, NYSC, FC WC, PDA, etc. Go to bed Larr....
                                They both have a 2006 team which are well represented with 2007s. Take your pills.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X